Sponsored

Things you'd like to see added to this gen or in the next gen Mustang

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Just wondering things everyone would like to see added in - option-wise of course, not as standard as I know many of you will balk at some of the things I'd, personally, like to see :p

Flat bottom steering wheel
HUD (FFS Ford, come on already)
Front Parking Sensors
360 Surround Camera
Self-Parking
Adaptive Headlights
Better options in regards to Alcantara (no Alcantara with digital gauges? Alcantara steering wheel?)
Map function in digital gauge cluster (ie: part of it can show the map from the infotainment screen)

Yes, yes, I know many of these features are "luxury car features" but I really don't care - my Mustang is my daily driver; I want it all damn it! :D
Sponsored

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Yes, yes, I know many of these features are "luxury car features" but I really don't care - my Mustang is my daily driver; I want it all damn it! :D
The problem is there isn't a luxury Mustang. Just higher performance models. Should be a package that can be added to ecoboost / v8 to bring it up to par with say an m4 or m5 or etc... The power is there (at least on a V8) but the quality isn't

That said I miss:
-- side mirrors that tilt down when in reverse
-- Ditch the radio antenna already - combine it with the sirius antenna in 1 shark fin and preferably, not on the trunk. I hit it every time I'm trying to remove snow.
-- nicer materials inside - way way to much plastic
-- memory seats (multiple drivers)
-- ability to open or close the convertible top > 0mph
-- ideally, switch to a hard top convertible
-- also - open / close the top via the key fob
-- seriously, learn to paint a damn car. Rust on the hood after 1 year? major fail.

(if any of these already exist on some package I dont have, please diregard, lol)

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem is there isn't a luxury Mustang. Just higher performance models. Should be a package that can be added to ecoboost / v8 to bring it up to par with say an m4 or m5 or etc... The power is there (at least on a V8) but the quality isn't

That said I miss:
-- side mirrors that tilt down when in reverse
-- Ditch the radio antenna already - combine it with the sirius antenna in 1 shark fin and preferably, not on the trunk. I hit it every time I'm trying to remove snow.
-- nicer materials inside - way way to much plastic
-- memory seats (multiple drivers)
-- ability to open or close the convertible top > 0mph
-- ideally, switch to a hard top convertible
-- also - open / close the top via the key fob
-- seriously, learn to paint a damn car. Rust on the hood after 1 year? major fail.

(if any of these already exist on some package I dont have, please diregard, lol)
The hardtops already have the internal antenna, the convertibles sadly do not :(
Also, memory seats for 3 drivers is already available. I believe you need a Premium model (with the x01a package which offers blindspot monitoring and such). The 18 Premiums also fixed most of the hard plastic issues (now it's a soft touch plastic or leather :D )

But yea, I'd love an electronically opening top for the convertibles which can be open/closed remotely... and a hard-top convertible? My god, I'd buy that on day one. :love:

BTW - I mentioned in another thread, I'd LOVE for Lincoln to offer a CTS-V/M5/M6/E63/RS7 competitor based on the Mustang. :clap2:

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Ford Performance PP3 package “engine” as an available factory option.

_

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
Eco Boost V8

Sponsored

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
-No more of that god awful 4" base radio display. I really thought it'd be gone with the introduction of the 301A package on the 2018s but alas, it's still standard equipment.

-Door panel and center console plastic that doesn't scuff or scratch so easily (premium 2018s address the latter issue with the leather-wrapped center console)

-Paint that doesn't chip so easily

That's really about it to be honest.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to have a:
- 360 Camera
- HUD
- Adaptive headlights
- Better interior (less plastic)
- Better radio (like Harmon Kardon or something)

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Everybody has been wanting a HUD since 2015. Does everyone really have that much trouble knowing how fast they are going by engine sound or by just looking down at the speedometer? I am asking this as a serious question not trolling. We seemed to have made it fine for 114 years in Ford cars without them.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The Recaro option in Premium trim should include power adjustment and heat.

Premium trim should include decent sound. I can't believe they use nine speakers to generate such mediocre sound. The Sony system in my wife's ST3 Focus ST sounds much better.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
...-Door panel and center console plastic that doesn't scuff or scratch so easily ...
Door panels still the same on '18s. Mine was delivered with a scratch on the driver's side lower door trim.

Sponsored

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Everybody has been wanting a HUD since 2015. Does everyone really have that much trouble knowing how fast they are going by engine sound or by just looking down at the speedometer? I am asking this as a serious question not trolling. We seemed to have made it fine for 114 years in Ford cars without them.
We made it fine for a lot of years without seatbelts too. Flathead V8s with 95 hp were the standard for a few years as well.

Is a HUD required? No, but it's cool and a "nice to have" for at least some people. "It's always been this way" just doesn't hold up though.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A HUD does more than tell you your speed and rpm: you know that, right? :p

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i say how about less is more.. everything now can stay.. less weight from chassis, engine and body panels please.. 1700kg for a 2 door car is abit much in 2018 no ?
Sponsored

Last edited: