Sponsored

Accident repair journey

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I would try to find a takeoff stock hood and bumper cover that is already the correct paint color.
Lotsa luck there.....
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
They have it broken down. Waiting on parts.

It did get the front collision sensor. I have not seen a price tag on the sensor, they are doing a supplement adjustment with insurance.

Shops says it is in the 1600 range.

These cars are expensive to repair. I would have guessed this was 3-4K in damage but it will end up being over 8K.
IMG_0829.JPG
The sensor is around $400. And I would not argue about a repair on the hood vs. new. I don’t know what they are doing.

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
The sensor is around $400. And I would not argue about a repair on the hood vs. new. I don’t know what they are doing.
Sensor ended up being $1,057.91plus the $281.25 calibration fee by a third party.

I wanted to save save the hood, but it was not savable. It had a really bad ripple that I did not originally notice towards the cowl. Aluminum does some weird stuff compared to metal.
8CBBCE38-4C92-4148-B70C-3CC6961C8136.jpeg

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Each kid is different. I have the car locked down with mykey and other tracking devices installed in the car.

I never worry about him for a sec, even if he is 16. He is a pilot logging his cross country solo hours, I worry about that a ton.
Sorry to hear about the crunched car, as shame the other driver tried to pass it off onto your son. And yep, for a young man like your son, a Mustang is a piece of cake. I found out on my first intro flight I could've used four eyes and a couple more hands, and needed to be able to do math, talk in a foreign language (well, it sounds like one, lol) on the radio, read hieroglyphics (charts) and work on a computer all at the same time.
. Even taxiing a C-172 or PA-28 has more going on than driving a
car. However, once at cruising speed and altitude, it's heaven. Best of luck to him on getting his PPL, and wherever that takes him. And here's hoping the car repair goes as well as possible.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Google diminished value. There is a formula (I think it's called Georgia or Atlanta from a court case in that state) but it's not really fair to you. The other ins company will usually try to plug numbers into that formula but that's because it double dips you on milage. Too much to describe here, but do it. It may mean $$$$$$ in your pocket that you'd probably lose at trade-in time.

Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
He gave us a slip with the report number and said it would be on the report and it would be available tomorrow.
As an insurance agent I learned that it is best to get the insurance card of the other involved party at the scene of the accident and call the number on their card at the scene to confirm the other party indeed has insurance.

In FL and I'm not sure how many other states, a card doesn't necessarily equal insured.

It can mean they got a insurance with a card for proof one day (to get the car legally registered), but cancelled the policy, or didn't pay required premiums thereafter, voiding coverage. But yet they still have the card presenting they have insurance.

Once you find a person does not have insurance as presented, you'll want to involve the LEO in that conversation for sure.

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
My son wrecked his 2020 Mustang back in July. Fell asleep at the wheel. Nobody hurt, which is great, about $13,000 in damages. Looks and runs fine now. In GA we got DV of just over $2K.

I have him on MyKey too.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Your Mustang will not be repaired for a while. Why? My Mustang has been waiting on a front bumper since September. Bet the container ship is sitting on Pacific Ocean waiting to get into Los Angeles Port.

Im_stil_WVMIKE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
So..I heard from Farmers. Their client is staying my son ran a stop sign and hit her.

Here is a copy and paste from the police report, which Farmers had not seen yet.

My son was driver 2 and vehicle 2

Vehicle #1 was traveling north on Downs Blvd, turning left onto Willow Springs Blvd when it struck vehicle #2, which was stopped to turn right onto Downs Blvd from Willow Springs Blvd.

Driver #1 stated she was turning left onto Willow Springs Blvd when she skidded due to wet road conditions and struck vehicle #2.

Driver #2 stated he was turning right onto Downs Blvd when the other car struck his vehicle.

Witness #1 stated he was behind vehicle #2 on Willow Springs. He said vehicle #2 stopped at the stop sign to make the right turn, vehicle #1 cut the corner to turn left and struck vehicle #2.

Witness #2 stated she was southbound on Downs Blvd approaching Willow Springs Blvd when she saw vehicle #1 start to turn left and skidded into vehicle #2.

What's wrong with people?
This is why everyone needs a dashcam.
Sponsored