Phoenix PX6 Review...

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Anyone know how to contact Sergey Kozlov without using facebook? Not a member and don't plan on becoming one.
Sponsored

carter242000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford mustang ecoboost base model
Hold your horses. I just messaged him to see if it's okay to share email

Sponsored

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
Yeah, let me know how any warranty issues are handled. The crap they have running is a bastardized Android port and it's configured by the people assembling them in Shenzhen. Trying to blame Android is a copout. Defending these units is like defending a HiPoint pistol.
My first firearm I bought was a high point c9 9mm lifetime warranty made in america. Great for the price, it would put someone down if needed what more would you want for the price? Don't regret that purchase. Sorry just had to jump in lol

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
Update: For all those who have complained about losing Outside Ambient Air Temperature (including me), it is available to be read by the Torque Lite OBDII App available for free on Google Play. I got the OBDII "vertical screen" reader from Phoenix when I purchased the head unit, and finally got around to installing it. It works very well, and I find myself using it quite often when driving. Especially since the screen is not as bright as having the radio software glaring in my eyes with bright blue at night.
The App itself is very simple to use, only takes up about 5MB of memory, and loads very fast when you start it. All data pops right up within seconds of starting the car. It's quite good for being a free app.
About the only downside, is I have to manually start the App when starting the car to bring it up. So, to make that easier, I programmed the custom app launch button next to the radio icon to start Torque Lite. Hmmmm.....If only I could get the head unit to start this app automatically on startup.

DSC_0468.JPG
I have a question about the obd2 port... I have an ngauge tuner plugged in there that I do not want to remove and I like having it plugged in... is this possibe woith this unit ? is it possible to have 2 things plugged into the obd2 port with a split adapter or something?

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
Yes, the drive modes with the toggle switches on the bottom still work the same. Some have said they have issues with their traction control, but my base model shuts off traction control with no issues. The color of the car on the screen is always orange. You can install a picture over the top of it to get something else. I installed just a basic Mustang emblem and got rid of the silly MPH and RPM gauges, since they are on the dash to begin with. There is a YouTuibe video showing how to do this.

On the base models, the outside air temperature is shown on the Sync-1 stereo/center head unit, not the drivers dash. So, it is lost when you install a new head unit. However, I installed a wi-fi ELM-327 OBDII reader and Torque Lite app which has the outside air temp. I posted a pic of this on Page-4 of this thread. In your case (Premium model), if outside air temp is already on the drivers dash, then you have nothing to worry about. It will stay there as always.
does the wifi obd2 reader still plug into the obd2 port?

Sponsored

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
Any update with these? Holding up well for people? Tired of my tiny 4” screen lol

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well, mine is still going. I had a couple glitches and bugs along the way, but so far nothing that wasn't resolved by rebooting it. If anything the little OBDII readers last only about 6 months, so I bought a different brand wifi reader that has lasted longer now.

carter242000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford mustang ecoboost base model
Both of mine are still good. Occasional glitches, but Sergeys software makes a big difference.

Paul77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul M
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
Has anyone seen the newest version of the Pheonix vertical screen Android navagation radio that will be released in November of this year?
Sponsored