Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My car updated a couple of days ago. Last night when I pulled into the garage, I notice this downloading. I turned off the car, so don't know if it completed or not. Does anyone know what this update is? It is not the Sync 3.4 update that we have been talking about. I thought the updates that begin with 4U5T are map updates. I've been on the 1.19 for months and don't know anything about a new map being released, especially one that would download free, since I've used my freebies a long time ago.

Mystery Download.jpg
Hi all. This may be a new maps file. Found this on an Escape forum. I have reached out to UofM to confirm.

https://www.fordescape.org/threads/new-sync-3-software-update-sync3-v3-4-21020.117533/

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
So what you’re seeing with all these extra files coming down is the latest map update. This consists of 13 files in total and is several GB in size. You may see NA 20Q2 as your map version and it’ll still be pulling files for other areas, Nav voice packs for the languages, etc. You don’t need to leave the car on for hours to get these. Use it normally and when it hits WiFi it’ll continue on in the background.

Arcadia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Velocity Blue
Quick question, if you have the AT&T Wi-Fi activated in the car will it use that for the download? Or will you have to connect to an external?

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
So what you’re seeing with all these extra files coming down is the latest map update. This consists of 13 files in total and is several GB in size. You may see NA 20Q2 as your map version and it’ll still be pulling files for other areas, Nav voice packs for the languages, etc. You don’t need to leave the car on for hours to get these. Use it normally and when it hits WiFi it’ll continue on in the background.
Sir, thanks very much for helping us owners, I greatly appreciate it. When you say “in the background“, does my Mustang need to be running ?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Quick question, if you have the AT&T Wi-Fi activated in the car will it use that for the download? Or will you have to connect to an external?
Do not use a mobile hotspot for a software download. They are just not reliable enough for this application. Use your home Wi-Fi or USB.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Tis the same company that now tries to tell us they're a "technology" company?

The BlueCruise rollout to new F150s and Mach-E vehicles (plus whatever else it's going to go on) is surely gonna go GREAT.

1621339859714.png
Better than what Stellantis is doing, which is absolutely nothing.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Do not use a mobile hotspot for a software download. They are just not reliable enough for this application. Use your home Wi-Fi or USB.
Can the vehicle be totally off for these WiFi updates to occur? In accessory mode?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Sir, thanks very much for helping us owners, I greatly appreciate it. When you say “in the background“, does my Mustang need to be running ?
No. In the "normal use" scenario, when you pull in to your garage/driveway, etc. and hit WiFi, SYNC will stay alive for a few minutes (forget how long exactly) to pull down an update. Some have left their vehicle on in accessory mode to get the files down in a shorter time via manually checking for an update, letting it pull one down and update it, then checking again. Wash, rinse, repeat. But, these are large files at ~1GB each for the most part, so that can be an annoyingly tedious affair depending on network conditions and all that.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hey, at least they are not charging us for the latest map update.......hmmm who knows, maybe they added ads to popup on the screen until we pay the ransom money for the new update :)

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
No. In the "normal use" scenario, when you pull in to your garage/driveway, etc. and hit WiFi, SYNC will stay alive for a few minutes (forget how long exactly) to pull down an update. Some have left their vehicle on in accessory mode to get the files down in a shorter time via manually checking for an update, letting it pull one down and update it, then checking again. Wash, rinse, repeat. But, these are large files at ~1GB each for the most part, so that can be an annoyingly tedious affair depending on network conditions and all that.
Thanks again for your help!

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Better than what Stellantis is doing, which is absolutely nothing.
Yeah I dunno what they are doing, I know they like to claim they get OTA updates with Uconnect 5, but what do I know... :)

I also don't miss an opportunity to meme.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I went to http://syncnavigation.com/ and found that there was an upgrade for me. I downloaded the files and received the following 19Q1_NA_Post-3.2_2ndRelease all the map files (.tar.gz) are dated 12/10/2019

The NA 20Q2 version is not available by download yet for me. At least it was free...

Last edited:

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I dunno... Looks pretty reliable to me.
Screenshot_20210518-082553_Chrome.jpg