Android 8" PX6 unit

gregoory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gergely
Vehicle(s)
S550 2.3 ecoboost
Worse radio quality?? Aw that's a bummer haha. When I'm not listening to music, I listen to an AM radio station and the reception with the stock head unit is already god awful as it is. At least I can stream it still I guess.

So your phone calls do still work perfectly fine? Any noticeable difference in sound quality by chance? With my volume all the way up, I still have trouble hearing a lot of calls...Ford really put together a POS system, I've been very disappointed haha
Yes, it got worse. In a denser area with more city and closer radio stations it might not be a problem. It is still OK, cause my favorite radio station`s reception is fine

Phone calls are perfectly fine. I didn`t have problem with that even before the new head unit.
Sponsored

gregoory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gergely
Vehicle(s)
S550 2.3 ecoboost
Did you guys found a way to display the outside temperature?

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Any issues with losing sound? My sound on my android head unit stopped working

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I was going to get this. I ended up with a Sync 3 unit. So many issues with these and lack of support scared me away.

OP
OP
Turbong

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
There are settings on the unit to change the radio frequency according to your region mine was set to Europe by default.

@
gregoory

You just buy a BT OBD reader from amazon download the torque app that lets you add a temp gauge done, you also get the benefit of a bunch other gauges and checking engine codes on the fly haha

@
StickShiftyFifty

Looks like you probably just had some glitch a restart can fix, otherwise a hard reset.

@
Dave2013M3

No issues here, mine works quite well as intended. Good just buy what you want from the beginning no need to beat around the bush if you look for problems you will find em.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
There are settings on the unit to change the radio frequency according to your region mine was set to Europe by default.

@
gregoory

You just buy a BT OBD reader from amazon download the torque app that lets you add a temp gauge done, you also get the benefit of a bunch other gauges and checking engine codes on the fly haha

@
StickShiftyFifty

Looks like you probably just had some glitch a restart can fix, otherwise a hard reset.

@
Dave2013M3

No issues here, mine works quite well as intended. Good just buy what you want from the beginning no need to beat around the bush if you look for problems you will find em.

I just found a smoking deal from a local boneyard here that had a 2019 Mustang GT Premium with only 20k miles on her. I got the Sync 3 out of her for only $350. I also wanted the toggles for the modes. However, there is a difference between the 2018 and 2019/20 Mustangs. The person I was in contact over at Aliexpress didn't give me the greatest confidence that it would work in my 2020 as some of the connectors are different in those models.

Aegir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
How does the starting screen look like? Does it allow you to customize this, as well as the other visuals (background, buttons/button size in main menu etc.)?

gregoory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gergely
Vehicle(s)
S550 2.3 ecoboost
How does the starting screen look like? Does it allow you to customize this, as well as the other visuals (background, buttons/button size in main menu etc.)?
The starting screen is whatever you used last (radio, nav, etc), there is no starting/welcome animation. You can fully customize the background, buttons/button size.

11.jpg
Sponsored