Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
So, what happened? Did you make it to the church convention?
Sponsored

nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium PP
OP - sorry to hear about your accident. I sometimes drive through your town on my way to Lake Charles on work assignment and I remember it being pretty hectic and very treacherous in the rain. Best wishes you get a new Stang pronto and without harassment from the insurance company. Glad you're OK at least!

I have to say - I've seen enough wrecked S550s here to spook me a little. I'm going from an AWD 130hp Subaru to a RWD 435hp GT PP, and it's January. It's Houston January, so I got that going for me, but I still don't like the idea of "skating around" on summer-only tires as the temps hang around 50F every day.

Does anybody know if driving about in wet/snow mode would cause any issues, even if it's just dry and cold? I believe it just alters the throttle mapping and traction control, so there shouldn't be any mechanical woes...someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I have to say - I've seen enough wrecked S550s here to spook me a little. I'm going from an AWD 130hp Subaru to a RWD 435hp GT PP, and it's January.
Well said! I just got out of a 2014 Subie XV Crosstrek with AWD and a wimpy 168 HP mill. The Eco-Boost powerplant is said to deliver nearly double that. I reckon there'll be some drivers ed in my future. At least until I'm familiar with how the Mustang handles in the slop.

nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium PP
Well said! I just got out of a 2014 Subie XV Crosstrek with AWD and a wimpy 168 HP mill. The Eco-Boost powerplant is said to deliver nearly double that. I reckon there'll be some drivers ed in my future. At least until I'm familiar with how the Mustang handles in the slop.

I just got out of a 2013 Crosstrek, small world! Polar opposite to the Mustang in so many ways...

Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I don't get the logic of offering only summer tires on the performance pkg when the car could be bought by people living in places where they shouldn't use them. THey should make it a stand alone option. Performance Pkg w/all season tires, check the option box for summer-only. That way you get it only if it'll work with your driving. Now its almost like they're forcing you to buy a new set of tires.

I live in the deep south - MS - which, although its different than say Maryland, we do get quite cold temps and occasional flurries/ice. Its going down to 30 tonight. I wouldn't feel safe driving the PP as a daily driver in this.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I just got out of a 2013 Crosstrek, small world! Polar opposite to the Mustang in so many ways...
Man you guys and me are all thinking alike. Posts like this have me freaked out.

evildronepilot

Freakobooster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Race Red
Man you guys and me are all thinking alike. Posts like this have me freaked out.
Yeah, I've already had some "issues" with my right foot in the rain (and I'm in Seattle). I'm quickly taming it here, but these posts have convinced me to spend some money on winter tires.

Sponsored

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
Putting things in perspective, you're alive and well. Sad no doubt, but sadness passes. This experience will undoubtedly leave a lasting impression on you. Is it too early to consider a replacement vehicle? Is it economically feasible? Would you opt for the exact same car and options? I'm curious as I wonder what I would do in similar circumstances.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
here's the Tire Rack survey, Michelin Pilot Super Sport, # 1 , Pirellis, bottom of list.
Nice chart. Any chance you could post the one with the Pirelli All Season Zero Neros?

Yeah, I've already had some "issues" with my right foot in the rain (and I'm in Seattle). I'm quickly taming it here, but these posts have convinced me to spend some money on winter tires.
Yah makes me just have this itch that maybe I should be considering the EB vs the GT. GT is a big batch of HP...but then again, it's really about the driver. The power is there and there is responsibility with it just like with anything.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
The Rain/Snow mode (if you have a Premium) is a huge help with right foot issues. You can still get to the power, but you have to really mean it, not just twitch your ankle. I have used it in both wet and icy conditions and I really like it.
Sponsored