Got my letter today.........
Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
I wonder if this will be extended to 21MY

I once had my reverse camera stay black and twice driving on interstate traction control indicator started flashing multiple times both sessions.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I wonder if this will be extended to 21MY
Not unless it was built in 2020.
This time, 25,032 Ford Mustangs produced between 2019 and 2020 equipped with a 5.0-liter V8 engine and manual transmissions are being recalled by the Dearborn-based manufacturer because the manual gearbox is disabling key safety features.

The recall has been issued for cars built between January 8, 2018, and December 16, 2020

Models built from 2021 and after had this system recalibrated, and do not face the same issues.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Not unless it was built in 2020.
This time, 25,032 Ford Mustangs produced between 2019 and 2020 equipped with a 5.0-liter V8 engine and manual transmissions are being recalled by the Dearborn-based manufacturer because the manual gearbox is disabling key safety features.

The recall has been issued for cars built between January 8, 2018, and December 16, 2020

Models built from 2021 and after had this system recalibrated, and do not face the same issues.
Yeah seen that. But I an others have had some minor similar issues. It makes me question if the calibration has fully resolved the issue.

OP
OP
Bullitt0819

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
35 years in the computer business, and that's a new one for me; I guess 'hack' (the original meaning), 'kludge' and 'patch' have been rehabilitated.

Edit: Anyone gets this done, please report back if any/all settings get wiped.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
For those that have the Ford Performance Power kit, my dealer is charging me $195 to do this recall as the added work of installing the stock tune, and then back to the Ford Performance tune. I may even skip this recall as I am having none of these issues. Also, I don't use the auto rev-match feature. That's what my right foot is for.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
For those that have the Ford Performance Power kit, my dealer is charging me $195 to do this recall as the added work of installing the stock tune, and then back to the Ford Performance tune. I may even skip this recall as I am having none of these issues. Also, I don't use the auto rev-match feature. That's what my right foot is for.
Unfortunately unless you're never selling your car, an open recall isn't a great thing to ignore lol. That is ridiculous though.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately unless you're never selling your car, an open recall isn't a great thing to ignore lol. That is ridiculous though.

Oh no doubt, if and when I sell I will deal with it then.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've had that happen a few times. Usually shutting the car off and restarting cleared it up.

I’ve had my entire screen go black a few times when backing up and I had to rely on the backup sensors .

Sponsored

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Will this recall affect tuned cars, as in wipe out the aftermarket tune?
I spoke with my tuner (PBD) they said to load stock file , get software update and then make a new stock file with all the updates and get a driving log.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
That's nuts. It's two minutes of work to re-upload the frpp tune... they can literally just walk away while it all happens. Do they want you to scratch their balls, too? I'm in the same boat. Power pack and I've never had my rearview camera go out. The car does periodically decide it doesn't want to rev match, but it's rare and will only happen for one shift. The next downshift will be just fine.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Can someone, with the FRPP tune, verify their file name?

I hooked my procal up and, before it updated, the file was. KR3A-FPMGM3-ACG.bin. After it updated it changed to. KR3A-FPMGM2-ACG.bin. It's been a year since I've updated it so I can't say it's related to the recall, but it does fuel the question of if an aftermarket tune would overwrite the recall software update, or not. Side note: it's really bugging me that the revised tune, whatever the revision is, changes the number from 3 to 2. You go up, dammit! Not down.

Personally, I'd love to just hook up my procal and wait the 15-30 minutes and call it a day, without having to deal with a dealership. But reality is not always so convenient.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
"Dangerous?"

How the hell did we drive before all the nannies? When my car did it, it was an annoyance and usually cleared itself in a few miles; the worst part was not being able to set a drive mode.
Exactly. I've only had this happen to me once. For about five minutes I had no auto rev match, no reverse camera and no gear displayed in the tach. It suddenly fixed itself while I was still driving and never happened again since. It was nothing more than a mild annoyance. To say it has dangerous consequences and disables vital safety systems is a gross exaggeration. There's nothing vital about it.

Interestingly, I can't find any pending recalls for my VIN, although the period fits and the issue clearly exists. Maybe the recall is just in the US? Perhaps because the reversing camera is a mandated safety feature over there, while in Europe it isn't?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's nuts. It's two minutes of work to re-upload the frpp tune... they can literally just walk away while it all happens. Do they want you to scratch their balls, too? I'm in the same boat. Power pack and I've never had my rearview camera go out. The car does periodically decide it doesn't want to rev match, but it's rare and will only happen for one shift. The next downshift will be just fine.

Yea that's why I am not going to do the recall, unless I go to sell the car then I will go through the hassle. I don't have any symptoms and I don't use auto rev match. I use my right foot for the rev match. The car is at the dealer for a new Bank 1 Sensor 1 02 replacement, that in of itself is taking a few days to get the car back. They are telling me they don't have a bank 1 front 02 sensor to be had. Car will be in the shop for 4 days for this.

I have to say, I don't want to hear any shit about BMW and such. My 2013 M3 that I had since new not one time been to the shop for warranty work, not once. My 2020 Mustang GT has had now 2 recalls, a bad 4g modem which took 3 trips to correct properly and my oil pan has leaked twice now and required resealing twice, I love this car but I am not getting good vibes for longevity.
Sponsored