Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Hey guys, those of you who changed the 'animation', two questions. First, can you please post which one you have, and the FORScan code? And the second is if the Stang guy figures how to change the 'theme' to Lincoln black label, does that mean that the animation will be a Lincoln vehicle (and which one)? If that's the case, can we change to a different animation and keep the gray 'theme'? Hope so. And please post FORScan codes, if you have them :). Thank you.
Cant have Lincoln theme with ford animation. or any other "combination" Not possible.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Hey guys, those of you who changed the 'animation', two questions. First, can you please post which one you have, and the FORScan code? And the second is if the Stang guy figures how to change the 'theme' to Lincoln black label, does that mean that the animation will be a Lincoln vehicle (and which one)? If that's the case, can we change to a different animation and keep the gray 'theme'? Hope so. And please post FORScan codes, if you have them :). Thank you.
This Forscan code "should" disable start-up animation but I haven't verified if this still works on ver 3.4 This is a code for the instrument panel, which previously turned off animation on the 8" screen too. I would start by confirming if this still works on Sync3 Ver 3.4.
IPC Quick Boot: IPC 720-07-01 xxxx xxxx 2xxx

If quick boot works, we can just set all the visual design elements to Lincoln and be done.

There are 3 codes related to the theme:
Code#1 - 7D0-01-02 *xxx xxxx xxxx Brand: 0=Ford, 8=Lincoln, C=Configurable Splash Screen

Code#2 - (All options listed for Sync 3, choose one):
7D0-02-01 xxxx x9xx xxxx GT350 boot screen animation ** Sync 3 only **
7D0-02-01 xxxx x8xx xxxx Vignale boot screen animation ** Sync 3 only **
7D0-02-01 xxxx x7xx xxxx GT350 boot screen animation ** Sync 3 only **
7D0-02-01 xxxx x6xx xxxx Mustang boot screen animation ** Sync 3 only **
7D0-02-01 xxxx x4xx xxxx Lincoln Presidential boot screen animation ** Sync 3 only **
7D0-02-01 xxxx x3xx xxxx Lincoln Black Label
7D0-02-01 xxxx xExx xxxx Continental

Code#3 - 7D0-03-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Visual Design Variants: 0=Ford Classic, 1=Ford Timeless, 2=Lincoln Timeless, 3=Lincoln Next, 4=Ford New Blue GT, 5=MY20 Lincoln, 6=MY20 Ford Motor Company, 7=Lincoln MY20 10" Landscape, 8=Ford MY20 10"

For example my as-built data shows these numbers for the respective codes above in order:
0=Ford
6=Mustang Animation
4=Ford New Blue GT

Changes for Lincoln theme should be as follows (maybe someone with a Lincoln can verify as-built values?):
7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx
7D0-02-01 xxxx x3xx xxxx
7D0-03-01 xxxx x5xx xxxx

Now something just occurred to me. There is that 'C' code option for 7D0-01-02 that just might allow us to mix and match the start up animation with the theme. Pure speculation though and will need testing. There are confirmed posts that the theme is now overriding the animation settings and the independent animation codes are being ignored.
So we might be able to do the following:
7D0-01-02 Cxxx xxxx xxxx (Configurable Splash Screen UNKNOWN)
7D0-02-01 xxxx x6xx xxxx (Boot screen animation 6 = Mustang)
7D0-03-01 xxxx x5xx xxxx (Lincoln Theme)

This is what I have pieced together and in no way am I saying these are correct, just my best educated guess. I assume no responsibility for any consequences resulting from improper programming. I will be trying out these Forscan changes on my car when I have time this weekend.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I updated to 3.4 the other day, just updated to the 1.19 maps yesterday. Went flawless, bunch of new roads that weren't there before are now there on my nav.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Cant have Lincoln theme with ford animation. Not possible.
That's what I thought; thank you for confirming that.

This Forscan code "should" disable start-up animation
I think that's the one I did, and it only disabled the animation of the digital dash, not the screen one, so put it back to normal. But I'm not 100% sure, so give it a try :).
Hey, two questions: On code #2s, the last 2 (Lincoln black label and Continental), DO NOT say animation. Is it possible they don't have any???
And the other question is what exactly is code #3? Isn't that the color of the screen and commands? If yes, then we don't need to change anything else but that, no? And it'd be either #3 (Lincoln Next) or #5 (MY20 Lincoln). And finally, do you know what are the differences in Sync 3.4 between Lincoln black label and Continental? And from Lincoln Next and MY20 Lincoln? Just curious. Thanks brother. If it wasn't 120 freaking degrees in my garage, I'd play with them too. Ha ha. Good luck, and looking forward to your findings :D.

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Damn!!! Y’all some bad azz computer coders. ForescAn is some friendly.

I used to program my Bimmers, those were a pain using a programmed called Impa amongst others.

funtimes, my adaptor refuses to talk to my iPhone, I’ll have to break out my old android and down load ForescAn.

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
Separate. I did it before, but it doesn't show 1.19, so will have to do it all over again now that I have Sync 3.4.

Thanks Elp_ic, I will probably try to re-do the install sometimes and hopefully the maps get updated too as it is showing 1 17 maps after the update. Everything else is updated to 3.4 except maps.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It will update; I already did it, and now shows 1.19, and everything is working as it should.

Just waiting on our brother Stangtime, to hopefully find a way to permanently change the awful blue of 3.4 :D. By the way, tried the last 3 Lincoln settings on the 'testing' menu, and all looked the same. And finally, don't know if it was the case with 3.3, but with 3.4, the soft cooled/heated seat buttons don't show on the climate screen; only on the home one. Will post on the FORScan thread and see if there's another setting so it shows on both. I used APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxxx x6xx (from x4xx), just like on my F-150 with Sync 3.0, if that helps. Thx.

Last edited:

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
The 3.4 install went flawlessly for me today, but unable to update the maps to 1.19. I updated the maps for free about a month ago, shows 1.17, and now get this message when trying to update again:

If you have placed a previous order for a current Map Update via download, the USB you are attempting to order now contains the same Map version you previously purchased. The option to purchase a pre-loaded USB after previously ordering a Map Update via download, is for customers who may have encountered an issue with the download process and now want to order the pre-loaded USB to perform the Map Update.

I don't want the $40 USB, just another download.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
The 3.4 install went flawlessly for me today, but unable to update the maps to 1.19. I updated the maps for free about a month ago, shows 1.17, and now get this message when trying to update again:

If you have placed a previous order for a current Map Update via download, the USB you are attempting to order now contains the same Map version you previously purchased. The option to purchase a pre-loaded USB after previously ordering a Map Update via download, is for customers who may have encountered an issue with the download process and now want to order the pre-loaded USB to perform the Map Update.

Never saved the files when you 1st got it?. How about the email from your order?. It contains a link to download the update /files again.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Never saved the files when you 1st got it?. How about the email from your order?. It contains a link to download the update /files again.
According to the message I already have the latest maps. Is re-installing the update doing anything for me other than labeling the maps 1.19 as opposed to 1.17?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride

Contact CS to get the download link resent to you

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I actually found the email with the original download link, but if I already have the latest maps, then I'm good.
You say that now but you know it's going to bother you down the road. Go ahead and download it, just in case. :like::cwl: