Sponsored

Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
TT Hurricane sounds cool. They can keep the electric garbage.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
5,800 lbs. That is a porky beast.

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
5,838 lbs. 🤨
It has eclipsed the weight of the Model S Plaid, the Lucid Air, and probably the Ford Expedition.
I wonder what unfortunate tires get the job of making this bitch turn corners and stop.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Not gonna lie, I love that 2-door. But 5,800# is a little off-putting.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
5,800 lbs. That is a porky beast.
Did they start with the same E-Class chassis from 1989 they have been using ever since then in the Charger? I am sure the weight, just in steel, to beef up that chassis to make it work with batteries is what did it.

Looks wise, the problem with it is the sheet metal above the front wheel is too tall, which in turn makes the A pillar start way too high. I can see the classic Charger body line from the rear forward to just about the A pillar. Lower that spot, all of a sudden that hood bulge looks vulgar and awesome, as all Chargers should
1709663757477.png

It needs a few tweaks to look good. Mostly in that circle.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Did they start with the same E-Class chassis from 1989 they have been using ever since then in the Charger? I am sure the weight, just in steel, to beef up that chassis to make it work with batteries is what did it.

Looks wise, the problem with it is the sheet metal above the front wheel is too tall, which in turn makes the A pillar start way too high. I can see the classic Charger body line from the rear forward to just about the A pillar. Lower that spot, all of a sudden that hood bulge looks vulgar and awesome, as all Chargers should
1709663757477.png

It needs a few tweaks to look good. Mostly in that circle.
They still have to be able to fit an inline 6 cylinder in there for the non EV models. Your right, it would look way better if that hood and fender line were 5 inches lower.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
They still have to be able to fit an inline 6 cylinder in there for the non EV models. Your right, it would look way better if that hood and fender line were 5 inches lower.
Ahhh, yeah that is a good point. They need to go flat 6 then. LOL

Sponsored

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
The battery range is kinda low imo

316 miles on the 496 hp R/T
260 miles on the 670 hp scat

11.5 Quarter on the Scat with a 3.3 0-60. Guessing the top end is crap.

I'm guessing the 670 hp model performs about as well as the top model 3. Slightly slower on take off, slightly faster on top end. Overall same quarter mile

If the range was longer, I would say it would make a great long range vehicle. The 16 in console screen in the scat pack is nice. The overall interior is nice too. If not for the range, it would probably be a great road trip car.

Comparing it to the s650 Darkhorse
-Better quarter mile, probably slower around a track
-Faster on street at low speeds. Slower on the highway, barely.
-Better looking interior.

Seems more muscle and less sport.

The weight kills the performance though. Damn near 700 hp from electric AWD and a mid 11 second quarter mile is sorry.

The powerboost feature is nice gimmick.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Not sure about the front end overall, double round headlights on challenger were sexy af, new front end on this charger looks a bit bland with just led stripe. I'm sure it will look better in metal and they will be tweaking the style over time. Don't really care about the weight, it is not a sports car and I wouldn't plan to take it to a track, like I wouldn't by a hellcat and expect it to have great fuel economy. It will turn fine on the street for a land yacht.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Not a big fan of the looks or weight here, but I am a big fan of the new TT powertrain. I would like to see a new Jeep GC Trackhawk with the full fat Hurricane.
Sponsored