Sponsored

Door latch recall - issues

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There is a benefit to having a convertible and showing the issue with the glass adjustment after the latch recall.

The first 2 pictures are the passenger side, which has an issue but not a sever as the drivers side, you can see that the window does not come all the way up to the height of the weatherstrip. The glass also does not full engage the weatherstrip at the front of the door at the windscreen.

The second 2 pictures are the drivers side and even more severe gap at the front and back.
IMG_0681.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG
Sponsored

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Trading in your car for something they can fix quite easily will leave a big whole in your wallet.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Trading in your car for something they can fix quite easily will leave a big whole in your wallet.
Agreed. Until I put the top down I was envisioning the numerous excuses that I was going to hear from the dealer. Open and shut case and an easy fix.

The tech should have set the windows with the top down and for hardtops they should mark the window positions when completely up to aid with re-alignment.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Fix delayed until Monday when the Master Technician that did the recall work is back.

Stay tuned!

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Which dealer Chris? I'm at McFarland in Exeter. The tech is suppose to mark the window with tape before they start, but obviously based on all the complaints none of them are doing it. Such a simple thing, one would think...

Sponsored

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
FIXED!!!

So here is the deal: When the technician put everything back together he used "dust" marks as the indicator for where the window should be. That's not ideal. Also they program the windows for height and the program is only as good as where the window is in the clips.

The technician reset the door in the clips in and ignored what he thought were good reference points and then went though the window height program and all appears to be fine.

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
No more wind noise? I hope I am so lucky (find out later). And they better fix the interior pieces or they get to keep it until it's right.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No more wind noise? I hope I am so lucky (find out later). And they better fix the interior pieces or they get to keep it until it's right.

No wind noise. I have a vert so it was never as quiet as the hard top.
Besides wind noise, it sounded like the door wasn't closed all the way as cars passed by.

No interior damage. They were really careful. Almost time to put her to sleep for the winter.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Dealer called me today. Said that the technician ordered a replacement switch panel for my car. Apparently he cracked one of the tabs so the dealer bought me a new one to have put on. They probably did not need to, or even tell me, but they did! :thumbsup:
IMG_0697.JPG

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
My window wind noise is now better and I have two new window switch plates on the way. Apparently the last time he did something to the little panel behind the door handle that is removed to access a screw. It now rattles when the door is closed and over bumps. I guess they can look at that too when they replace the other two pieces.

OP
OP
Cueball

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
After a few attempts to make an appointment and then bad weather cancelled (I don't drive the Stang in snow), I pulled the parts from the car myself and made a trade with the dealer. Here are the 3 parts they broke that needed replacing - these are the new ones I installed myself. I have to admit I did have some trouble removing the door panel parts - but you would think a dealer would know where all the tabs are and be more careful. I was guessing and yanking.
20180131_074333.jpg
Sponsored