Sponsored

Oil Pump Gears

r00tbeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Anyone have issues with stock OPGs when doing monthly/bi-monthly HPDE events? I'm asking because i'll be at 7k RPMs very frequently throughout each lap. Car is still NA.
Sponsored

TuxedoPC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
There are many people who run N/A mustangs on track and I've never heard of the oil pump gears going out. Its usually on high hp forced induction applications.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anyone have issues with stock OPGs when doing monthly/bi-monthly HPDE events? I'm asking because i'll be at 7k RPMs very frequently throughout each lap. Car is still NA.
If you're planning on doing quite a few track days throughout the year, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to look into upgrading for a peace of mind, it's cheaper than a new block. I think revs matter more than boost in this case.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Revs matter and what you do at redline also matters. If you're constantly banging against the limiter you will have a bad time.

IMO, for your use you will be fine. You're not spinning it more than 7k and if you stay off the limiter you should not have an issue. These gears are solid for their intended use, eg. stock rpm and stock power. Once you go way above those is when you start seeing the vast majority of issues. But revving cleanly to 7k is no problem, even if you do it all day long.

Now other things *may* become problematic due to this type of use, but OPGs shouldn't be one of them.

fatbillybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT pp1 A10 Orange
I thought opg was a voodoo problem not a coyote problem?