Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
I experienced the same thing this morning.

I find it interesting that Ford, and other car companies, really aren't good at supporting technology. The FordPass app on my phone is also dead and won't run anymore.
I agree with your comment about Ford’s lack of supporting technology. I had a 2016 BMW 435i prior to my GT. The way/method BMW updates their software and maps OTA is superlative to Ford’s quirky and error-prone methods. No customer action was required in the BMW....you’d be driving along and would get a message on the display that maps or software had been updated, all done behind the scenes with no interruption of services. Really remarkable.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I experienced the same thing this morning.

I find it interesting that Ford, and other car companies, really aren't good at supporting technology. The FordPass app on my phone is also dead and won't run anymore.
Hell, even companies like Apple, who is an actual tech company (pushing a $2 trillion eval ...), has delivery issues, in 2020 where even car head units are complex computing devices, it's become easy to f*** up.

It also gives me an out when we have a bug/issue :D

"See, companies like Ford and Apple can't even deliver reliably!"

:D

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I just now was finally able to download the update file!!! :D

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I re-downloaded the F-150 one I didn't get around to applying yet.
The script and files are exactly the same. (no delay in the script)

jimharrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I do notice a difference between the 3.4 for 2020 and 2019 model years...when you scrub in SiriusXM, there is no pop-up showing the station logos on the 2019 like it does on the 2020.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
I re-downloaded the F-150 one I didn't get around to applying yet.
The script and files are exactly the same. (no delay in the script)
There's no change for the MY19 updates. It's only MY20's. Those will switch back on later this week / weekend.

EPTS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Done. It's so ugly though. I miss the dark mode of 3.3. I'm not a fan of blue and this just looks terrible to me. Oh well.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
does it feel snappier or any faster?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Saw the thread bumped, was just able to D/L, ~1.2G, about 2-3 minutes tops.

OK, going in ... :D

Last edited:

psu2008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Metallic Mustang GT PP1, 2019 Leadfoot Harley F-150, 2019 Billard Blue Street Glide Special
I updated successfully but now Sirius doesn’t appear! Any idea why? Nevermind: Just had to send a refresh signal.

Last edited:

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Done. It's so ugly though. I miss the dark mode of 3.3. I'm not a fan of blue and this just looks terrible to me. Oh well.
I agree, I think the graphics are horrible, like it is meant for smaller screen.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Starting a new thread to separate it from the navigation thread.
Thanks UoMEngineer for providing all help and updates on the subject and the Navigation thread issues.

*UPDATE IS LIVE - Sync3 3.4 for 2019 Mustangs that are currently running v3.2 or 3.3 or a prior version of 3.4 on the MY2020.

New Version: 3.4.43 (20136)

For Sync3 with Navigation:
Currently after install, the system will reboot.
If the USB is kept in, it will install the same files again. This is endless.
It will not stay on the 'Safe to remove USB" screen and I'm not sure if Ford will fix the script to add in the delay line.
Remove the USB when instructed and let the system reboot.
You should be on 3.4 after the reboot.
If you would to avoid multi-reboots, edit your Autoinstall.lst file in notepad and change the last line:
Options = AutoInstall
Options = AutoInstall,Delay

For Sync3 without Navigation; may require multiple reboots.
Waiting on someone to report back the contents of the Autoinstall.lst file.
The last option line in the file should also have the delay(like in Nav) in order for the install to stop on the last step.

Update does not fix the displayed map version to the installed version.
It's not a real-time/file check update. It will continue to display what is already there.
It will update the MAP version in Sync 3.4 when the map pack is installed.
If you have to do both, upgrade to Sync3.4 first, then install Map Update 1.19.
If you have Map 1.19 already installed, after you upgrade to Sync3.4 you can reinstall the MAP update to display the correct file.

What does it do for you? Like any computer I don't update just to be trendy. The system in my 2017 is working perfectly. If it isn't necessary, why bother?

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I totally agree. After a drive I guess it's not so bad. I just wish we could chose the color of the back and foreground.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So what's the verdict folks? To update to 3.4 or not? Now I'm not so sure if I should do it or not. It won't change the stupid maps to 1.19, and don't plan to reload them even if I could (a big if, since I erased the confirmation email). And don't have any other reason to update it. By the way, was the 'delay' error fixed, or not yet? Thx.

I edited the autoinstall.lst file to include the ,Delay
How exactly do you edit that file? Is it something we regular Joes without an IT degree can do? :D Thx.

does v3.4 fix the pop-up every time you start the car saying that Ford Diagnostics is watching you?
I think that's the FordPass man. I deleted it on my F-150, and no more issues. Didn't even set it up on the Bullitt, in spite of salesman insistence.

Sirius doesn’t appear! Nevermind: Just had to send a refresh signal.
Hey, how did you do that? Is there a regular setting for that, or do you need to access the 'secret diagnostic menu'? Please give us details :). Thx.