Sponsored

Motorweek Car of the year! Loved my S550’s but S650 not so bad after all.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
OP
OP
EgoBoost

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
EgoBoost

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It’s a good car and it’s the lone survivor of the pony car class, so isn’t it kind of winning the Sports Coupe class by default?

As for Driver’s Car of the Year, I’m a little surprised. It’s still a good bang for the buck (at least the Eco & GT, not sure the DH value is there) considering the price of all new cars keeps going up, but was kinda surprised the M2 didn’t come out ahead in that category. And I’m not a BMW fan.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Why would people think the S650 is bad?

Most reviews have been positive.

I’ll never understand people who protective over the generation of car they own. And its not just Mustang owners. Same thing with the BMW, VW, and Corvette communities I’ve been in.
I’ve driven a few now, it’s a good car for sure. Just doesn’t feel a whole lot different than S550 considering it was rolled out as a new gen car. So I think the expectations of some (maybe most) and the actual car don’t match up.

Sponsored

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve driven a few now, it’s a good car for sure. Just doesn’t feel a whole lot different than S550 considering it was rolled out as a new gen car. So I think the expectations of some (maybe most) and the actual car don’t match up.
The business case for a brand new Mustang doesn’t make much sense in the current environment.

A massive redesign would likely require a combination of hybrid and EV variants(and possibly dumping the Coyote) to future proof it against regulations to make business sense ie new Charger. 98% of this forum(and Mustang fans in general) would’ve been up in arms.

Keeping the investment fairly low keeps the V8 and manual options everyone still buys a Mustang for. And let’s be real, sportscar platforms usually stay around for long periods of time. Many of you bought multiple lightly revised cars on the Fox platform.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I’ll never understand people who protective over the generation of car they own. And its not just Mustang owners. Same thing with the BMW, VW, and Corvette communities I’ve been in.
No one thinks it’s “bad” as in not good, unless In euphemism for “looks” if one appreciates that design. Let’s face it though, at this point in time unlike before, there is no competition in its class -so, any magazine “win” isn‘t really a “win“ when you’re the only choice.

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i

It's the same in the Porsche forums, only worse.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No one thinks it’s “bad” as in not good, unless In euphemism for “looks” if one appreciates that design. Let’s face it though, at this point in time unlike before, there is no competition in its class -so any magazine “win” isn‘t really a “win“ when you’re the only choice.
This isn’t a win for its class though. The selections here are class agnostic.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
A massive redesign would likely require a combination of hybrid and EV variants(and possibly dumping the Coyote) to future proof it ie new Charger. 98% of this forum(and Mustang fans in general) would’ve been up in arms.
I think this was the early expectation, that a different chassis would be used so that a hybrid and/or maybe even an AWD variant could be rolled out later in the generation. I’m not sure it would’ve killed the coyote, you could run a hybrid variant with it. An EV variant likely would’ve killed it.

I think the EV craze is slowing, you’re starting to see some manufacturers backtrack a bit. There’s a proposed new law circulating through the Illinois House right now that would prevent any state or local government from restricting the sale of vehicles based on the type of energy it uses, gasoline included. For a state that is as blue as the sky, it’s a big deal for us ICE folks. Fingers crossed it passes

https://www.semasan.com/legislative...s-bill-supporting-internal-combustion-engines
Sponsored