Mustang interior remodel

Vell !

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
vellen
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang
I was wondering if anyone knows how I would go about replacing the center console for a different material or a center console cover that would change how it looks ? ideally like something in the photos below. Thanks in advance !
IMG_5778.jpeg
IMG_5781.jpeg
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Find a custom automotive upholstery shop and be prepared to pay a hefty price and have the car torn apart for a long time.
They shouldn't be too hard to find in most metro areas. Look for shops that build custom cars, ask at car shows, look for high end body shops, all that kind of thing, watch youtube car restoration channels and get the name of people they use. The guy Tavarish uses for his McLarens in Florida does fantastic work.

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
I love those interiors. Especially the brown leather.

If you can't source the parts, which is likely, you will need to find a shop that can do it. No idea of the cost other than to say it won't be cheap

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Thatā€™s gonna be a $15-20k job

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
A quick Google Lens search points those photos back to several articles from various websites about Carlex Design. Their work is all custom, so it looks like your best bet is to start talking to local upholstery shops to get what you're looking for.

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Thatā€™s gonna be a $15-20k job
For $5000 or $6000 I'd consider it, to break up this all-black interior.
The official color of "We didn't even try". šŸ™„

An upholstery job costing $20,000, for my $40,000 car, is just not gonna happen. šŸ˜…

...But this inspired me to look around the internet to see what's out there for my center console or door inserts.

EDIT: I see these folks can sell me new materials for my shift boot, parking brake boot, and console lid. https://leatherseats.com/shop/inter...-boot-packages/15-23-ford-mustang-shift-boot/

And now I see there's this thread I should probably look at:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/post-pics-of-your-s550-mustang-custom-interior.28679/page-7

Last edited:

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
For $5000 or $6000 I'd consider it, to break up this all-black interior.
The official color of "We didn't even try". šŸ™„

An upholstery job costing $20,000, for my $40,000 car, is just not gonna happen. šŸ˜…

...But this inspired me to look around the internet to see what's out there for my center console or door inserts.
Just inserts and console lid would probably be $700 or so. Might be worth it. I just did this (though have now upgraded to leather piping instead of plastic like in pic) it cost $3 for the plastic and $20 for the leather
IMG_5450.jpeg

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
Just inserts and console lid would probably be $700 or so. Might be worth it. I just did this (though have now upgraded to leather piping instead of plastic like in pic) it cost $3 for the plastic and $20 for the leather
IMG_5450.jpeg
Where did you source that from?

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Carl Corey at CaNDe Customs in Geneva Alabama does amazing work. Not sure where you are but Carl has a talented crew.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thereā€™s options out there to do different parts of the interior for fairly reasonable costs. Katzkins for the seats. Thereā€™s leather or Alcantara options for the door cards, center console, knee pads, shifter boot, etc. A full blown interior will cost big bucks, if you canā€™t stomach it, there are other options

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
eBay. Took forever to get here from China.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3033438830...mcCtB_FRoy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The leather piping I replaced it with was also from eBay and was a bitch to install using a credit card to tuck it in. The plastic just pushed in.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2339613451...mcCtB_FRoy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Since you've installed both, which one do you prefer? Which red, do you think, was a closer match to OEM red accents?
I have California Special red stitch accent interior parts in my car and I dyed the white seat and door stitches red. This piping would be nice for the doors.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Since you've installed both, which one do you prefer? Which red, do you think, was a closer match to OEM red accents?
I have California Special red stitch accent interior parts in my car and I dyed the white seat and door stitches red. This piping would be nice for the doors.
Iā€™m not a monster fan of either tbh. Neither material matches the factory interior materials well. do legitimately have ocd though so I doubt most people would notice lol. If I did it again Iā€™d have an upholstery shop run me some piping and let them match the leather texture to the seats.

out of the two Iā€™d go plastic because itā€™s super cheap and easy.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Iā€™m not a monster fan of either tbh. Neither material matches the factory interior materials well. do legitimately have ocd though so I doubt most people would notice lol. If I did it again Iā€™d have an upholstery shop run me some piping and let them match the leather texture to the seats.

out of the two Iā€™d go plastic because itā€™s super cheap and easy.
Thank you. I will grab some of the plastic version and see what it looks like. Nothing to lose in trying.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I thought the plastic combing was chintzy looking but it was cheap enough I gave it a shot and it looked much better when I used it to fill the huge panel gaps Ford left on the dash.

PXL_20240428_143142524.jpg
Sponsored