Not open for further replies.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
My Mustang got hit the lady merged into my lane. Got the report and it says my fault. I had a dash cam and gave the SD card to the officer. Brings up some questions.
1. On the report would it say the officer viewed the video?
2. What are the chances of getting my SD card back?
Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
lawyer... find a good one.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
NEVER give it to them. Tell em you're gonna give it to your insurance company and they can request a copy from them.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Never talk to the police and never give them anything without a court order. Too late for all that now.

Let the insurance company handle it now. Let them know and they will contact police for the video.

Sponsored

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
My Mustang got hit the lady merged into my lane. Got the report and it says my fault. I had a dash cam and gave the SD card to the officer. Brings up some questions.
1. On the report would it say the officer viewed the video?
Damn... I would make a copy and give it to the police. You are screwed :/

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
That SD card would be considered evidence, which they still have. You can file an open records request to retrieve it.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Have you spoken to the investigating officer? Have you contacted their direct supervisor?

advising people to not speak with an officer investigating a crash is reckless advice, unless you have something serious to hide.

However most competent crash investigations can be determined without any cooperation.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Have you spoken to the investigating officer? Have you contacted their direct supervisor?

advising people to not speak with an officer investigating a crash is reckless advice, unless you have something serious to hide.

However most competent crash investigations can be determined without any cooperation.
Bullshit. The police are never there to help anyone. Talking to them is dangerous...and that is a fact. They are in the arresting people business and brother, business is a boomin!

What you are talking about is a Constitutional right (5A) the exercise thereof can never be held against someone.

Tell all police to pound sand. After an accident, clear your thoughts, calm down, document, and then make any needed statements.

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
sounds like you have a major chip on your shoulder…and making statements that general speak volumes. Invoking the 5th on a fender bender. Wow. Just wow. All you would be doing is allowing the other party to control the narrative. Insurance companies rely HEAVILY on what the police write on those crash forms fyi…I can see the judge now as the officer testifies he/she could not investigate the crash because you pled the 5th. I can hear the snickers now.

Now…if you shoot someone then yes plead the 5th. If you rape someone, sure plead the 5th. If you rob someone, sure. If you fender bend someone. Come on Man…

Last edited:

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Wow. More wise? I’d say more-on….. Did either of you get a ticket?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I've had multiple encounters where police lied.

Some cops are great. Others, not so much. There are way too many to be called an exception that care about other things aside from honesty and accuracy to trust any of them.

I agree, if you're in an accident, it's a roll of the dice to discuss it with an officer and even moreso to hand over exculpatory evidence to them.

I once got stopped (in the passenger seat) by 7 units and a helicopter (my soon to be GF driving) because I ran into an apartment complex (through the pedestrian gate on the sidewalk) and ran back out (on the sidewalk through the pedestrian gate). I had ran in/out to give my buddies keys to him (he had left his truck keys with me and gotten a taxi home).

The cops initially claimed they saw me "break into" the apartment complex. After explaining what really happened, they couldn't just say "our bad, please have a good day." They kept digging and digging to try to save face. Then they put my GF through a field sobriety test (in the cold) and the cop's also tried to claim I was drunk (but gave up after I refused the field sobriety test and requested a breathalyzer). They all just drove off, no apologies, nothing. It was truly bizarre. But if I hadn't stood my ground, they were bound and determined to arrest me/us for something, ANYTHING because they didn't want to look foolish. And it's not like it was just one cop, there were enough of them there that if any of them had a shred of integrity they could have stopped it, hell, if any of them just said "this is a friggin waste of everyone's time" they could have stopped it all. Instead, almost an hour of our time, their time, wasted all because they couldn't just say "our bad" and move on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.