Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
So what's the verdict folks? To update to 3.4 or not? Now I'm not so sure if I should do it or not. It won't change the stupid maps to 1.19, and don't plan to reload them even if I could (a big if, since I erased the confirmation email). And don't have any other reason to update it. By the way, was the 'delay' error fixed, or not yet? Thx.

How exactly do you edit that file? Is it something we regular Joes without an IT degree can do? :D Thx.

I think that's the FordPass man. I deleted it on my F-150, and no more issues. Didn't even set it up on the Bullitt, in spite of salesman insistence.

Hey, how did you do that? Is there a regular setting for that, or do you need to access the 'secret diagnostic menu'? Please give us details :). Thx.
The .lst can be edited in notepad. Very easy. The pop-up, I believe they improved the logic for when it's shown now. The SXM refresh you send from the SXM website.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I just did my update while I was out on some backroads with a couple of 7k pulls...... So it seemed to happen pretty quick. :) For the record I think it looks great compared to the 3.3 version and I love the blue look at night but then my car is blue too..... It went very smooth only one reboot so they must have have fixed that issue that others noted with multiple reboots. So I'm happy with the update so far!

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Just tried to download and it downloaded quick. Hollered at the wife I'd be back and 15 minutes later it said to remove the drive so I did. It rebooted and boom 3.4. Looks beautiful! Seems snappier as well.

How do I update the map update file? I did a map update back in January 2020 but not sure if that was the 1.19 or not.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I still can't download from the server; goddammit Ford! Ford is obviously struggling with the whole 'computer thing.'

OT, but this don't look good (dunno if this deserves its own thread): http://www.autoextremist.com/

Last edited:

NitishMudgal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nitish
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I was able to download it from the server and update it using USB. The process was pretty streamlined although I did end up reinstalling it once thinking it will stop if nothing needs to be updated anymore.
So far the changes noticed:
1. Music tab has a better look with a scroll functionality for stored radio channels
2. The look is better a little crispier. (Maybe I am just telling it to myself)
3. The best part with Android Auto Google Maps, the directions are shown on the Instrument Panel. (Pretty slick in my mind). The best feature.
Please let me know the other major changes if any there are which I may have missed

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
One thing that I've noticed that different from 3.3 is when using USB the "new search" function is disabled when driving. I have over 200 songs in a file I call "singles" that I can only get to by tapping "new search" in the upper right hand corner. It is now greyed out while driving and gives a for your protection type message when I touch it. It has always worked in the past. If I'd have known about this particular update I would not have upgraded to 3.4 as I used that file regularly. No voice command has ever led me to that file.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
One thing that I've noticed that different from 3.3 is when using USB the "new search" function is disabled when driving. I have over 200 songs in a file I call "singles" that I can only get to by tapping "new search" in the upper right hand corner. It is now greyed out while driving and gives a for your protection type message when I touch it. It has always worked in the past. If I'd have known about this particular update I would not have upgraded to 3.4 as I used that file regularly. No voice command has ever led me to that file.
What kind of file is it?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Saw the thread bumped, was just able to D/L, ~1.2G, about 2-3 minutes tops.

OK, going in ... :D

Started the car, popped in the USB flashdrive, got the updating message, checked on it a few times, must've been 20 minutes or less, came out to the garage, car was shut down, all done.

UI looks much better: better typography, less graphic cruft (especially considering the display is only 8"), nice icon updates, just a better design that looks more like 2020. :)

I guess I should update my maps too ...

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Did the download and copied the files to an exFAT 8gb flash drive.
I edited the autoinstall.lst file to add the delay (Options = AutoInstall,Delay) to prevent the looping reboot but I don't think that is necessary any longer.
Inserted the USB drive and pushed the START button without turning on the engine. Sat in the garage. The update completed in 15 minutes.
Shut off the car, got out and closed the doors. Waited a few minutes. Got back in the car and pressed start to verify the update. All is good. Uploaded the XML file back to Ford.
Prior to the official Ford release I was using an older V3.4 from Cyanlabs for some time. Feels good to be on official legit software FINALLY!
Moving on to getting the 2019 maps...

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I bought my update USB from Ford, it only lets it be read one time. When I plugged in the USB map update again it was not recognized.

Starting a new thread to separate it from the navigation thread.
Thanks UoMEngineer for providing all help and updates on the subject and the Navigation thread issues.

*UPDATE IS LIVE - Sync3 3.4 for 2019 Mustangs that are currently running v3.2 or 3.3 or a prior version of 3.4 on the MY2020.

New Version: 3.4.43 (20136)

For Sync3 with Navigation:
Currently after install, the system will reboot.
If the USB is kept in, it will install the same files again. This is endless.
It will not stay on the 'Safe to remove USB" screen and I'm not sure if Ford will fix the script to add in the delay line.
Remove the USB when instructed and let the system reboot.
You should be on 3.4 after the reboot.
If you would to avoid multi-reboots, edit your Autoinstall.lst file in notepad and change the last line:
Options = AutoInstall
Options = AutoInstall,Delay

For Sync3 without Navigation; may require multiple reboots.
Waiting on someone to report back the contents of the Autoinstall.lst file.
The last option line in the file should also have the delay(like in Nav) in order for the install to stop on the last step.

Update does not fix the displayed map version to the installed version.
It's not a real-time/file check update. It will continue to display what is already there.
It will update the MAP version in Sync 3.4 when the map pack is installed.
If you have to do both, upgrade to Sync3.4 first, then install Map Update 1.19.
If you have Map 1.19 already installed, after you upgrade to Sync3.4 you can reinstall the MAP update to display the correct file.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Mine are coming down now, while I mostly use nav from Car Play, figured get the update while it's free and available.

Main file is ~11.5GB, how slow can you go ...
Doing the map install on 3.4 was a snap. There are 2 reboots. One at approximately 30 minutes, a second at approximately 60 minutes. Install finished up 30 minutes after that. So about 1 1/2 hours. Checked a local highway extension that was not on 1.18. It was on 1.19 so for me totally worth the time. Good luck.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I'm confused. Isn't the map updated with the Sync update? Or is the map update done separately?