Sponsored

Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I said they just don't sound the best. They don't all sound bad...but a lot of the ones I hear sound like, usually the typical no cats plus a loud catback and Borlas or Corsas or "muffler deletes".

They just sound like noise. And the cold starts are so annoying. But people jerk off over them so who knows.

Even still it's not 350Z or V6 Charger/Mustang/Camaro bad though. Those guys are retarded with their aftermarket exhausts.
Agree with you there, some setups do sound awful. Straight piped catless coyotes are just ear bleeders IMO.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I would say you're in the minority if you think a turbo inline 6 sounds bad

nothing like the dogshit sounds that come out of a V6

also we have coyotes they aren't the best sounding engines. The Dodge and Chevy guys are ahead in that department.
give me some of whatever your smoking. Mustangs have always been best sounding.

Sound department
V8(coyote) > v8(challenger-Camaro) > i6 > v6

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
give me some of whatever your smoking. Mustangs have always been best sounding.

Sound department
V8(coyote) > v8(challenger-Camaro) > i6 > v6
Would have agreed with you in in the 4.6/5.4 days...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You don't have to rate everything about a car a 10 to own one.

It lives in the shadow of the old 4.6/5.4 as far as sound goes. Good thing it performs a level above.
Nah. I don't see this as some objective truth. Coyotes can sound awesome with the right exhausts. Just because the 4.6/5.4 is generally better doesn't make it bad. I personally love the chaos of the flathead firing order.

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
IMG_4653.jpeg

DONUT MODE?!??!! Because we need more dodges doing takeovers?

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The best engine sounds I recall were the LS6 427 and Dodge 426. You didn't even have to rev them up. Just listening to the idle was enough. Modern engines all sound like a paint can filled with thumb tacks.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
The best engine sounds I recall were the LS6 427 and Dodge 426. You didn't even have to rev them up. Just listening to the idle was enough. Modern engines all sound like a paint can filled with thumb tacks.
I agree but not sure if the modern day police would like 69 mustang big block with headers and header mufflers ( cherry bombs ) that I honestly don't think did anything.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
SCAT with mid-valves pinned open. Or LT1 motor with valves open. Both sound quite good. The Mach1 in any of it's open modes is no slouch.

The Tremec in all 3 are what really make these cars worth buying. I would not own a non-mustang model if it came with the Getrag.

CVN 80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Looks like a '68 that got promoted at work and couldn't make it to the gym anymore.

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I really wonder how the EV version is going to sell, I certainly like how Mopar(no car) is doing their EV with it still being the same car but electric. Especially compared to Ford with the Mach E which is a smudge on the Mustang nameplate. Speaking of the Mach E, which along with the F150 Lighting have had sales crater as of late. I think the EV market is kinda saturated. The people who are gonna buy a EV already have so to speak. Seems like a lot of manufactures are pulling back on the EV push.

Also, gotta see the inside of these new cars. I don't get why every EV tries to be everything but a usable car. If it's wall to wall screens with the HVAC in the touch screen (ICE cars are guilt of this, look at the new Mustangs) then it's gonna suck big time.
Sponsored