swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Your insurance company should be taking care of everything. Have you talked to them?
Sponsored

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
Farmers called back and they are accepting responsibility.

I have spoken to my insurance and they suggest I work with Farmers as long as I am getting adequate responses.

Now I have to decide where to take it.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Not sure about Florida law, but here in Kansas, if a minor is hurt in an accident, you have until they turn 18 to claim any injuries.

My wife was t-boned and rolled over. (Some kid called my cell and asked if I owned a black blazer. When I said yes, he said "your wife's been in an accident" I asked if she was okay and he said "The kids are fine but they're working in her" I said what does that mean, " I don't know, but there's lots of blood". Not the best way to describe an accident scene over the phone. She was called in as an amputee, but other rhan some minor scarring, they're all okay). Our insurance company, Farm Bureau, after the boys were cleared medically with no injuries (for those of you with younger kids, keep them in a car seat / booster seat of some kind as long as possible. It's a PITA and they may not like it, bit it will SAVE THEIR LIFE!) told us to keep up with regular doctors appointments of the kidd. If any issues show up, even years later, because they were minors, a claim could still be made. Pretty sure once they turned 18, we signed off on something as well, but can't swear to it.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
You can have it repaired anywhere you choose. Her insurance might try to steer you to a place of their choosing, but remember, they are looking to save themselves money on the claim. Find a reputable shop, get an estimate from them, and let her insurance adjuster come tou your shop. Don’t let them have you go to their shop
I agree. And if you need some info on a good body shop, just call your local Mustang Club. Club members are always happy to help. And, I'm so happy to hear you son wasn't injured.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Most importantly no one was injured.

My son was on the way home from school today and while at a complete stop, a car lost control and skidded into him. There is some damage to the hood and fender but the airbag did not deploy. The other driver would not release her info or insurance information to me, but did to the police. We have 2 strangers that witnessed and were nice enough to wait for me and the police to arrive. I believe it was over heard that she has Farmers insurance.

We are all sick about it but the important thing is no one was hurt. I have not had a car in my household damaged since 1996. My son has only been driving about 5 months and the car has 1900 miles. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I will have to wait for the police report tomorrow and then start the process. I have no experience with local body shops and I was thinking about taking it to the local ford dealer. Although, I guess some of that will depend on the insurance of the at fault party.

Any advice?
Thanks
IMG_0725.jpg
With the understanding that this may have not been his fault, Speaking from experience, letting someone who has been driving for 5 months and still in school drive a 5.0 Mustang is a very, very bad idea. Ask me how I know.

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
With the understanding that this may have not been his fault, Speaking from experience, letting someone who has been driving for 5 months and still in school drive a 5.0 Mustang is a very, very bad idea. Ask me how I know.
Each kid is different. I have the car locked down with mykey and other tracking devices installed in the car.

I never worry about him for a sec, even if he is 16. He is a pilot logging his cross country solo hours, I worry about that a ton.

Last edited:
OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
Farmers is saying they do acknowledge diminished value, but that is a conversation we have after the repair is complete. Does that sound correct?

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure how Farmers works but make sure you get brand new OEM replacement pieces and they don't just repair the current pieces no matter how minor the damage is. That should help with any diminished value a little bit.

Sponsored

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
Pretty obvious that the damage being only on the left front corner doesn't support the liars claim that your son ran the stop sign. Normally the insurance companies come to some agreement on what percent each of the parties were at fault. The fact that Farmers took full responsibility is clear evidence that the other driver lied. There should be additional penalty for that but unfortunately she'll skate. I would ask your insurance company/agent directly if your premium will be affected. There is NO reason that your rate should increase but the insurance industry is so convoluted that I would ask the question just to make sure there are no surprises on your next renewal bill.

OP
OP
65 Cobra

65 Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 X5M
Farmers initial estimate is $6,240. Will do a supplemental once torn down.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Be sure to place a diminished value claim in. I was t-boned , causing nearly $14,000 in damages to my 2013 Hyundai sonata. Not only did the insurance reimburse me for my $500 deductible, I was provided an additional $6800 in diminished value. I used this additional money to purchase my supercharger for the stang.!

My wife's 2016 Hyundai Tuscon was hit in front of our house by a plumber pulling into my neighbor's driveway and cut the corner too short. I submitted a diminished value claim and was awarded $2,200 in addition to them paying for the repairs, which were over $4,000.

Both of our cars were being financed at the time, and were the first accidents each car had.

I'm not sure how the laws for diminished value claims differ state to state. I'm in PA.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Each kid is different. I have the car locked down with mykey and other tracking devices installed in the car.

I never worry about him for a sec, even if he is 16. He is a pilot logging his cross country solo hours, I worry about that a ton.
Just as long as you realize that most 16 yr olds aren't like that. :shock:

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree. People suck

I was hit last month from behind. I got out of the car and the guy got out of his car all apologetic. I grabbed my cell phone and called the police. The guy said “we don’t have to do this”
I said “yes we do you hit my car” and as I was in phone explaining my location not paying attention to the guy.... he got in his car and took off

People really Suck today.
The second you get hit start rolling video or taking pictures. Especially of license plates and the other driver. If they complain tell them tough sh#t.

Then take pictures of the scene, especially before the cars are moved.

Then see if anyone is hurt. Ok, kidding about this last part.

While many people are good the bad ones make it worse for the rest of us.
Sponsored