Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So does the official Ford website. I've just downloaded it.

Edit: never mind. Apparently the message I was replying to has been deleted.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
530D
My 2020 Vert appears to have updated itself. I now have the button for the heated steering wheel on the main climate screen, I think this is new? I've only had the car for a few weeks, so I might be mistaken.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
I tried the WiFi option, didn’t work, of course it has never worked. Downloaded the files to a USB and the update worked. Small miracles!!

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
Well, for any who may care. I just updated and noticed that Gracenote is now NA20.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
My 2020 Vert appears to have updated itself. I now have the button for the heated steering wheel on the main climate screen, I think this is new? I've only had the car for a few weeks, so I might be mistaken.
I think that's new. Mine doesn't have that. I have no way of turning on the heated steering wheel that I can find. Do you have a hard button somewhere?
I think my car should have the heated steering wheel because I have the Premium Plus Package.
Maybe not available on 2019? The Ford literature says it does though.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I think that's new. Mine doesn't have that. I have no way of turning on the heated steering wheel that I can find. Do you have a hard button somewhere?
I think my car should have the heated steering wheel because I have the Premium Plus Package.
Maybe not available on 2019? The Ford literature says it does though.
It is on the climate page at a minimum and is available via premium Plus package on 2019+ Mustang. No hard button....

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Yeah, mine is on the CLimate page, have to push the screen. Odd they did screen only for the wheel but seats are a button too.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm currently on 20136, and I have the heated steering wheel button on the climate control screen, as well as on the home screen (inside the phone card). And it was exactly the same with the previous version, the one the car came from the factory with (I believe it was 19274, though I'm not 100% sure).

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is on the climate page at a minimum and is available via premium Plus package on 2019+ Mustang. No hard button....
I found it on the climate page and it is greyed out. I don't understand that because I have the 401A package.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
A greyed-out button means that you have the heated steering wheel, but it can't be turned on. Either there's an electrical fault somewhere (you may want to check for DTCs), or your battery is weak (the heated steering wheel is one of the first victims of the load shedding system). And it only works when the engine's running; it's greyed-out if you're on accessory power with the engine stopped.
If you didn't have the heated steering wheel, then you wouldn't see the button at all.

Last edited:

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A greyed-out button means that you have the heated steering wheel, but it can't be turned on. Either there's an electrical fault somewhere (you may want to check for DTCs), or your battery is weak. And it only works when the engine's running. It's greyed-out if you're on accessory power with the engine stopped.
If you didn't have the heated steering wheel, then you wouldn't see the button at all.
Thanks so much. I went out, started the car and it was not greyed out any more.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I have not updated yet, and I have a heated wheel button on the Home Screen but not the climate screen (unless I go into a sub menu from the climate screen).

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not updated yet, and I have a heated wheel button on the Home Screen but not the climate screen (unless I go into a sub menu from the climate screen).
I'm at 3.4 Build 20136, I haven't done 20282 yet.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried the WiFi option, didn’t work, of course it has never worked. Downloaded the files to a USB and the update worked. Small miracles!!
WiFi didn't work for me either until I moved my router to the garage temporarily. It must need really strong signal strength because I have a smart tv and Sonos out there that work fine.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
WiFi didn't work for me either until I moved my router to the garage temporarily. It must need really strong signal strength because I have a smart tv and Sonos out there that work fine.
TV and Sonos require very little data throughput - downloading a multigigabyte file does