Sponsored

Motorweek Car of the year! Loved my S550’s but S650 not so bad after all.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I like the posts with thoughts about alternate cars if we lost our S550s. I'm really happy with mine.

Probably 99% I'd buy another 2017 S550. I would be looking for grabber blue. I'd really prefer another GT350, but the price to purchase and consumables are just a little more than I prefer to spend. This would be a tough decision, because I'd say the GT350 was the best car I ever owned.

I like the idea behind the C8, but without a manual transmission it's a no go for me. I'd love a C6 or C5 if I were a couple inches shorter or they had more head clearance. C7 gained a little too much weight for me and I don't like having a removable top on a car that I would want to take to the road course.

A few years old water cooled 911 would be good, but I would want a GT car and they are too expensive for me. There are a few models that intrigue me, but not enough to spend the money. The Cayman is also nearly perfect, but like the Corvette is just a little small. Plus they are also a little too precious.

Supra is a no for me - I wasn't impressed with Toyota when I owned my GR86 and I really don't want another Toyota. Plus, straight sixes are not my thing.

I would buy an E92 M3 if I found one in good shape for the right price (not likely).

I would consider an SS 1LE if I didn't have the Mustang. Mustang is probably a better choice for a road car since they are so cushy. But I do prefer the Ford engine and love how it revs out on track. I would probably shop both and make a decision based on money (I'd probably end up with a Mustang and add a bunch of aftermarket stuff to make it track worthy).
Sponsored

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Some good thoughts there @Hack . If something happened to my S550, I’d buy an S650 if I wanted brand new. If I didn’t want brand new, I’d probably buy another S550. Mach 1 most likely, more track ready with the extra coolers (for the couple times a year I’d actually make it to the track LOL) but still a very livable daily. And they look and sound great.

I’d also look at a C7 but as a daily it doesn’t make as much sense in the winter here, although there are a few that winter their C6/C7/C8’s here. Charger Scat Pack would be another used option, I’m not really a fan of Challenger. And those 6.4L Hemi’s are monsters, too bad the car is an elephant. Could go Lexus RCF or IS500 F as well, they sound really good.

V8 is a must for me.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It is not in the context here, Z/28 is an original, not a knock-off.
I’m not following here. What are you saying is an original and what are you saying is a knock off?

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
I don't understand why anyone would want to be in that interior. The lack of visibility is intolerable to me, and I do mean intolerable. Would never, ever, own one, even if the Camaro was the last V8 manual on earth. I absolutely loathe that ridiculous coffin.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand why anyone would want to be in that interior. The lack of visibility is intolerable to me, and I do mean intolerable. Would never, ever, own one, even if the Camaro was the last V8 manual on earth. I absolutely loathe that ridiculous coffin.
I couldn't agree more. Not to mention the completely impractical trunk opening

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Its more like Ford followed the current trend just look at BMW & Mercedes below:

1707960322039.png

1707960485563.png

I do prefer the S550 interior design but I think the interior in S650 is ok, each to his own I guess.
At least Mercedes has the decency to still retain a decent amount of actual buttons below the AC vents.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
At least Mercedes has the decency to still retain a decent amount of actual buttons below the AC vents.
The functions of which won't be affected at all when a display fails.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
That was not the point of the post but ok.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Ok. And your bullit, knockoff as well?
I’m not following here. What are you saying is an original and what are you saying is a knock off?
Seems a language issue. :bandit:
Tried to say a 2015 Camaro Z/28 is what it meant to be, not a knock off like a 4 door Sedan Charger or an electric SUV Mustang. 😆

But a Bullitt should for sure not have a dog bowl on the deck lid from factory, and should have a Shelby snake airbag emblem, like the real movie car.
Fixed the dog bowl, i'm still struggling with the snake on the steering wheel, would give a little taste of Shelby knock off.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Seems a language issue. :bandit:
Tried to say a 2015 Camaro Z/28 is what it meant to be, not a knock off like a 4 door Sedan Charger or an electric SUV Mustang. 😆

But a Bullitt should for sure not have a dog bowl on the deck lid from factory, and should have a Shelby snake airbag emblem, like the real movie car.
Fixed the dog bowl, i'm still struggling with the snake on the steering wheel, would give a little taste of Shelby knock off.
Ok that makes more sense. As to putting a Shelby snake emblem on a Bullitt, I wouldn’t do it. That’s classic up badging to me. I’d leave it as is or do some cool Bullitt logo. The Bullitt is a cool car as is, I wouldn’t want to try to put badging on it that doesn’t belong. Just my $0.02

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
That’s classic up badging to me.
On first glance, yes.
But for a modern recreation you need that snake and and the dashboard trims should be wood instead of aluminum.
The upbadging is movie correct, the Bullitt logos are just a Ford creation.
1708024257115.png
Sponsored

Last edited: