T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Barton owner here. Excellent shifter. But seriously, if your shifting from 5th to 2nd, your doing something wrong.
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I just had a steeda tri-ax race put in. Makes a big difference. That said, even stock I've never managed to go from 5th to 2nd.
I haven't done 5th to 2nd either.:confused: I did inadvertently go 5th to 4th just after I got my car, but even that was my own dumbass fault...:(

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
MGW for the win!

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I had a stick in my ol 5.0, compact trucks, cars etc. So to me this is my first short throw... A factory one at that. I honestly am very satisfied with the precision and firm action. Couldnt imagine getting aftermarket replacement.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Worst shifter ever has been the mt82. replace the stock back mount with an energy suppression mount, was using a white line transmission insert just recently switched to the Boomba 70D race spec transmission mount. Also put in some upr Street engine mounts. Replaced stock transmission fluid with royal purple synchromesh. While I do plan on replacing the shifter eventually it is so much better shifting right now that it was stock that seems like an entirely different car.

Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Steeda tri ax no issues. Still haven't missed a gear since.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
MGW here, it's great. I don't think I ever shifted into the wrong gear with the stock shifter, it was pretty light.

My MGW is very tight, it really centres itself - so if you're having trouble now, you're going to be in a world of pain with an aftermarket shifter.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
No issues here. I did install energy suspension rear shifter bushing and transmission mount insert bushings. Tightens things up. Going from 5th to 2nd is not an issue with the car though. That definitely sounds like user error. I've never gone 5th to 4th let alone 2nd.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I had an MT82 on a 2013 V6 Mustang - It sucked - I got rid of the car, had a 2013 F150, and then the bug bit once more, so I bought a 2014 GT with an Auto due to the bad experience with the V6 car...that sucked...so I went with a 2015 GT with a MT82....shifting was definitely better, but merging into traffic one morning I experienced the 2nd gear lockout...so I ordered an MGW..

VERY VERY happy after one year, yesterday I had Royal Purple Syncromax fluid swapped in, at 31,000 miles...the thing shifts beautifully now...get an MGW and be done with it, no need for aftermarket bushings, mounts, etc. MGW takes care of ALL issues.

With an MGW shifter, the only weak point would be internal to the transmission, but if you're not running SC/Turbo or racing/beating the car on the regular, you should be good with the MT82 if you build it just a little.

Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Replaced mine with the Tri-Ax a few months ago. Absolute best mod I have done to the car.

Honestly the shifter wasn't all that bad before, but it truly is night and day with the Tri-Ax, and the mod bug was itching lol

Really need to do the tranny fluid as well though with any shifter to bring out the best.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Yeah...I think those that say they have no slop in the stock shifter or stock shifter is great just need to try a car where its been changed. Its eye opening!! Another vote for the MGW.

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
MGW will help with the slop as it has almost none. TBH if you're going from 5th into second on a missed shift, you need way more seat time. There's no excuse for that. Learn the car before you beat on it. Ford doesn't warranty operator errors. That's why they issued a TSB for customers who can't shift.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Missing 5/4 and doing 5/2 I guess I could understand, but missing the 6/5 and doing 6/3 is just sad. No shifter will help with that.
Sponsored