Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
He's recording so it wont let you.
Sorry, I'm confused. So, he's recording on his phone but can't play music in his car? Is this an Apple thing?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sorry, I'm confused. So, he's recording on his phone but can't play music in his car? Is this an Apple thing?
Go to the 1:30 mark. He cannot play music while he is doing his recording. You will be able to play music if you go this route.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
this is all for cellphone when you are recording you can’t listen to music as the mic is required. Both my iPhone and Android do this

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Go to the 1:30 mark. He cannot play music while he is doing his recording. You will be able to play music if you go this route.
this is all for cellphone when you are recording you can’t listen to music as the mic is required. Both my iPhone and Android do this
Yeah these comments are correct, it was only an issue as I was recording video.

Works perfectly when not recording - in fact the misses has a new car (Picanto) with wireless CarPlay and the adaptor works better than that ! Every so often hers will drop the CarPlay screen and revert to the standard home screen, even though CarPlay continues to work OK in the background.

WD :like:

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Speaking of Wireless Carplay adapters.

My wife just got a 2021 Jeep Cherokee and the uConnect did not have factory navigation. While both CarPlay and Android Auto work seemlessly it is still a nuisance for her to take her iPhone out of her purse and plug it in to use Carplay.

I was looking at wireless Carplay adapters and read some reviews and the Carlin unit got decent reviews. So I took advantage of a prime day coupon and prime day discount and bought the unit for her for $79.

The install was easy and straight forward. You let the phone connect to the car via Bluetooth, then plug in the adapter into one of your USB ports you then get a prompt on the uConnect screen to attach to the WiFi network displayed. Once connected the Bluetooth disconnects and Carplay comes up.

Everytime you get in the car with the phone Carplay connects within 10-15 seconds after the uConnect system boots up. The only two idiosyncrasies I have noticed are;
1. if you shut off the car and get out and leave the phone in the car and then get back in and start the car the phone connects via Bluetooth and Carplay does not launch unless you unplug the adapter and plug it back in. This may be do to the fact that the USB port in the console stays powered for an extended time after shutting down.
2. If I am using her car my Android phone will not connect via Bluetooth or Android Auto unless I unplug the adapter.

Overall she is really enjoying CarPlay especially the ability to respond to text messages via Siri voice command. She also really likes being able to control her Audio Book app with Siri.

I would assume this adapter would work as well with Sync3 and maybe if she lets me I will take her phone and adapter and try it in the Mustang. If I do I will report on how it works.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just went to send my XML file to Ford and and I too do not have one. Strange. I'm thinking that even after a half an hour and two restarts it didn't finish. I am showing 21098 on my Sync screen.
How long did your update take and how many restarts occurred.
I actually didn't get an XML file already with the last update, which was I think 21020 or something like that. So now I wonder if I try to pull the update, it's going to get me the last one thinking I never updated?

I got one of those adaptors and for me it works great :

WD :like:
At the risk of this having been answered in the video (can't watch it now), does it work for Android Auto also?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I actually didn't get an XML file already with the last update, which was I think 21020 or something like that. So now I wonder if I try to pull the update, it's going to get me the last one thinking I never updated?
Funny, I did get a xml file for 21020 but it was defective and was not able to upload. I then checked the update page and it showed I had 21098 available. So maybe it did upload? Who knows.

I also tried reloading 21098 to see if I could get a xml file. It rebooted three times and still no file. Oh well, at least I have it. No idea what the updates are though. Seemed liked a waste of time.

At the risk of this having been answered in the video (can't watch it now), does it work for Android Auto also?
Nope, this one is CarPlay only.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I started the download for the latest update, then shut the car off and started it up again a few minutes later.

Time will tell if I bricked my SYNC doing that, the update screen is just spinning and spinning and spinning......not showing the percentage complete bar.

ETA; shut the car down, opened door, waited......turned car back on, re-connected to wifi, and the download started.

I hate leaving the car idling in the hot summer sun while the download does it's thing, but that's what synthetic oil is for.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I would think it will just pause and restart where it left off .

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I would think it will just pause and restart where it left off .
The appears to be no downloading going on. No progress across the bar. Is that how this works? Or should I see progress across the bar?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Greg is right, start the car in park and put the stick back in.

Just FYI, when I do an update I start the car and, in park, put the stick in the USB port. I then get a message on the top of my Sync screen saying “Downloading new software“ ( or something like that). No update screen, and no spinning symbol. After about 20 minutes the screen said “down complete, remove your USB. I always let it reboot twice just in case. After the second reboot, success. Except there was no .xml file.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Greg is right, start the car in park and put the stick back in.

Just FYI, when I do an update I start the car and, in park, put the stick in the USB port. I then get a message on the top of my Sync screen saying “Downloading new software“ ( or something like that). No update screen, and no spinning symbol. After about 20 minutes the screen said “down complete, remove your USB. I always let it reboot twice just in case. After the second reboot, success. Except there was no .xml file.
I don't know if you're attempting to address my post, but there's no "park" and there's no "stick", I'm downloading the update via wifi in my MT82 equipped car.

Should the engine be off to download?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I don't know if you're attempting to address my post, but there's no "park" and there's no "stick", I'm downloading the update via wifi in my MT82 equipped car.

Should the engine be off to download?
I noticed my progress bar froze about 15minutes into the direct update over wifi. I just tapped the start button to have the systems on but not running. Noticed no progress after 15 minutes so shut down the car to go inside and make dinner. When I came back out later, the system had updated and is showing the latest software. I didn't have to do anything.