Sponsored

New Recall for ECU Safety Issues

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I called Ford performance and they said that was bs. I took my car to the dealer and they performed the recall no problem. Call Ford performance yourself. I did and you do not have to flash back to stock to have the recall done!
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I called Ford performance and they said that was bs. I took my car to the dealer and they performed the recall no problem. Call Ford performance yourself. I did and you do not have to flash back to stock to have the recall done!

Who did you talk to over there? I was told different...I talked to Tom.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't remember the guys name, it's been a few months back. But the recall has been done and the tune is working fine. Though I never had any of the Simpsons, I just didn't want an open recall on my car( now the wife's). Gave my GT to the wife and traded her Ecoboost for a Ranger šŸ˜€

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Its actually very simple, as described already. They install the original software, don't start the car, install the recall, don't start the car, then the Ford Performance calibration. Even if they did start the car you will just get a bunch of funky codes for mass air and such, ask me how I know...:D
Their concern was if the Ford tune needed to be updated itself or else the update from the recall would just be wiped by the tune. I believe the calibration device will save any updated info but am not sure, and they really weren't sure.

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
The recall will require you to change the car back to stock.
If you are using a SCT4 tuner you will notice that the ECU strategy has changed.
ford have reflashed the entire ECU to a new tune. It actually feels a bit better than stock beforehand.

my tuner mentioned itā€™s best to change to stock and after sending them the new ECU strategy they will be able to make some changes to the tune to compensate.

Sponsored

CMeRollin75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sorry to revive this post, but I'm scheduled to have this recall done next week. So is it safe to have this done on a tuned s550? Or put it to stock tune before performing the recall?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hmmm I am wondering how they handle it with the factory Roush cars?

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
I spoke with my tuner (PBD) they said to load stock file , get software update and then make a new stock file with all the updates and get a driving log.
After paying for a drive log review and revised tune of courseā€¦

I actually do not plan on selling my 19 GT at allā€¦Iā€™m not going through the hassle of uninstalling my JLT CAI, reinstalling the OEM Airbox, flashing to stock, and reinstalling it all again if I have yet to experience any of the recall symptoms whatsoever since buying my car brand new in 2019. Especially since I plan on boosting in the next year and will have to pay for a new custom tune then anyways.
Sponsored

Last edited: