Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just to complete my experience of the recall :

PCM recall done :like:

2nd year service done :like:

Having nice day with no shitty roads and no cleaning to do afterwards is a bonus :sunglasses:

1661959194462.jpeg

WD :like:
What was the PCM recall WD? Was it a specific year thing?
Here you go :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/safety-recall-pcm-software-update.179189/#post-3614824

I got the recall but I didn’t have any of the symptoms.

I can’t tell any difference before or after (sadly no extra bhp … lol).

The tech was nice enough to double check with me I defo wanted it doing because if I had a tune, it would get wiped … (thinking of you and your upcoming mods) :like:

Sponsored

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
I wasn't going to take my car in because I don't have any of the symptoms. But now all of a sudden, my voice commands don't work, it won't read text messages, it doesn't display song titles across the top of the gages...this is a separate issue from the pcm recall? I already did a master reset, that didn't change anything...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I wasn't going to take my car in because I don't have any of the symptoms. But now all of a sudden, my voice commands don't work, it won't read text messages, it doesn't display song titles across the top of the gages...this is a separate issue from the pcm recall? I already did a master reset, that didn't change anything...
Yeah that's a separate issue. Try deleting your phone from Sync and re-pairing it again.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Yeah that's a separate issue. Try deleting your phone from Sync and re-pairing it again.
Thanks for confirming. just seems odd that the recall comes out and then this starts happening. I deleted and re-paired before the master reset. I really don't want to drop my car off at the dealer, ugh...

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks for confirming. just seems odd that the recall comes out and then this starts happening. I deleted and re-paired before the master reset. I really don't want to drop my car off at the dealer, ugh...
The recall only affects a few lines of code related to the auto rev matching software to avoid a soft lock where driver assists are temporarily disabled. It's not particularly critical, especially if you have that feature turned off.

Your issue probably relates to your phone's permissions or something else goofy (mine does this randomly where my phone decides to stop using my car for audio, only calls).

Sponsored

kyrusdemnati

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kyrus
Vehicle(s)
mustang bullit
This isn’t related to pre collision errors?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Finally had me recall done. My only symptom was my camera seemed to be getting a little fuzzy. Now it looks like it did when it was new. I doubt they actually replaced me camera though.

On a side note, I made an appointment with my closest dealer and when I tried to drop it off, they said it would be ready in about 6 hours because there were others in front of me. I argued with this idiot about the purpose of an appointment, then took my car and left. Took it to another dealer 1/2 hour away and, including an oil change, was done in less than 2 hours.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm still undecided whether to have this PCM update done or not. On one hand, in two years and 12K miles, the issue it's supposed to fix has only happened to me once. Just once, and for no more than five minutes. I'd rather not risk breaking something else (i.e. introducing who knows what other software bugs) just for the sake of fixing a minor bug that doesn't even bother me at all.
On the other hand, I do have one other bug in the PCM, and this one really bothers me. From time to time, when the car comes to a halt the engine dies. Several other people have reported having this happen to them under the same circumstances, which means there's certainly a bug in the PCM software. So, I'm tempted to do the update in the hope that it might solve this one as well, even though it isn't mentioned officially.

Are there any other risks associated with this update? If I made some configuration changes with HPtuners, will I be able to make them again after the update? I hope Ford won't use this opportunity to also do something sneaky with the PCM, like locking it down, will they?

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
strategy before update: LR3A-14C204-ACC.
1666359007562.png

After update: LR3A-14C204-ACE

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Guess I will chime in. Attempted to get this update done on my car with the Ford Performance tune kit. Dealer people all went back and forth about it, ultimately sent me on my way for now until they are ready for me to drop it off for a while so they can perform the update. They were really worried about the tune/configurations getting messed up.

I am waiting for a call back to schedule a time to let them take another stab at it.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Guess I will chime in. Attempted to get this update done on my car with the Ford Performance tune kit. Dealer people all went back and forth about it, ultimately sent me on my way for now until they are ready for me to drop it off for a while so they can perform the update. They were really worried about the tune/configurations getting messed up.

I am waiting for a call back to schedule a time to let them take another stab at it.
I wouldn't drop it off. Take it in, flash to stock, have them flash the update (do NOT start car), flash fp tune, done. This was the suggested method from Ford Performance and shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes to an hour. I wouldn't trust them to do this on their own without screwing something up, but that's me.

It won't mess up the tune. It's still not confirmed if the fp tune just overwrites the fix, doesn't affect it, or has the fix applied to it.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I explained all that and had a printout from someone else in this thread that called Ford Performance. They liked that but still were unsure.

There was a lot of back and forth and they say they are going to want time to do it. I debate getting it done but don't like having an open recall on my record.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I explained all that and had a printout from someone else in this thread that called Ford Performance. They liked that but still were unsure.

There was a lot of back and forth and they say they are going to want time to do it. I debate getting it done but don't like having an open recall on my record.
I get ya. I haven't had the issue but I also don't like having an open recall. It just seems like it's going to be hassle.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Its actually very simple, as described already. They install the original software, don't start the car, install the recall, don't start the car, then the Ford Performance calibration. Even if they did start the car you will just get a bunch of funky codes for mass air and such, ask me how I know...:D
Sponsored