Sponsored

Things you'd like to see added to this gen or in the next gen Mustang

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How does the ACC handle downshifting and upshifting, as your speed varies between 0mph and 100mph ?
by assuming you're not a twat who isn't paying attention and doesn't notice the RPMS going below 1500 and you needing to use the clutch pedal and/or shift lever.

Adaptive is for doing 60mph and coming up on 45mph traffic and not ramming them from behind. Otherwise kindly just stay the F home. Drive the GD car!
Sponsored

Meanbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium, 1978 f150 ranger
Vehicle Showcase
bring the shaker intake back protruding from the hood.
get rid of the pocket in front of the shifter or make it more useful
wireless phone charger
upgradable infotainment software that one does not have to purchase new parts when new technology appears
make it so both catalytic converters unbolt
hood struts

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
by assuming you're not a twat who isn't paying attention and doesn't notice the RPMS going below 1500 and you needing to use the clutch pedal and/or shift lever.

Adaptive is for doing 60mph and coming up on 45mph traffic and not ramming them from behind. Otherwise kindly just stay the F home. Drive the GD car!
Adaptive is more than that. Especially when one adds in lane keeping/centering, plus the other features of Co-Pilot 360.

Back to my original question, worded a bit differently, why have all this new automation stuff, and a manual transmission? Aren't they contradictory?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I see on the website, one can order Adaptive Cruise Control, on a Mustang with a manual transmission. How, exactly, does that work? How does the ACC handle downshifting and upshifting, as your speed varies between 0mph and 100mph ?
I ordered that on my '16. If it wasn't available it's possible I might have not even bought the car.

On the '16s, it just disengages when you push in the clutch. I new it was that way before ordering and was pretty annoyed that Ford couldn't re-engage cruise automatically when you let the clutch back out. I mean my 2013 Cadillac does that! And the annoyance would at least been cut in half if the resume bottom on an ACC car didn't require moving your hand from the wheel and in a carpel-tunnel fashion. LoL

While annoying in concept, for me resuming wasn't so bad because I never drove in stop and go traffic and most gears have a pretty wide speed range.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering things everyone would like to see added in - option-wise of course, not as standard as I know many of you will balk at some of the things I'd, personally, like to see :p

Flat bottom steering wheel
HUD (FFS Ford, come on already)
Front Parking Sensors
360 Surround Camera
Self-Parking
Adaptive Headlights
Better options in regards to Alcantara (no Alcantara with digital gauges? Alcantara steering wheel?)
Map function in digital gauge cluster (ie: part of it can show the map from the infotainment screen)

Yes, yes, I know many of these features are "luxury car features" but I really don't care - my Mustang is my daily driver; I want it all damn it! :D

:turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
never noticed the cylinder deactivation in my Corvette and I’d bet very few would notice either. 29 mpgs in a car like a Corvette is nothing to blow off, I was impressed by the system.
It's a crime to put that on a Corvette. My SS/1LE doesn't have that crap and it'll do 30MPG (or better) at steady state 75mph on I-95 to and from Philly.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Here's something I don't think anyone's said yet. Howabout aluminum panels that DON'T corrode from the factory?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
How about things we'd like to see removed for the next gen Mustang?

700+ pounds.
$10,000
All the electronic fuckery (TC, SC, radar guided cruise, BLIS, etc.), other than GPS and a bitchin' stereo.
Power windows (to save weight).
Power locks (to save weight).
Overly complex & expensive headlights.
Shorter, lighter, narrower, shorter over-hangs.
Move the front wheels further forward/engine backward.
Soft rubber suspension bushings. Use polyurethane.
Sponsored