Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
Argh!! Any pics of these layouts? Is there a really good justification to going 3.4 if there are no real good improvements? e.g better CarPlay integration other than apple taking over the system. Dodge’s Uconnect system is well integrated and doesn’t muddle around going to 2 different menus it’s just one.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Argh!! Any pics of these layouts? Is there a really good justification to going 3.4 if there are no real good improvements? e.g better CarPlay integration other than apple taking over the system. Dodge’s Uconnect system is well integrated and doesn’t muddle around going to 2 different menus it’s just one.
The 2 biggest improvements are the speed of the interface (much faster response to touch inputs) and the scrolling radio presets. If neither of those are important and you really need the GT theme, then I wouldn't update.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
The 2 biggest improvements are the speed of the interface (much faster response to touch inputs) and the scrolling radio presets. If neither of those are important and you really need the GT theme, then I wouldn't update.
Not really worth it. I spend most of my time listening to CarPlay or music on a 256gb USB stick. Now if the indexing was vastly improved then I would consider it. It takes about 15 mins to index 18k songs on the stick.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Not really worth it. I spend most of my time listening to CarPlay or music on a 256gb USB stick. Now if the indexing was vastly improved then I would consider it. It takes about 15 mins to index 18k songs on the stick.
I don't know about the indexing speed. Maybe someone else can provide some feedback.

Here is a pic I found of the black label Lincoln theme from 3.4 in night mode. Basically Ford themes are blue and Lincoln themes are dark grey. The home icon is a beige color.
I am not at home so I can't get decent pics of the themes.
3.4 Lincoln night mode main.jpg

3.4 Lincoln night mode music.jpg

Last edited:

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Am I the ony one who wishes there was a favorites section for phone contacts?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Are the maps part of the updates or is it a separate install?
Separate. I did it before, but it doesn't show 1.19, so will have to do it all over again now that I have Sync 3.4.

Here is a pic I found of the black label Lincoln theme from 3.4 in night mode.
How about day mode??? And how is the Ford night mode? If it's dark, is it possible to keep night mode permanently??? The blue is awful. And if you need a Lincoln (hope not), do you have the FORScan code to activate it? Thx.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Separate. I did it before, but it doesn't show 1.19, so will have to do it all over again now that I have Sync 3.4.

How about day mode??? And how is the Ford night mode? If it's dark, is it possible to keep night mode permanently??? The blue is awful. And if you need a Lincoln (hope not), do you have the FORScan code to activate it? Thx.
Day mode is slightly brighter.

Day:
1592507053364-png.png

Night
1592507282158-png.png

I'm going to play with this some more and get actual pics of it in my car. With Forscan you can set the Lincoln theme but keep the pony startup animation. Which is something I would be interested in doing if I decide to keep this as a permanent theme.

If you guys on Sync 3.4 (or older versions) want to see what themes you like,
Turn down your volume. (the first is a sound test)
Press both track forward physical buttons (one on the audio controls center stack + one on the steering wheel)
That will turn on a test mode and test sound. Exit sound test.
Go to "test settings" and tap on "enable test settings"
You'll find an additional icon in the main settings menu from now on to let you get into this sub-menu at anytime.
From test mode you can change your theme to the others in the list. Warning: Do not try and use the themes with 10P in the names. That's only for the 10" display and will F-up your ability to be able to use the touch screen (don't ask me how I know this :crazy:)
The theme will be reset if you restart the car. So have no fear if you forget to change it back.

Last edited:

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Updated my 2016 to the CL version 3.4. Update took about 35 minutes. Everything works for the most part. I'm not getting the navigation in the digital readout of the dash (stock analog tach/speedo, but center section). Don't see an option for it. Tried both stock and Android Auto Google maps. Only other issue is a pop up saying the USB isn't compatible or something like that when my phone is plugged in. I just clear it and everything works as it should. I did notice that jumping from 2.2 to 3.0 seemed to clear up my Android Auto maps (both Waze and G) from spinning around like it couldn't keep a solid GPS location. 3.0 and 3.4 have been perfect.

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Let's be honest. You WANT to, you don't HAVE to.
You know the update is there by the files, but want to update 1 cosmetic digit from an 8 to a 9 in display text only.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
YOU may want to do it; I have to do it, and I will :D. Will start in about 5 minutes, so wish me luck. Ha ha.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
With Forscan you can set the Lincoln theme but keep the pony startup animation
That's exactly what I'd like to do :). Please post what to change in FORScan. And will try that test mode, which by the way, supposedly for us with CD slot, is the eject button + fast forward hard keys. Thank you.

My last resort option would be to permanently set night mode, but obviously prefer to have that Lincoln mode, especially with the pony animation, making it look 100% stock.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Tried to get actual pictures of the Lincoln 3.4 theme but my cell phone is being a dick and won't focus on the screen. I kinda like it but there's certain aspects I don't like. The volume overlay that pops up on screen when you rotate the knob or change the temperature looks kinda bland. I really miss having the overlay change color depending on the mode. I.E red for volume change, blue for temperature change, etc. Why ford took that away in 3.4 is unforgivable.

I will dig up my Foscan notes and try the codes. Then post them here.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Tomorrow morning I will put the car on the charger and go for round two with the map updates. I already used the download that erases the navigation from the system (lost voice controls) and have completed the upgrade to Sync 3.4. I have the newest USB with the map files ready to go....but since I typically don't drive the car during the week, will hook it up to the charger and insert the map USB in the morning.