Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I agree. I also remember thinking every time I saw a 2010 GT “that person can’t really be into Mustangs knowing the 5.0 is coming the next model year” lol... 13-14 were bad to the bone.
I very much enjoyed my 2010 Mustang GT and would buy one again in a heartbeat. The powertrain was solid, the 3-valve sounded good (to me), and I definitely knew the 5.0L was heavily rumored. My only regret was not keeping it, but I did get a 2015 so that helped :)
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I very much enjoyed my 2010 Mustang GT and would buy one again in a heartbeat. The powertrain was solid, the 3-valve sounded good (to me), and I definitely knew the 5.0L was heavily rumored. My only regret was not keeping it, but I did get a 2015 so that helped :)
I’m sure - they were good cars, just that weird step-year between a big powertrain change. If I remember correctly you could also get a performance/“track package” 2010 GT.

3v’s do sound good. I remember being completely stoked when they first came out watching them dip into the high 12’s at the track with just a few bolt-ons. Made my 2V look slow at the time. Haha.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
The proportions are there. with a little refinement I think it would look great and a viable production concept.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not quite.......Moray Callum is Vice President, Design for Ford Motor Company......his older brother Ian, was head of design at Aston Martin, and then Jaguar :)
so now we know the reasons behind the weekly family BBQ.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I like this image, but it's very, very tame compared to the images in the first post (below). I'd like to see the hood lower and the haunches higher like the image shown below. Maybe it would be difficult to see out of the rear window, but a rear view camera linked to a screen at the top of the windshield could take care of that.

The front fascia is a bit overdone, as are the side exhausts but, overall, I like that. The side window treatment is reminiscent of the '71-'73 Sportsroof :like:
S650 Render 10.jpg

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it would be difficult to see out of the rear window, but a rear view camera linked to a screen at the top of the windshield could take care of that.
so let's just copy the Camaro? The Camaro has a screen built into the rear-view which shows the camera feed. You can hit a toggle and it becomes a standard mirror instead.

I agree the first pic is a cartoon. If you want to do something that screwball, have the decency to copy the Viper.

What would be so wrong about bringing back the late 60's body shape? Not everything needs to be a freakin' jelly bean.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah, the red one is too short and too tall......a bit......dumpy, I guess. The grey one is long n low.........as a Mustang should be.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
so let's just copy the Camaro? The Camaro has a screen built into the rear-view which shows the camera feed. You can hit a toggle and it becomes a standard mirror instead.

I agree the first pic is a cartoon. If you want to do something that screwball, have the decency to copy the Viper.

What would be so wrong about bringing back the late 60's body shape? Not everything needs to be a freakin' jelly bean.
I wouldn't want a copy of the Camaro, but I wouldn't be opposed to having Ford copy a few features. I think the PDR and HUD would be nice optional equipment for the Mustang, for example. The thing I really wouldn't want from the Camaro is the roof that comes down too far in the front and the doors that are too high on the sides. I like to have good visibility in the front 3/4 all around the car. I could live with a view being a little obstructed to the rear if the car looks amazing. And I think a shape like the gray car has could be stellar.

I wouldn't mind a late 60s body shape at all.

Yeah, the red one is too short and too tall......a bit......dumpy, I guess. The grey one is long n low.........as a Mustang should be.
:like: Yes maybe the gray car is over exaggerated, but I really like the basic ideas with the high haunches and low hood. Dumpy is a great description of the red one. It's a handsome car, but handsome in a way that is a little more grown up than I would prefer.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Whatever S650 ends up looking like, I strongly suspect the initial reaction from many will be "yuk.....that's not a Mustang!" It happens with every new generation and every facelift :like:
Nah.. when the 15's came out, I seen the Mustang heritage in it's lines right away. But that's just me.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Last edited:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
As long Ford does a better job with quality control I’d be happy.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think both designs look awesome! Either is a win for me.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
As long Ford does a better job with quality control I’d be happy.
My highest priority is a powerful V8 gas engine. Manual transmission is also very important. Those two are potential deal breakers. Hybrid and auto stop start could also be deal breakers. I'd say that styling, weight of the car, interior room, and ergonomics are very important. Handling and acceleration performance mean a lot to me. The pricing is higher than I would prefer and borderline too high possibly preventing me from buying new unless the car is really amazing. Better QC is quite a bit down the list for me. Frankly I'm fine with the current QC.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.