Not open for further replies.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
This wasn't a case of LSPI, this was a case of the boost spiking to almost 30psi.
Right but it still blew under a light throttle application. Why the spike? It can't be the tune. Must be something faulty and so Ford just kicking the guy out onto the street is messed up, especially considering the shady dipstick stuff.
Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Spidey Senses says there is a lot more to this story.

I suggest you post the log.

As far as the oil issue, there is a lot more to this story. If you did as you said you did and checked the oil, then it's awfully mysterious that the dip stick and the oil mysteriously disappeared. I mean c'mon, you would notice 6+ quarts of oil under the car, on the two truck, etc. You said there were no holes in the block...

and " Random boost spike shot 35 PSI into cylinder 3."?

I am skeptical at this point and think it is bad form to post up this type of post that only feeds the "hysteria".

You said you logged the event, so show us.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I don't see how you can even hit 29 or 35 psi at 25% throttle even if the wastegate was welded shut. Post the datalogs, you said you have them and they will tell the story. I've owned and blown up my fair share of turbo engines. There was not a one that can make that kind of boost at 25% throttle. Maybe the logs will make me eat my words?

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I am more and more convince it is not Ford HQ making the decisions on the warranties, it has more to do with the dealerships than anything. Thats the only explanation for approval/denials being all over the place.

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
I'm sorry to hear about your car and hope things get sorted out. Good luck man!.
I have a 2015 mustang Premium PP Late April 2015 build. with my 93 tune I can get close to 22.8 after about 15-20 minutes of driving. After that its typically 21.8-22.2. I never see anything above that on 93. I have the Tune+ Wastegate. I always drop a gear if I want to get into boost. If I'm cruising and I want to speed up just a tad, I may not even hit boost, if I do, it's like 1-2psi. If I really want to pass someone I downshift. on e30 I might hit 25 after 15-20 minutes of letting her warm up, then it's down to the low 24's. Good luck man!

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'm on meth injection and don't even go that high with boost...OP still sorry about your car, I know how you feel and good luck in the future with whatever decision you make.

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
I don't see how you can even hit 29 or 35 psi at 25% throttle even if the wastegate was welded shut.
As unlikely as it is, if the wastegate did fail to function the story makes more sense.

Dipstick shenanigans aside, that is.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Your mechanic you towed it to sent me a picture of your TIP sensor hanging out of the intercooler. If your TIP sensor isn't seated it isn't able to read the boost PRE-throttle accurately. So your throttle body wasn't able to respond to the overboost for protection.

You left that bit of information out, and you didn't seem to respond to it when I messaged you via text.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your mechanic you towed it to sent me a picture of your TIP sensor hanging out of the intercooler. If your TIP sensor isn't seated it isn't able to read the boost PRE-throttle accurately. So your throttle body wasn't able to respond to the overboost for protection.

You left that bit of information out, and you didn't seem to respond to it when I messaged you via text.
problem solved, lock this one up!

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Tune+ wastegate actuator installed properly.

They want 2k to get the engine torn down, I'm going to tow it back to my shop of choice do what needs to be done and get rid of it, I do not want to see this car or drive it let alone waste more time with Ford.

Properly is debatable. You and your mechanic both had a hard time telling me how it was pre-loaded.

Sponsored

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
problem solved, lock this one up!
Not really, he still had some sort of hardware problem because it should of never made that boost level. His log before he had the problem made about 23psi, so something changed. I'm going to assume the TIP sensor was the culprit.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm going to assume the TIP sensor was the culprit.
The TIP sensor was the culprit of the engine failure? If so, my comment stands, problem solved!

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
How are they blowing? Do you have data supporting that an extraordinary number of EB engines are blowing? It's the internet, people are going to run and post when something bad happens. This forum is not a solid measure of how reliable these engines are.
You might be right, but when I'm seeing ppl that I've conversed with before, who have similar mods to me (or none at all) blowing motors it really starts to wear on the driving experience when I have no warranty. Being in a stock car u might not realize what its like to know that at any second you could need a new $6,000 engine. I knew what I was getting into when I modded but I had a little more trust in the strength of the engine at the time

Like I said in my thread I'm thinking/hoping this is really just an issue with the early builds. Maybe they improved quality control, slightly modified the design or simply started sourcing parts from a different supplier

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Right but it still blew under a light throttle application. Why the spike? It can't be the tune. Must be something faulty and so Ford just kicking the guy out onto the street is messed up, especially considering the shady dipstick stuff.
The spike was most likely caused by user error, not Ford's fault.

OP
OP

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt

I do have the texts that I replied to you, cant believe you would throw me under the bus like this it's almost comical.

A shop called Service Masters installed my condenser and told me they had to mess with the intercooler placement and from the picture they moved the TIP sensor and it must've gotten loose over time.

I did this thread to document another EB blown, I will no longer be replying to this thread because I meant no harm and am taking all blame on this issue since I'm paying out of pocket and not whining. I continuously updated you on this and all you replied was "silly"
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.