Sponsored

Project 300k DIB Ecoboost (lots of Pics)

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I wanted to document my ecoboost's journey from a stock Base Non PP car to full Wangan style racer.

My first picture of the car on the morning of August 07 2015, Fresh off the boat and ready to hit the German autobahn for the first time!:love:

Only 24.5 miles on the clock,

Later I was able to change the settings to kilometers and liters to make things easier for me in Europe.

Drove her the 400 odd kilometers home and discovered she was limited to a PP 146 mph rather than a normal base 121.

Where I had a nice package from MAPerformance waiting.

Unfortunately they sent me the wrong adapter for the down pipe Circled in Red. which matches the 3inch cat back not the 2.5 inch stock- oh well I guess I would just have to order the cat back too!

The next morning It began, I hadn't even had the car 24 hrs.

The the Intake came next.

Now I could hear my turbo and light the pitiful 235 Hankook tires at will in first and second- the Cobb 93 stage 1 ots is the map this should have come from the factory with! Night and day difference, if you own an ecoboost and do not have an AP you are doing it wrong, best $500 I ever spent!

New Care package from MAP came in a few days later.:headbang:

The Intercooler is almost too sexy to hide under the front bumper- A true work of art! That went on next. The car seemed to gain even more power,
But it was sitting to High! the base springs are comically soft and feels over damped making for some weird motions.
New package from CJPP!

Car went from This (this is not my car it's actually. [MENTION=14124]Diablocoastie[/MENTION] 's but it is the best shot of a bone stock DIB EBM I could find)

To This!

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
At this point Wheels and Tires were becoming a major limitation, It was about time to do something about it.

250/155 k/mph is as far as I was willing to push the stock H rated (210/130 k/mph) tires

Baby gets some new shoes!

New speed record without fear of tire exploding death

attachment.jpg

At this point I was nearly happy but the wheels were stuck too far in which I don't like.

I could go on about how a wider track has advantages in handling and stability- blah blah but I bought 20mm hub centric spacers for vanity!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Having a car like this that sounded so lame was just not going to cut it for me.
Thankfully MAPerformance was on the job again with their resonated cat back exhaust.

Out with the Old

And in with the New, sorry about the quality of this pic, I was so excited to get the car on the road I didn't check it till later :headbonk: Hands must have been shaking!

Last edited:

BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
Nice man! MAP is looking really good, especially the IC. How you like the sound so far with the DP and stock mufflers?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Nice man! MAP is looking really good, especially the IC. How you like the sound so far with the DP and stock mufflers?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Your wish is my command!

As you can hear my best friend was rather excited about the deep sound, this is no ricer with a fart can!

Cold Start

Some revs while warm

Sponsored

DeathMagnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Ecoboost PP
Nice progress! I'm in Grafenwoehr, Germany. Planning to hit the Nurburgring when it warms up again?

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Nice progress! I'm in Grafenwoehr, Germany. Planning to hit the Nurburgring when it warms up again?
I may, my last outing I nearly wrecked my Supra I'm not sure If I still have it in me to put full effort into a lap again!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stealth
Hey Glenn, nice build man. I'm planning on buying a eco stang also. Can you tell me how did all your mods affected gas economy? How much are you usually getting at 200km/h? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Hey Glenn, nice build man. I'm planning on buying a eco stang also. Can you tell me how did all your mods affected gas economy? How much are you usually getting at 200km/h? Thanks

My fuel usage has increased dramatically lately because I am just having too much fun with it. I'll get you some numbers this weekend but it is generally doing about 7.8 l/100 km at 130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stealth
That sounds great, I am curious about it but 8l/100km at 130mph sounds really promising.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
That sounds great, I am curious about it but 8l/100km at 130mph sounds really promising.

130 kph, not mph lol it's more like 12+ at 130 mph 210kph

eca77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Qashqai (Bone stock with child seats)
Really impressive build, makes me want one even more now. Just waiting for 18MY to come out (I know, I know you can keep waiting for the next best thing or be in one now and enjoying it). I would love to see/feel how that beauty rides, but it would spoil me for when I finally get mine. And knowing that I can't use MAP products over here legally sucks big donkey (you know what).

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Really impressive build, makes me want one even more now. Just waiting for 18MY to come out (I know, I know you can keep waiting for the next best thing or be in one now and enjoying it). I would love to see/feel how that beauty rides, but it would spoil me for when I finally get mine. And knowing that I can't use MAP products over here legally sucks big donkey (you know what).
Intercooler you can deffinately use. The TUV guy would have to disassemble your front end to see it (they won't!) Intake and catback is more about noise than anything. The MAP catted Downpipe quality is so good that it would look stock to anybody who is not intimately familiar with ecoboost. And if Cobb ever do a European tune you will be set there. No way they can tell at TUV but you could flash it back to stock every 2 years for your inspection!

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Latest mod, Ford Racing k- and Strut tower brace.

4bangin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost deep impact blue
Looks great man. I have a dib pp myself beautiful color
Sponsored