2019 PP1 GT Kona

1stBluesCup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP, '07 Miata MX-5, 2006 Tundra SR5
Sto n Sho is the way to go. Got it on my front. When crossing low curb n gutter driveway approaches, the edge of the plate will scrape first before the spoiler. You have to go slow but you can hear it scrape. They're like $80us but worth it.

Sponsored

DolomiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertable
I never cared for the look of the Sto n Sho brackets. The plate hangs too low and looks out of place. I bought this no drill mount from a seller on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-2019-...-/173427101238?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

The only complaints I have is it's not easily removable and I had to stack some stainless steel washers behind the mounting bracket to angle my plate cover edges away from touching the front bumper. About 1/8" worth.

All in all I like the placement, and neither the plate or bracket touches the paint.

IMG_20200330_160711.jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't like that it hinders cooling, covering a good part of the lower radiator grille... but I'd definitely get that one over the under-the-bumper one :). The ideal solution for me is something that I saw a while back, and should have asked the owner where he got it. It was a sticker of his plate but in Euro fashion, meaning elongated like the Euro plates. You just stick it to the bumper, and actually looked great. You can get it done in any color combo, and it actually looked great. It could be removed in minutes, if you want, since it's a decal. It doesn't block anything, cops can't zap you miles away with radar, no drilling, and nothing sticking ahead of the bumper that could damage it if somebody 'bumps' the bracket. Will try to google it again, and see if something pops up. Somebody must make those decals.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I have the STO and SHO. The Dealership would not drill into my front bumper, they put my license in my trunk instead. Never been hassled even without front plate on though.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I never cared for the look of the Sto n Sho brackets. The plate hangs too low and looks out of place. I bought this no drill mount from a seller on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-2019-...-/173427101238?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

The only complaints I have is it's not easily removable and I had to stack some stainless steel washers behind the mounting bracket to angle my plate cover edges away from touching the front bumper. About 1/8" worth.

All in all I like the placement, and neither the plate or bracket touches the paint.

IMG_20200330_160711.jpg
This is a very interesting alternative to the other available brackets for someone who doesn’t plan on removing it on a regular basis. Question thought. I’d be concerned with the direct contact with the grill. Is there any protection against rubbing/scratching?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The reason for the placement of the Sto N Sho is to prevent the license plate from blocking air into the radiator(s) and maximize cooling. I too have the Sto N Sho and love it.

It only hangs down about 1/2" below my PP2 splitter and acts like an old school curb feeler on the front of the car. I would even pay more if they made more noise when contacting something. Really has saved my splitter. Not a scratch on the splitter.

As for looks, I can easily remove it with no tools and toss it in the trunk for that clean look.

Sponsored

DolomiteGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertable
This is a very interesting alternative to the other available brackets for someone who doesn’t plan on removing it on a regular basis. Question thought. I’d be concerned with the direct contact with the grill. Is there any protection against rubbing/scratching?
The brackets mount to a contoured base that matches the bend on the lower grill. The base is made from a smooth plastic. Once secured it doesn't move, so there should be little concern for scratching. I suppose if you were to get one and wanted an added measure of protection, you could put a strip of foam weather seal on the backside of the plastic mating surface.

As for the airflow concerns, I have not noticed any higher temps running the bracket in that location. Granted if I ever had the need for more airflow, like installing a cooler, I would remove the bracket or swap to a GT350/500 bumper and take my chances without running a front plate.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The brackets mount to a contoured base that matches the bend on the lower grill. The base is made from a smooth plastic. Once secured it doesn't move, so there should be little concern for scratching. I suppose if you were to get one and wanted an added measure of protection, you could put a strip of foam weather seal on the backside of the plastic mating surface.

As for the airflow concerns, I have not noticed any higher temps running the bracket in that location. Granted if I ever had the need for more airflow, like installing a cooler, I would remove the bracket or swap to a GT350/500 bumper and take my chances without running a front plate.
Got it, thank you. Just remember the Craig's bracket mounts under the main portion of the front bumper and doesn't impact the grill at all. It is also easily removable with a thumbscrew.

My old 15'EB

IMG_3318.JPG

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
A question about the Craig's mount. I have one but haven't installed it yet. Does the back of the plate holder have to touch the bumper? Or does it standoff from the bumper while still securely attached by the thumbscrew? It looks like the back side of the bracket has a couple of rubber nubs, but I'd prefer it didn't fret against the bumper.

moses19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moses
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
A question about the Craig's mount. I have one but haven't installed it yet. Does the back of the plate holder have to touch the bumper? Or does it standoff from the bumper while still securely attached by the thumbscrew? It looks like the back side of the bracket has a couple of rubber nubs, but I'd prefer it didn't fret against the bumper.
Hey I have a Craig's mount and if I remember correctly his directions included in the packaging specifically says the rubber nub should touch the bumper to be the most stable. However, you can tighten the thumbscrew and position the plate so it does not touch the bumper.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hey I have a Craig's mount and if I remember correctly his directions included in the packaging specifically says the rubber nub should touch the bumper to be the most stable. However, you can tighten the thumbscrew and position the plate so it does not touch the bumper.
+1. Mine did not touch when the car was stopped but I’m sure it probably touched at 100 MPH. :wink: Nothing to worry about, it never made a mark.
Sponsored