Sponsored

Ohlins Road and Track s550

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
cool beans. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised the Ford casting is such a PoS dimensionally.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Good shocks - actual good shocks - are almost always money well spent. Getting the shocks and springs matched is critical, and it's hard to beat a combo that is matched during manufacturing. Looking forward to hearing how they do over time.

OP
OP
Du_tch

Du_tch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hovsep
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 F-150 5.0
Good shocks - actual good shocks - are almost always money well spent. Getting the shocks and springs matched is critical, and it's hard to beat a combo that is matched during manufacturing. Looking forward to hearing how they do over time.
100% agree with that bro. The car changed to a totally different machine after the Ohlins and Steeda sway bars. Well worth the money. I also no longer have wheel spin because of the heavier rear springs.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
What’s the furthest you’ve driven in a day with your new setup?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Du_tch

Du_tch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hovsep
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 F-150 5.0
What’s the furthest you’ve driven in a day with your new setup?
About 100 miles within a couple hours. 80 of that being going up past newcombs ranch at Angeles Crest highway and coming down and then some city driving. (los Angeles streets)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
How much of a drop did you do with your setup?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I found that the rear pp shocks had too little rebound for firmer rate springs. Even very slightly firmer Rate. Fast sweeping corners with firmer springs and stock pp shocks can actually be a bit dangerous. The fronts are much more forgiving to harder spring rates. Ohlins or indeed any other premium brand rear shock makes a huge improvement with some very slightly stronger springs. Personally for gt duties I don’t think the fronts need changing. The rear end needs a stronger anti roll bar and adjustable dampers.

Sponsored

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Not exactly sure. Out of the box it was really low so I raised it about an inch all around
Even the Ohlin's were surprised by the Mustang weight! lol

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
Hey OP,

Was just curious how the ohlins were holding up after a few thousand miles?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I think this is as good place to post the video that my shop did when they installed the Ohlins on my car.

Car is 1" lower than before all around and at the moment on the out of the factory F:515lbs/R:800 lbs springs. With the factory 7 clicks from full hard all around. I manage to do a short test drive with the car and with that dumper settings on the street the car is a bit bouncy over bumps. However the car is night and day difference than the OEM PP1 suspension that I had previously. Much more controllable and in fact a bit oversteering as the front is a lot more direct and it's taking the rear some time to settle. I'm on my Steeda front swaybar 2nd hole from full soft and on my factory rear swaybar. I will play around with settings to make the dumpers softer when I go for changing tires. But so far I'm really happy with how that turned out. Something to point out is that I now have some metal on metal sound in the rear that I will need to chase but everything is tight as it should be. I'm due for a clutch replacement which is why I'm not driving enough to get more feedback or any track time so far. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon and I would be able to give more info. Hope this helps.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Running 7 clicks seems pretty rough to driving daily. I actually run mine at 20 all around my BMR front sway bar at the softest setting. I have the Steeda rear drag bar and i want to swap it back to a GT PP or GT350 stock bar.

The Ohlins R&T (300F/900R) themselves are amazing though. Considerably more firm than stock or my numerous different shock/spring combos but they handle bumps and re-settle after it very pleasingly.
Sponsored