Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You JUST found that out, but had the car since around April?
May, not April. And as I clearly said, I knew the button was there, but thought it had the same function as the music hard button on the dash, which is for sound adjustments. Having said that, tried it yesterday, and as somebody already said, you cannot select the different 'pages' of a mode (FM, XM, etc), since it goes from FM, XM, etc. to the stations in the current page, rather than to the available pages first (XM1, XM2, etc). So not that useful, but better than audio adjustments (like the hard music button), I guess.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
May, not April. And as I clearly said, I knew the button was there, but thought it had the same function as the music hard button on the dash, which is for sound adjustments. Having said that, tried it yesterday, and as somebody already said, you cannot select the different 'pages' of a mode (FM, XM, etc), since it goes from FM, XM, etc. to the stations in the current page, rather than to the available pages first (XM1, XM2, etc). So not that useful, but better than audio adjustments (like the hard music button), I guess.
I'm just giving you a hard time. :)
Right, the steering wheel source button lets you only pick the 5/6 per set (so 5-6 FM stations if you selected FM as a source via your steering wheel sound button).
Yeah, I think that was me saying that you can't change the "cards." Did you try to change the "cards" via steering wheel "next" or via the stereo "next" button?

Regardless, the 2020 Escape I have as a loaner right now lets you cycle through multiple cards via steering wheel and stereo buttons. Pretty sure it's a sync 3.4, it's not the big Sync4 screen.
So I was wondering if this is just part of my probably faulty install (since my AA isn't displaying all info in cluster), I thought maybe this was part of the issue also.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t been paying attention but can you update to 3.4 yet and will it work over WiFi? Scan for Updates Now doesn’t do anything.

Also the heated steering wheel should have been a button on the wheel.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I haven’t been paying attention but can you update to 3.4 yet and will it work over WiFi? Scan for Updates Now doesn’t do anything.

Also the heated steering wheel should have been a button on the wheel.
Were have you been for the past 6 months? :) Yes, 3.4 is available. Forget WiFi, works once in a blue moon. Just do it the easy way, USB false drive.

As far as the heated steering wheel button, everyone pretty much feels the same way.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Were have you been for the past 6 months? :) Yes, 3.4 is available. Forget WiFi, works once in a blue moon. Just do it the easy way, USB false drive.

As far as the heated steering wheel button, everyone pretty much feels the same way.
I took it in for service a couple months ago. I’m guessing you have to beg them to do the update?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@swooshdave - I bought a new build after the update and still updated it myself ... lol.

I suppose I could have pestered them to do it, but I had a full list of other higher importance niggles they needed to do so I didn’t even bother to ask them to do the sync update.

WD :like:

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I just updated mine over WiFi and it failed until I moved my wireless router closer to the garage where the car was. I have a smart tv and Sonos out there with no problems so the car might be fussy on needing signal strength. I didn't use USB because the instructions said it had to be running. Mine took about 40 minutes and I let it program without the car running. Checked the version and good to go.

And the Ford website says I'm updated.
https://help.ford.com/update-sync/

Last edited:

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Now I see there is a map update that I can download to USB.
The instructions say the car has to be running but will it work if you put a charger on the battery or is the car running mandatory?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The instructions say the car has to be running but will it work if you put a charger on the battery or is the car running mandatory?
It takes 2 hours hence the reason. It will auto shutdown the car or flatten the battery before it finishes !

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I took it in for service a couple months ago. I’m guessing you have to beg them to do the update?
More like pay them - 2 hours or more of tech time doesn't come free even though much of it is watching it happen. Simple to do it yourself

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Not necessary or wise to have the engine running for that long. Bad advice from Ford. Keep the battery on a charger and push the start button as often as required until the update completes.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Not necessary or wise to have the engine running for that long. Bad advice from Ford. Keep the battery on a charger and push the start button as often as required until the update completes.
Apparently if you do the USB update you can do it while you’re driving.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Map updates can be funny sometimes and do not like being interrupted. Go out and take a nice drive. Mine took about an hour and a half with notifications coming about every thirty minutes (do not touch anything during the first two, they will go off by themselves). After the third message you can go ahead and shutoff and restart your car. Also follow the download directions to the letter, especially the license file.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Map updates can be funny sometimes and do not like being interrupted. Go out and take a nice drive. Mine took about an hour and a half with notifications coming about every thirty minutes (do not touch anything during the first two, they will go off by themselves). After the third message you can go ahead and shutoff and restart your car. Also follow the download directions to the letter, especially the license file.
Also remember the process is different in the UK - no license file