Sponsored

Motorweek Car of the year! Loved my S550’s but S650 not so bad after all.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
And are those physical buttons in the center stack?? Lack of physical controls is another reason I won't buy an S650. I hope the touchscreen fad is deemed unsafe and eliminated.
Yes, nothing below the screen is touch, it's all normal old school buttons.
Far, far better digital dash integration than S650.
And it is the car that costs $20k in base trim.

Look at all the data points there as well! Easy to read concise information that actually matters on track.
Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Yes, nothing below the screen is touch, it's all normal old school buttons.
Not realy, this thing with the buttons seems to be one big button, maybe touch with mechanical feel.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
IMG_2274.jpeg

I haven’t seen S650 in Australia yet.

The Ford Australia site has new S650 convertible at $98000 AUD driveaway ($64000 USD)

I would get $45000 AUD ($30000 USD) for my mint low kilometre 17 convertible.

So a $53000 ($35000 USD) changeover. I’m fortunate enough to be able to afford it - or I could also throw in my mint 20 GT, which approximates the changeover figure.

IMG_2274.jpeg
IMG_1628.jpeg
IMG_2272.jpeg

I cannot see, nor have I read or watched a review that could conceivably justify such an outlay for the refresh.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Got you wrong, I talked about S650.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So basically what Ford and VW should have done and all they needed to do was leave their damn cubicle and go LOOK at a N series on a showroom or c&c.
Or just get on the old Google machine and find the same image. Don’t even have to leave the cozy cubicle 😉

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Downgrade in Looks dept, Heavier, Same performance #'s, less sporty interior w/more electronics to break.
And More $
Just no interest for me to upgrade at all for me and I went from a 15gt to 21 Mach which there I saw value but not feeling any desire for an s650 at all.
So it won an award that they give to the highest bidder.
Kinda like Integra winning over the M2 and DH ... LOL
Front wheel drive - 🤮

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
We all have our opinions about S650 but the weight comments seem to be unfounded. Ford’s curb weights may show more change but here is a real world example. Scale used may not be ideal or what some prefer, but all 3 were done on the same scale on the same day so it’s a consistent test at least.

Unvaxxed

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I don't like the looks of the S650 and the iPad screens are atrocious. Add in the fact that you can't even tune it, made it very easy for me to pick up my 2022 GT just a few months ago.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
My thinking is different.
Porsche shows how to do it right with the 911.
Sure, it has become a fat pig, but they have never lost track of where the 911 came from and what needs it has to fulfill. Even if the toad with the water cooling had to be swallowed, the original concept was never abandoned despite its disadvantages.
Corvette and Mustang are comparable icons for me, so I would like to see a similar approach to these vehicle.
Icons must be developed carefully, there must be no radical break.
The 911 of today still reminds me of the 911 of my childhood days, and until recently the Corvette was also like that (C4 C7).
The legacy of the Corvette has been betrayed.
With the Mustang it feels similar to me, something trendy has taken precedence over a more sensitive evolution.
The 911, Mustang and Corvette (until C7) are all evolutions of the very successful original formulas. Of course there are those who will say that the Mustang II and the post air cooled 911's aren't true to the original, but they did stick to the original formula.

I think GM (General Morons) missed the boat when they transitioned to the C8 with the mid engine platform. IMNSHO, they should have done the C8 in the traditional format, then released the Mid Engine as a separate model, similar to how Ford Positioned the GT mid engine cars above the Mustang iterations as an exotic, but kept the production #'s high. This is where Ford failed. They should have made more of the GTs available.

Like it or not, the fablet dash of the S650 is the way of the future. Had Ford committed more $$ to R&D for the panels, they could have done more with incorporating them and retaining the traditional/legacy layout of the twin binnacle dash and integrated the digital screens, but they just tacked them on. The rest of the car is an evolution of the original design. I prefer the S550 overall, and glad I am in one.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Calling the c8 a Corvette is the same thing as calling the mach-e a mustang.

Granted I don't have a good answer for the c8 problem. Frigate? Inazuma? Devine Wind? Cutlass? Saber?

Last edited:

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Come on. Corvette enthusiast have been begging for a mid engine Corvette since the C4 at least. GM just gave them what they wanted.
I don't like the C8 either. The front end just looks wrong. Like if you got it going fast enough, the front end would lift off the ground. But that's besides the point. The thing is, ugly or not, mid engine Corvettes are here to stay. It may just be a C9 or 10 before I can stand to look at one.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
So basically what Ford and VW should have done and all they needed to do was leave their damn cubicle and go LOOK at a N series on a showroom or c&c.
Its more like Ford followed the current trend just look at BMW & Mercedes below:

1707960322039.png

1707960485563.png

I do prefer the S550 interior design but I think the interior in S650 is ok, each to his own I guess.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Its more like Ford followed the current trend just look at BMW & Mercedes below:

1707960322039.png

1707960485563.png

I do prefer the S550 interior design but I think the interior in S650 is ok, each to his own I guess.
Hate those too ;-)
Sponsored