Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The install will keep looping. (reboot and autoinstall off the key if it is kept in)

It doesn't seem to have a stop with 'update successful'
Catch it when it says 'remove usb' and just remove it. It'll reboot into 3.4 and you'll be fine

Compared it to my old installer and it seems there is an options string in the installer file is missing.

Options = AutoInstall
vs
Options = AutoInstall,Delay

Last edited:

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
El, do you think it's possible to do an official upgrade over the unofficial Cyanlabs one. I would be really worried about any changes in code made by Cyanlabs. I would certainly check with them before doing anything.
Cyanlabs method will install official Ford packages /updates. Those are not modified. From what i understand, their method removes the "identifiers" the Ford (Sync) servers looks for to issue /validate a license for you and replaces those with generated files. Because of this, you would not be able to do an update in the "normal" way. But whenever an update is released, that will be available on cyanlabs too. And most likely a lot sooner so you could easily update there. Remember Syn3 v3.4 has been out for close to one year. I believe there have been 5 or 6 builds. We just now getting it for the first time!

Last edited:

Breee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Just downgraded with Cyan to 3.3. Attempting the official 3.4 update now. RIP my nav for now lol. Stand by!

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Mine updated. I pulled the USB after 6 restarts.
20200730_215124.jpg
20200730_215136.jpg

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
GL-0011 for gracenote?.. Haven't seen that b4. You in the US? Can you post your IVSU screen?!
I'm not sure what an IVSU screen is.

Breee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Ok. Downgraded with Cyan to 3.3. Factory upgrade to 3.4 with today's update a success (other than infinite reboots so I PULLED OUT after the third reboot :facepalm:) Now just need to re-install nav, but I don't really care since I use Android Auto when I want Nav.

q1V671z.jpg

iCKgBOy.jpg

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Press hold FF and CD Eject buttons -> End Test -> APIM Diagnostic -> IVSU version
I'm not sure that the Base Radio has a CD Eject button.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Ok. Downgraded with Cyan to 3.3. Factory upgrade to 3.4 with today's update a success (other than infinite reboots so I PULLED OUT after the third reboot :facepalm:) Now just need to re-install nav, but I don't really care since I use Android Auto when I want Nav.

q1V671z.jpg

iCKgBOy.jpg
:like:
Just curious why you didn't just upgrade to 20136 from CL Sync Downloader?

Breee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
:like:
Just curious why you didn't just upgrade to 20136 from CL Sync Downloader?
I've been on that version for a few weeks, but I wanted my car to be "official" with the XML upload to Ford that you send post-upgrade so they know I'm updated. I dunno... I have OCD :crazy:

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
alright, this is such a cluster fuck its not even funny..

if anyone remembers a week or so ago when we did the maps update, well i had some problems with that as well, it would try to install but get errors.. well i was sent a file to REMOVE maps completely, then i reinstalled maps from the 1.19 USB drive. i even talked with support, who said that they had verified the files (two separate times) that i had 1.19 installed even though sync said that i only had 1.18 installed.. we were all told "dont worry, its just a bug in 3.3, you really do have 1.19 maps, just ignore it.."

well fast forward a week or so and now and we get 3.4, i download it, head out to the car, the 30-35 minute install takes over 2 hours, my sync system reboots 15 or 16 separate times (i dont know, i honestly lost count). finally decide to pull the USB after it just seems like its in a boot loop. take the usb drive back inside and put it in the computer and the drive is filled up with nothing but error files. head to the "About Sync" screen, and check my versions..

WELL... WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!? STILL ON 1.18 MAPS. not to mention i dont even know if my 3.4 installed correctly because of all the errors on the USB drive now..

@UofMEngineer any ideas? this all seems a bit ridiculous

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
alright, this is such a cluster fuck its not even funny..

if anyone remembers a week or so ago when we did the maps update, well i had some problems with that as well, it would try to install but get errors.. well i was sent a file to REMOVE maps completely, then i reinstalled maps from the 1.19 USB drive. i even talked with support, who said that they had verified the files (two separate times) that i had 1.19 installed even though sync said that i only had 1.18 installed.. we were all told "dont worry, its just a bug in 3.3, you really do have 1.19 maps, just ignore it.."

well fast forward a week or so and now and we get 3.4, i download it, head out to the car, the 30-35 minute install takes over 2 hours, my sync system reboots 15 or 16 separate times (i dont know, i honestly lost count). finally decide to pull the USB after it just seems like its in a boot loop. take the usb drive back inside and put it in the computer and the drive is filled up with nothing but error files. head to the "About Sync" screen, and check my versions..

WELL... WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!? STILL ON 1.18 MAPS

@UofMEngineer any ideas? this all seems a bit ridiculous
I am still on 1.18 also at least that's what the screen says. This whole thing is really a bad process on how to update these things. No wonder it gets so screwed up.