ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying to find something... but I am completely at a loss. When I look up the part number of my switchpanel the internet shows me... nothing. Literally. FR3B-14A564-EF3ZHE
IMG_7164.jpg
Actually from looking at the installation video again, that control panel switch isn't used for the install - its just dosconnected to allow access but there's no modification or use of that actual armrest control switch.
Sponsored

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The kit used needs only two wire taps from what I can see. One for the permanent 12V supply and one for the door-unlock connector.

bitterXend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Coupé, US model
The kit used needs only two wire taps from what I can see. One for the permanent 12V supply and one for the door-unlock connector.
Sadly he does not mention it, but look again at 7:00 until 7:10. You use the plug from the switch, plug it into the harness you got and use their plug for your switch unit. And that exact plug is what I am missing on my car.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I took a search through the thread and wasn't able to find this.

I noted that in this spreadsheet (not sure if this is the most up to date one) spreadsheet

under IPC 2018 720 there's an option for gauge sweep on boot. From what I gather it seems like IPC720 is the digital cluster and IPC0720 is the analog cluster.

I have a 2019 with the analog cluster, eventually I'm going to do the digital swap. But I'm curious if its possible to enable this with the analog cluster. Has anyone ever tried this?

Thanks!

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
under IPC 2018 720 there's an option for gauge sweep on boot. From what I gather it seems like IPC720 is the digital cluster and IPC0720 is the analog cluster.
720 is the IPC, whether analog or digital. There's no such thing as 0720; there's a mistake in the spreadsheet. The code for disabling the door ajar chimes, which is listed on the 0720 sheet, is actually at address 720-01-02 and works with the digital dash (I tried it myself). It might also work with the analog one, but I don't know that.

Most of the codes listed on the 2018 IPC sheet pertain to the digital dash. Some of them might work with the analog one as well, but I don't know which. The good news is, you can just give it a try. If it doesn't work, you change it back. No harm done.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What is needed to do this?
- an OBD interface (I recommend the OBDLink EX, about $60 on Amazon)
- a Windows laptop
- the ForScan application (free download; you'll need a licence for changing the configuration, but you can get it for free, too)
- a lot of reading, preferably starting with the ForScan web site and forums.
https://www.forscan.org/index.html

Last edited:

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I'm trying to turn off the very annoying double honk when getting out of the car/engine running. 22 Mustang ecoboost. I'm in forscan now, and in the 'vehicle tests' but the only bodycm that shows is a module reset. Obviously I don't need to reset it, I need to modify it. On my other car it has a line that says "bodycm as-built" and I choose that and go into service functions to modify. I don't have that option on this 2022.

Is Forscan not updated yet? Or Is the car locked down tighter than a drum where nobody can do anything with it?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm in forscan now, and in the 'vehicle tests' but the only bodycm that shows is a module reset. Obviously I don't need to reset it, I need to modify it. On my other car it has a line that says "bodycm as-built" and I choose that and go into service functions to modify. I don't have that option on this 2022.
It's not in the tests, but in the configuration screen.

main1_new_en.png

If you don't see that button in the left panel, then maybe you don't have a proper licence. Most of the functions are available by default, but the module configuration feature requires a licence. See the ForScan web site I linked above for information on how to obtain a licence. You can buy a lifetime one, or you can request a free temporary one (which can be extended for free, too, when it expires).

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
It's not in the tests, but in the configuration screen.

main1_new_en.png

If you don't see that button in the left panel, then maybe you don't have a proper licence. Most of the functions are available by default, but the module configuration feature requires a licence. See the ForScan web site I linked above for information on how to obtain a licence. You can buy a lifetime one, or you can request a free temporary one (which can be extended for free, too, when it expires).
I have a license.

I have that button. There are no options for bcm other than reset it. I can get into the apim but. not the bcm

Last edited:

Sponsored

agrump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustange GT Premium PP
I have a 2016 pp mustang and would like to have the vacuum gauge in the cluster. I'm not talking about the boost/vacuum gauge just a vacuum gauge. Is that possible?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I have a 2016 pp mustang and would like to have the vacuum gauge in the cluster. I'm not talking about the boost/vacuum gauge just a vacuum gauge. Is that possible?
I believe that one is a toggle. If you move the oil pressure and vacuum readings to the cluster, the gauge pair in the dash will no longer read.

You'll have to find as-built data for a non-pp GT and start flipping bits. You may want to find as-built data for and ecoboost, too. Compare the three and you should find which bits correspond to that gauge pair.

agrump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustange GT Premium PP
I believe that one is a toggle. If you move the oil pressure and vacuum readings to the cluster, the gauge pair in the dash will no longer read.
I wouldn't want to deactivate the pp gauge so I will leave well enough alone. I did have a supercharger on my car and had the ecoboost gauge pack and the cluster boost/vacuum gauge so I just assumed I could also have the vacuum gauge as well.

Thanks

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I wouldn't want to deactivate the pp gauge so I will leave well enough alone. I did have a supercharger on my car and had the ecoboost gauge pack and the cluster boost/vacuum gauge so I just assumed I could also have the vacuum gauge as well.

Thanks
If you had the ecoboost gauge pack assy in your car and it showed vacuum/boost correctly then the vacuum guage pack should be a plug and play install, no changes in forscan would be required IMO.

P.S. If you are not in need of the ecoboost gauge pack I would be interested in purchasing it from you or if you need a vacuum gauge pack from a GT I have one I would trade you for the ecoboost gauge pack.

DM me if interested.

BD
Sponsored