Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
IT'S THERE. YEEEEEEY! Thank you. But decided not to download it now, since my stupid Spectrum internet is cutting off like 20 times a day. They told me I need to get the router changed, so will do that first; don't want having to call Ford again. Ha ha. I already have the map confirmation email, so if all goes well with Sync 3.4, then I'd just download the maps again, right? No need to erase anything, since everything is working fine, correct? Just to make sure :D. Thank you again for all your great help UofMEngineer; you're 'da man':handsinair:.

EDIT1: Hey, do I need to edit the autoinstall file to avoid endless looping, or not anymore? Thx.
EDIT2: Can I do a quick format of the USB stick to exFAT, or need the long one? Thx.
EDIT3: Already downloaded the file :D. But no separate 'VIN file', like with the maps. Is that normal? And yes, already extracted the files, and there're only 5 .gz files, along with the autoinstall and dontinDX ones.

Last edited:

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
This morning my visitors flew home, so went into the garage to rectify my "no navigation voice command" issue. I used the download the software person sent me to erase the maps....it actually deletes your navigation from the system. After using the tool and confirming that the screen now said Navigation failed; I installed the Sync 3.4 update. It took about 15 minutes (I stood in the garage and had a beer so I could catch it before it began looping). After it said update complete, I got out of the car and locked doors for about 5 minutes. On startup, it showed I have Sync 3.4. I have the new USB with the updated map files they resent me, so I will upload them tomorrow or the next day. Instead of driving around for almost 2 hours, I'll probably put in on the charger this time. If the maps install and show correct version, I will consider this saga completed.
Sync 3.4.jpg
I logged on to Ford Aus owners page and it was mentioned that new version of SYNC 3 is ready for my car to download (SYNC3 v3.4.20136). I followed the instructions and downloaded and installed via a USB no issues. Took about 15-20 minutes with engine running. Restarted the car and it is showing SYNC3 v3.4.20136 and interface is different. All looked good except it said Navigation error but they look ok. Couldn't check the maps as it is late here in VIC with the night curfew. Will check the maps on my next drive but all look good.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
IT'S THERE. YEEEEEEY! Thank you. But decided not to download it now, since my stupid Spectrum internet is cutting off like 20 times a day. They told me I need to get the router changed, so will do that first; don't want having to call Ford again. Ha ha. I already have the map confirmation email, so if all goes well with Sync 3.4, then I'd just download the maps again, right? No need to erase anything, since everything is working fine, correct? Just to make sure :D. Thank you again for all your great help UofMEngineer; you're 'da man':handsinair:.

EDIT1: Hey, do I need to edit the autoinstall file to avoid endless looping, or not anymore? Thx.
EDIT2: Can I do a quick format of the USB stick to exFAT, or need the long one? Thx.
EDIT3: Already downloaded the file :D. But no separate 'VIN file', like with the maps. Is that normal? And yes, already extracted the files, and there're only 5 .gz files, along with the autoinstall and dontinDX ones.
1. Check the autoinstall. One I downloaded last night still didn’t have the Delay option. Sigh.
2. Either is normally fine.
3. There is no ESN link for core software updates. Maps have it for the license.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
As long as you have the latest (new) version of the maps downloaded, you don't need to delete anything. (Remember the first version caused voice commands to be deleted)

The Sync update takes about 15 minutes. I sat in the car, and when it said update complete and rebooted to the "Mustang", I yanked the USB. I don't know if they edited to eliminate the looping in the last couple of days before making the download available again yesterday.

That is correct, there are only five (.gz) files in the download.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
ou will probably have to reinstall the maps.

I logged on to Ford Aus owners page and it was mentioned that new version of SYNC 3 is ready for my car to download (SYNC3 v3.4.20136). I followed the instructions and downloaded and installed via a USB no issues. Took about 15-20 minutes with engine running. Restarted the car and it is showing SYNC3 v3.4.20136 and interface is different. All looked good except it said Navigation error but they look ok. Couldn't check the maps as it is late here in VIC with the night curfew. Will check the maps on my next drive but all look good.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you guys. Will do a quick format then. Couldn't open that .lst file, so can't see if the delay is there or not. How quickly does it start looping again? One of you mentioned the 'Mustang' thing, but that means it was rebooting for the second time already, no? Guess we need to be glued to the freaking car and watch for the 'update complete, please remove USB'? Nobody has posted what's the last notice you get with this update, so don't really know what to look for. Maybe I can wait to see if somebody who downloaded the update yesterday or today can chime in if the delay issue was resolved or not. It's like 120F in my garage, so no freaking way I can stay in the car for 15 minutes. Ha ha. I plan to do it with the ignition on only, and same thing with the maps. Will probably do a master reset after finishing the 3.4 update, and see if by any chance it updates maps to 1.19, so I don't have to do it again. And will also do it with my music USB inserted, to avoid browsing issues.

By the way, how many times the system reboots for the 3.4 update? Was it 2? Thx.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The .lst file is just text. Open and edit with Notepad

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
FYI, Ford dealer's Sync 3 flash drive will be able to update the Cyanlabs 19724 build with no issues. Originally tried doing it by downloading the latest build from the Ford website but kept getting an error. Dealer's flash drive is roughly 26GB.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
As stated above, it is easy to edit the file to get rid of the loop. I didn't bother. I was able to catch it after the reboot and instructions to remove USB.

Quick format will be fine for the USB for the sync upgrade.

You can do the sync upgrade in the accessory mode because it is only 15 minutes.

The "map" update takes an hour or more, so you will probably need it running or on a charger.

Thank you guys. Will do a quick format then. Couldn't open that .lst file, so can't see if the delay is there or not. How quickly does it start looping again? One of you mentioned the 'Mustang' thing, but that means it was rebooting for the second time already, no? Guess we need to be glued to the freaking car and watch for the 'update complete, please remove USB'? Nobody has posted what's the last notice you get with this update, so don't really know what to look for. Maybe I can wait to see if somebody who downloaded the update yesterday or today can chime in if the delay issue was resolved or not. It's like 120F in my garage, so no freaking way I can stay in the car for 15 minutes. Ha ha. I plan to do it with the ignition on only, and same thing with the maps. Will probably do a master reset after finishing the 3.4 update, and see if by any chance it updates maps to 1.19, so I don't have to do it again. And will also do it with my music USB inserted, to avoid browsing issues.

By the way, how many times the system reboots for the 3.4 update? Was it 2? Thx.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
All looked good except it said Navigation error but they look ok. Couldn't check the maps as it is late here in VIC with the night curfew. Will check the maps on my next drive but all look good.
May just be a glitch after the auto reboot. Any time I've seen something similar, it will go away in the next cold boot.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well, the 3.4 update was successfull... after THREE freaking loops. Geez. So no, Ford took all those days off for nothing. Couldn't find the notepad on my stupid computer, so had to use the file from Ford. The first time it took 14 minutes, so I was late (was expecting 15 mininum). The second time took less than that, so freaking missed it again. The last one was standing right there in the 100+ heat, and the stupid 'warning' to remove the USB flashed for less than a second. No wonder I couldn't catch it before. But it's done.

By the way, is there a way to edit the background? The blue Ford used is awful. And the screen looks smaller, so guess the lower buttons are bigger than before (why?). Hope there's a way to change the color (details, please :D). I've been downloading the maps for hours. Now it's the USB; it's almost done. Will attempt to do that tomorrow. Did a master reset, and 1.18 is still there, so will have to repeat the download. Oh well. Forgot to check if the 'calm screen' is there or not. If not, will have to get another license because the one I had expired already.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
Anyone know if the themes are still there? I want the GT Performance startup/shutdown screens and the layout. All the other ones I don’t care about. This is the only thing holding me back from updating from 3.3 to 3.4.

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Ford GT one is gone in 3.4.
There are still different themes like before, but also some 10inch layouts as well.
-ford-10P-MY20
-ford-10P-ST
-ford-10P-U625
-ford-CX430
-ford-MY20
-ford-RS
-ford-ST
-ford-U625
-ford-evo
-ford-mustang
-ford-raptor
-ford-shelby
-ford-vignale
-lincoln-10L-MY
-lincolnn-CX483
-lincoln-MY20
-lincoln-U540
-lincoln-U611
-lincoln-blacklabel
-lincoln-continental
-lincoln-presidential

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Ford GT one is gone in 3.4.
There are still different themes like before, but also some 10inch layouts as well.
-ford-10P-MY20
-ford-10P-ST
-ford-10P-U625
-ford-CX430
-ford-MY20
-ford-RS
-ford-ST
-ford-U625
-ford-evo
-ford-mustang
-ford-raptor
-ford-shelby
-ford-vignale
-lincoln-10L-MY
-lincolnn-CX483
-lincoln-MY20
-lincoln-U540
-lincoln-U611
-lincoln-blacklabel
-lincoln-continental
-lincoln-presidential
I played around in diagnostic mode and tried a few of these. I kinda like the Lincoln Black Label theme (dark grey theme). But I don't want the Lincoln animations. Likely can make the changes in Forscan. I didn't see an obvious difference between ford-MY20 and ford-Mustang themes.