Things you'd like to see added to this gen or in the next gen Mustang

WaltA

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
A rear spoiler as a N/C option on the convertible with the GT Performance Package.

Advertisement

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
They definitely need to redesign the interior a bit so one has more headroom on the inside. Look at how low a Porsche 911 sits and how small it looks but yet when you sit inside it you realize how roomy it is and how much headroom you have. Last but not least realize how great visibility is. If somehow they could lower the dashboard he got as well would be great.
It's tough to get Porsche 911-like forward visibility when you've got tall engines to have to look over. Tougher yet under today's philosophy of having to protect the pedestrian you just hit from adding head trauma to his list of injuries.

Well, I suppose you could make the car 60 inches to the roof line and look more like a Mach E . . .

Norm

pyrophilus

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Shadow Black Premium 401a, PP1, Active Exhaust
Everybody has been wanting a HUD since 2015. Does everyone really have that much trouble knowing how fast they are going by engine sound or by just looking down at the speedometer? I am asking this as a serious question not trolling. We seemed to have made it fine for 114 years in Ford cars without them.
I used to also think HUDs were pointless. I took my GT in for service and they gave me a 2020 Escape platinum Hybrid that had a HUD. I noticed after 1 week of driving, I actually stopped looking at the dash, and my eyes never left the view from the hood-forward.

I used to think that the angle between looking ahead to the road and looking at hud vs looking at the dash wouldn't matter so much, but in my second week of driving that car, it got to the point where my mind was subconsciously switching from putting the HUD in my peripheral vision and view to the road ahead, and when I had to look at an info, I'd just look at the HUD for the info, and while it only takes a second, my peripheral vision was still looking forward.

When I got back in my GT, even with its 12" display, i wished that i had a HUD.

Do I wish I had it? If it came with my car, I'd be happy with it, but after a week back in my mustang, I am now used to not having HUD again. But I do acknowledge that it definitely Italy does cut down on your vision completely leaving the view ahead, even if is only for 0.5 sec at a time.

gismo4

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
They definitely need to redesign the interior a bit so one has more headroom on the inside. Look at how low a Porsche 911 sits and how small it looks but yet when you sit inside it you realize how roomy it is and how much headroom you have. Last but not least realize how great visibility is. If somehow they could lower the dashboard he got as well would be great.
100% agree about headroom.

I think most of us are satisfied with the amount of headroom we have and visibility is not bad at all. That said, more would be good too. But do not expect anything until 2028 at this point. The 7th gen. (S650) is going to be built on the same architecture as the current car.
Most will be satisfied. I wasn't and others aren't. However, this car is the best bang for your buck imo. I bought it with the intention of increasing the head room with an aftermarket seat. The seat has been the best investment ever to be able to have a sporty car and to sit comfortably. Having this seating position stock would be nice though.

Things I'd like on the new mustang are cameras. A 360 camera view option like tesla has would be nice. Automatic foldable mirrors. Dimming side mirrors. A comfort mode for magneride. Liftback. Bring back the optional glass roof or bring a targa top.

Last edited:

WaltA

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never understood why the vert PP1 does not come with a spoiler.
Neither do I. :angry:

They don't credit you for either the deleting of the stock spoiler, nor for the missing pedestal spoiler from the package. Plus, they make a convertible compatible pedestal spoiler for the CS package, so they have one in stock already.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Bring back the optional glass roof or bring a targa top.
I would love to see some additional roof options added.

Other things on my list include:
  • Additional leather color options(A nice natural brown color like BMW's Tartufo would be nice)
  • HUD(for those asking, it's not just about a speedometer, modern ones give nav directions)
  • Widescreen infotainment(secretly praying they don't give us the vertical oriented screen from Explorer/Mach-E)

WaltA

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would love to see some additional roof options added.

Other things on my list include:
  • Additional leather color options(A nice natural brown color like BMW's Tartufo would be nice)
  • HUD(for those asking, it's not just about a speedometer, modern ones give nav directions)
  • Widescreen infotainment(secretly praying they don't give us the vertical oriented screen from Explorer/Mach-E)
I agree.

The Premium leather needs more color options. Given it is the Premium level, it should have at least the color range as offered for the base leather. A saddle color would be nice.

I don't like the large vertical, portrait, screens either. Another vehicle I own, has a large horizontal, landscape, screen. Much nicer. Plus I can optionally split the screen and display NAV and Music simultaneously.

jrsimon27

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
yup, carbon fiber roof, trunk, door panels and hood. Just bring $MONEY$.

They could use more aluminum not just the hood as in current models they should use it on roof and trunk also suspension parts should be aluminun doors ect..
Smaller engines with force induction should do it also.

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
They could use more aluminum not just the hood as in current models they should use it on roof and trunk also suspension parts should be aluminun doors ect..
Smaller engines with force induction should do it also.
More aluminum yes, smaller FI motor no. Ecoboost 3.5 is actually a few pounds heavier than the Coyote.

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 1

Advertisement