Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It shouldn't take too long. Non-Nav, I believe, may have the single automatic restart halfway through as the Non-Nav voice pack is so large it usually has to go through the delete Gracenotes, install Voice, restart, install Apps, re-install Gracenotes, generate XML.
Can someone confirm with a Non-Nav? and paste the contents of the Autoinstall.lst file.
I'm guessing the contents of their 'autoinstall.lst' file would have 2 sections then correct instead of the one for Nav?

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.4.43 - Only for Nav/NA assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20136_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-VEB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-VBB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VBB.tar.gz
Item3 = 5U5T-14G381-ED
Open3 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-ED.tar.gz
Item4 = 5U5T-14G391-CL
Open4 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G391-CL.tar.gz
Item5 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open5 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall

Options could be changed to add delay on this file correct? I reinstalled with this option and verified the hold and not reboot. It created the XML etc after completion like it should.
Options = AutoInstall,Delay

If the non-nav has a reboot and is sectioned, the delay could be added to the last section if its missing like on the NAV one.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
The restart should come around that mark. remove the USB then. If you leave it, you will then see in another 15-20 minutes it will restart again.
Ok thanks. Trying to download the files again, I get an error saying there is a problem on Ford’s end.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Can someone confirm with a Non-Nav? and paste the contents of the Autoinstall.lst file.
I'm guessing the contents of their 'autoinstall.lst' file would have 2 sections then correct instead of the one for Nav?

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.4.43 - Only for Nav/NA assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.4.20136_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-VEB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VEB.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-VBB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-VBB.tar.gz
Item3 = 5U5T-14G381-ED
Open3 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G381-ED.tar.gz
Item4 = 5U5T-14G391-CL
Open4 = SyncMyRide\5U5T-14G391-CL.tar.gz
Item5 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open5 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall

Options could be changed to add delay on this file correct? I reinstalled with this option and verified the hold and not reboot. It created the XML etc after completion like it should.
Options = AutoInstall,Delay

If the non-nav has a reboot and is sectioned, the delay could be added to the last section if its missing like on the NAV one.
Nav doesn't restart. Non-Nav traditionally has. Nav installs all in one shot. This script in red would install everything, then automatically restart at the end. Delay, as you noted, just keeps it from automatically restarting when complete. Usually if there's a multi-step install, the final one has a Delay option added, like the map updates.

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Nav doesn't restart. Non-Nav traditionally has. Nav installs all in one shot. This script in red would install everything, then automatically restart at the end. Delay, as you noted, just keeps it from automatically restarting when complete. Usually if there's a multi-step install, the final one has a Delay option added, like the map updates.
Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks. Trying to download the files again, I get an error saying there is a problem on Ford’s end.
So my issue (now solved) may be Apple Mac specific. When I originally downloaded the 3.4 zip file, my Mac immediately unzipped the file. I ended up with 7 files and no folder named SyncMyRide. The 5 files that should have been in that folder each had SyncMyRide\ appended to the file names. When I tried the USB this morning, I immediately got the Error 05.

This afternoon I created the SyncMyRide folder and moved the 5 files into it. I then renamed the 5 files by removing the SyncMyRide\ from the file names.

That USB worked, and 3.4 got installed. I have the 1.19 maps, but 1.18 is still displayed.

So what cool things does 3.4 give us?

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Seems like it's just a new layout but I haven't spent much time with it yet.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Crap when I try to download it says there is something wrong on their end and to try again later argh! I have an update available but its not letting me have it SOB!

Oops! Something went wrong on our end. A message has been sent to our support team, please try again later.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Crap when I try to download it says there is something wrong on their end and to try again later argh! I have an update available but its not letting me have it SOB!

Oops! Something went wrong on our end. A message has been sent to our support team, please try again later.
I wonder if they have taken the update offline to eliminate the endless update loop that us in the current update? Hopefully they’ll get it back online soon.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
So what cool things does 3.4 give us?
If you have a digital gauge cluster, through Sync3’s apps page Waze now shows turn by turn directions in the gauge cluster, through CarPlay Apple Maps will do so, through Android Auto Google Maps will do so.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
If you have a digital gauge cluster, through Sync3’s apps page Waze now shows turn by turn directions in the gauge cluster, through CarPlay Apple Maps will do so, through Android Auto Google Maps will do so.
Thanks, good to know.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
i like the fact that now swipe between the sections of XM presets.. rather than tap the button and switch between them. but im a fan of the 3.3 color scheme in dark mode.. way too "blue" for me in this dark mode... i wonder if i can theme some colors, swap out some image files and reinstall. i like the layout.. just a recolor..

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Tried apple maps on my way home. Didn’t display in my digital cluster. Is there something specific I need to do?

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Tried apple maps on my way home. Didn’t display in my digital cluster. Is there something specific I need to do?
Only AA and Sync NAV shows on IPC

batt1.jpg
batt2.jpg

Last edited: