Sponsored

Android 8" PX6 unit

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Stupid Question: Does anyone know if doing something like this voids the car warranty? I was looking at the bigger vertical Tesla screen, but don’t want any issues with my warranty. I’ve already gone through one Ford Buy Back and I’m kind of cautious at this point.
Warranties don't get voided...they get denied.

You can buy a brand new Mustang, throw on a huge turbo, race gas, exhaust etc. If you have issues with your radio they won't even question it. Now complain that the engine blew up and you might get laughed at, but that still won't "void" your warranty on the rest of the car that's unaffected by the modifications.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
If it wasn't for this issue with not hearing sync audio I would get this thing

gregoory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gergely
Vehicle(s)
S550 2.3 ecoboost
Update:

The package finally arrived this week. Summary for the shipping: The seller gave me wrong tracking number twice. They had no idea about the correct one. I received an SMS from DHL to pay the custom, thats why I knew my correct tracking number.

Question for you guys: I tried to install the new head unit, but the motherboard and back panel does not fit correctly. Could you please tell me how and what did you cut off to make it fit? Would the motherboard be ruined if I cut off the stuff above the red line?

Inked20201128_185735_LI.jpg

OP
OP
Turbong

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
@gregoory
I wouldn't cut the board lol, look at some tomtop install videos.
@Dave2013M3
I don't get why Sync is so important you can use AA or just BT to make calls...
@SnoopDank
Can you check what version of Android you have? The sync issue is exactly the same, did they say it should be working now?

Factory code 888
126 for logo

Last edited:

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@gregoory
@Dave2013M3
@SnoopDank
Can you check what version of Android you have?

Factory code 888
126 for logo

So you never got it to work? I know you have BT and such but according to Aliexpress they got the sync to work correctly now.

Left you a PM, would love to hear from you.

Dave

Sponsored

SnoopDank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
@gregoory
@Dave2013M3
@SnoopDank
Can you check what version of Android you have? The sync issue is exactly the same, did they say it should be working now?

Factory code 888
126 for logo
I have real android 10, checked with device info HW.

I haven't heard about a fix for sync.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have real android 10, checked with device info HW.

I haven't heard about a fix for sync.

Yea, thats what I am worried about. I understand that Sync can be circumvented using BT and such along with AA. I just hate when things don't work the way they are advertised.

OP
OP
Turbong

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you never got it to work? I know you have BT and such but according to Aliexpress they got the sync to work correctly now.

Left you a PM, would love to hear from you.

Yea, thats what I am worried about. I understand that Sync can be circumvented using BT and such along with AA. I just hate when things don't work the way they are advertised.
I just looked at the link again, I don't see where it's listed that sync works. Either way if you want factory perfection you gotta pony up 2k to get not even half the capabilities of this unit, even worse they had a blackfriday sale till the 27th where you could of got it half off which is a killer deal, what more do you need to know about the unit? Seemed like a no brainer to me.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

In an email with the vendor, she said that the Sync issue has been worked out. I will probably get tihs though. As even with the OEM Sync 3 you get dual AC control on the panel yet my car doesn't have dual ac. I have found a few kits off of new 2019-2020 Mustangs in the $1k range. For the 2019 and 2020 it really is plug and play and don't need any harness it just plugs in.

What really interests me is the more powerful amplifier that comes with this unit. How is the sound of the unit, was it an improvement over the factory base amp?

OP
OP
Turbong

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In an email with the vendor, she said that the Sync issue has been worked out. I will probably get tihs though. As even with the OEM Sync 3 you get dual AC control on the panel yet my car doesn't have dual ac. I have found a few kits off of new 2019-2020 Mustangs in the $1k range. For the 2019 and 2020 it really is plug and play and don't need any harness it just plugs in.

What really interests me is the more powerful amplifier that comes with this unit. How is the sound of the unit, was it an improvement over the factory base amp?
It is a nice improvement because one the factory stereo is garbage with no amp, and this unit has some nice DSP functions, EQ., the next thing would be to replace the door speakers to have a decent set up.

Sponsored

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Sorry if I missed it, but I saw an issue with no sound coming from Sync...does this mean you can't take phone calls or play music via BT, or were you referring to something else? I'm very interested in this as my base 4" screen "malfunctions" sometimes and it's just...ugly...haha

gregoory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gergely
Vehicle(s)
S550 2.3 ecoboost
Got mine succesfully installed. IT IS AWESOME!!! I did not cut the motherboard, but I had to make adjustments on the back panel to fit. Everything is working correctly.

What is the Sync for? I don't really get it why is it important. Calls, music, everything is working as intended and can be controlled from the steering wheel.

For sound quality: It is slightly better than before, but maybe I just imagine it....

I only found 1 downside: I experienced shitty FM/AM performance even before the kit, and it just got a little worse. It is still good though. I live in the prairies, so the big distances might not help the radio anyway.

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Got mine succesfully installed. IT IS AWESOME!!! I did not cut the motherboard, but I had to make adjustments on the back panel to fit. Everything is working correctly.

What is the Sync for? I don't really get it why is it important. Calls, music, everything is working as intended and can be controlled from the steering wheel.

For sound quality: It is slightly better than before, but maybe I just imagine it....

I only found 1 downside: I experienced shitty FM/AM performance even before the kit, and it just got a little worse. It is still good though. I live in the prairies, so the big distances might not help the radio anyway.
Worse radio quality?? Aw that's a bummer haha. When I'm not listening to music, I listen to an AM radio station and the reception with the stock head unit is already god awful as it is. At least I can stream it still I guess.

So your phone calls do still work perfectly fine? Any noticeable difference in sound quality by chance? With my volume all the way up, I still have trouble hearing a lot of calls...Ford really put together a POS system, I've been very disappointed haha

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Worse radio quality?? Aw that's a bummer haha. When I'm not listening to music, I listen to an AM radio station and the reception with the stock head unit is already god awful as it is. At least I can stream it still I guess.
Unfortunately all these chinese aindroid radios are well known to have poor reception. Some are better than others, but all are generally worse than factory and the name brand aftermarket units.

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Unfortunately all these chinese aindroid radios are well known to have poor reception. Some are better than others, but all are generally worse than factory and the name brand aftermarket units.
Yeah I believe it, I've just honestly surprised how crappy the OEM reception is. I've never owned a car with OEM radio reception this bad lol. Not a problem though, iheartradio can stream it much more clear.
Sponsored