Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't know if you're attempting to address my post, but there's no "park" and there's no "stick", I'm downloading the update via wifi in my MT82 equipped car.

Should the engine be off to download?
I’m sorry Nova that was a pretty confusing post. I do not use wi-fi so I cannot help here. Good luck.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I noticed my progress bar froze about 15minutes into the direct update over wifi. I just tapped the start button to have the systems on but not running. Noticed no progress after 15 minutes so shut down the car to go inside and make dinner. When I came back out later, the system had updated and is showing the latest software. I didn't have to do anything.
So, I went out and checked, and it started showing a bit of progress.

However, the car decided it had idled long enough, and shut the engine down. So the download stopped. It appears to have started again.

But I don't know if the progress happened while the engine was off, or on.

So....I'm confused.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Anybody know?

Does the download via WiFi only work if the engine is off? Does the engine have to be off, as some sort of safety measure?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So, I went out and checked, and it started showing a bit of progress.

However, the car decided it had idled long enough, and shut the engine down. So the download stopped. It appears to have started again.

But I don't know if the progress happened while the engine was off, or on.

So....I'm confused.
Well since a number of users have said their downloads happen overnight one has to presume your engine does not need to be running. On the other hand you signal will determine how long your download takes. You may just need to leave it alone until it finishes.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If I want to speed up the install process I push the start button without starting the engine. Then come back later, hit the button again and it's usually finished. No need to be idling to do the updates. Otherwise, just let it take it's sweet time. It will download in the background while the car is off.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If I want to speed up the install process I push the start button without starting the engine. Then come back later, hit the button again and it's usually finished. No need to be idling to do the updates. Otherwise, just let it take it's sweet time. It will download in the background while the car is off.
I just tossed the keys in the console, and turned the ignition on. We'll see if it speeds up the download.

Interestingly, the download screen was still up after 1/2 an hour. The auto shut-off of the radio hadn't occurred.

Hope my battery hangs in there.

I hope SYNC works better after this update. It's never been able to do WAZE and scan through the music on my Android phone at the same time. And recently it stopped re-starting playing the music on my phone automatically.

I also just updated Android Auto, so there's that.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
How big is the 3.4 update without Nav?

Seems like it's a COD MW update.....whole lotta' gb for basically no reason.....

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The 3.4 Update was the first time mine actually started and completed a download over Wifi. Initially, I would put the car on the trickle charger and start the download process in accessory mode. The car would shut itself off after about 45 min and I would restart the accessory mode. I did this for 3 days and the download 3.4 Sync with Nav was so large that it was still downloading. I said the heck with it. After a couple more days, I noticed it had completed the downloads on its own. There are about 15 separate downloads if you have the NAV....not sure how many without the NAV.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Back at work this morning, where I have it connected with the business wifi, and it automatically started downloading the update again. Looks about 35% completed.

Maybe by the end of work today it will be done.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
This is why I use the USB method. A few minutes to put the files on the stick and 30 minutes in the car. Easy peasy.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
This is why I use the USB method. A few minutes to put the files on the stick and 30 minutes in the car. Easy peasy.
Well, I just went and checked. It's all done. The screen looks different.

Haven't messed around with anything to see what the changes are.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I connected my car to my 5G wifi at home. Download and install took 10 frigging minutes.

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I just check the maps update today and it's still show 1.19 is the latest for me.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I just check the maps update today and it's still show 1.19 is the latest for me.
I think the situation for the Maps version 2020.2 is that it can NOT be downloaded from a PC, it must be downloaded in the car. That is what happened for both my Ford vehicles.