Sponsored

My Winter Wheel Package

Fjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT fastback
I'm considering the Blizzak WS80 right now because mostly they are on closeout - there seems to be a newer model WS90, though it's like ~200 a tire. My father swore by Michelin's x-ice - but man ~200 a tire is a lot to swallow no matter how I look at it at either brand, unless I go Closeout Blizzak WS80 of course. But going closeout, older model I'm not sure I want to do that, I'd like to be in 'current' models of tire.
I went with the closeout WS80's on my package. The price was hard to beat, and the WS80's had excellent reviews. I'm sure the WS90's have some possible advantage, but given the reviews of the WS80's I'm not too concerned.

LM32's are another recommended option (and more of a "sport" winter tire), but those are pretty pricey, too.
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
AF24D915-9117-4107-99CC-6B18FF3D64CE.png
I went with the closeout WS80's on my package. The price was hard to beat, and the WS80's had excellent reviews. I'm sure the WS90's have some possible advantage, but given the reviews of the WS80's I'm not too concerned.

LM32's are another recommended option (and more of a "sport" winter tire), but those are pretty pricey, too.
I, like you will be driving my Mustang GT PP2 all year long. With 19”x10.5/11” rims, and not knowing what to do, I grabbed inexpensive winter tires that were the smallest that would fit the stock rims. I found at tire rack a price of $225/tire for 275/35R19 Blizzak LM-32s. Better to go cheap and figure out what works. My thinking was to grab the narrowest tire that is listed to fit my rims. Based on the attached, I grabbed the 275s. The left column is rim width followed by min tire width, typical tire width and then max tire width. I am thinking that they may be a bit too wide but that was the narrowest I could go. To help, I plan on adding 100-200 lbs to the trunk to help

Good luck with your Blizzak!! Provide a report over the winter as to how they do.

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
This has developed some already since last night! :idea: I think I'm leaning back to just using my OEM wheels for Winter... It would really save me some, and then I could up the tire budget too.
My Wife and sister made me realize I'm wanting to really splurge on a spring/summer set, so my response to them was "oh yeah." so I think I'm willing to sacrifice the OEM wheels to winter. In favor of a bit more savings to use towards that spring/summer expenditure. lol

Also I've been hearing a lot about the Blizzak's - it does seem to be a very popular winter tire. Perhaps I just go with those closeouts to save even more, and still get that peace of mind for driving on a dedicated winter tire. Also the Viking Contact 7's are out of running now - completely nvm now. Logically I know I should go Blizzaks for savings, but I'm drawn to the Michelin's for some reason... the LM-32s appear to be off market now? at least on TireRack.com.. or maybe just for the size I'm going with which is 18" Stock GT wheels rather.

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Thanks for sharing the winter tire package you got. I am going to buy the exact same package from Tirerack.
I intend to do the same!

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I recently purchased 19” Boss 302s with Pirelli Sottozero Series II tires from Tire Rack.

My Mustang is my daily driver and came with summer only Michelin Pilot 4S tires.

I probably won’t need to switch them out until late November.

I travel a lot on the weekends to PA and Western Md.

Not taking any chances with my safety in the wintertime.
DADF4142-9668-4267-8091-D4C24FE76701.jpeg
3B53B4CD-F526-4147-A33C-D7BE5D80B70D.jpeg
E7C5586F-C848-462B-9F5D-F254DB64C377.jpeg
How did your winter go with these tires? They offer them in the size I'm looking for and a review would be great. You and I both have PP1 magnaride.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Well, as long as we are rezzing this thread.....

FWIW I had the Sottozeroe's on my MX-5 in MInneapolis last winter and they were amazing compared to a summer compound (previously I had just garaged the car, but for fun I had tried driving it 1-2 days on snow). I will say that the decision to buy winter performance v snow tires seems to have been the correct one, but then again I lived in the center of the city with good plowing. If I was rural I don't think I would have made the same choice.

I'm in Oklahoma now so I see myself buying another set of the same for my to-be-delivered Mach, I'm just debating what size and wheels to get.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Tony, just FYI, this is a two year old thread and poster hasn’t been around in over a year. Might want to pick an active thread to ask about these tires.

By the way, it is a decently rated tire.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=W&VT=C&frontWidth=255/&frontRatio=40&frontDiameter=19&rearWidth=275/&rearRatio=40&rearDiameter=19&filter=y&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2021&autoModel=Mustang+Fastback&autoModClar=GT+Performance+Pkg
Thank you. I was trying not to clog up the forum and used the search option that I see so many disgruntled members reminding people to do. Appreciate the feedback. đź‘Ť

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
My winter wheel package :devil:

1633354840474.png
Those look like 2020 20" GT500 wheels from the peak I get on the side. Wiiiidde as F

Sponsored

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
I purchased a set of winter wheels and tires from Tire Rack. Since the HPP uses the standard GT brakes i dropped down to 235/50/18. Pretty attractive Sport Edition 5 spokes with Verenstein Wintrac Pro tires. Very effective in New England winters! Somewhat noisy and the wear could be better. My summers are Michelin PS4S 265/40/19. Great tires!

Gramkeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mustang
I probably won’t need to switch them out until late November.

I travel a lot on the weekends to PA and Western Md.

Not taking any chances with my safety in the wintertime.

My question is once winter weather sets in, how are Mustangs sold in colder climates with the summer tires? I'm planning on buying my dream Mustang and wonder what happens after the temperatures drop below freezing. I do realize I'll need an extra set of wheels and tires, but just wondering. Thanks for pardoning my ignorance.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
My question is once winter weather sets in, how are Mustangs sold in colder climates with the summer tires? I'm planning on buying my dream Mustang and wonder what happens after the temperatures drop below freezing. I do realize I'll need an extra set of wheels and tires, but just wondering. Thanks for pardoning my ignorance.
The factory stops manufacturing cars with summer only. They have no control over what a dealer does with cars in inventory.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
They stay in the climate controlled showroom or garage floor till someone buys it or the weather warms up.