Sponsored

Millennial Theft Proofing my Mustang

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would say probably all could, as the clutch is still used the same way and the shifter is moved to the steering column and as long as you know the shift pattern. I didn't learn on a column shifter, but yep I did drive a relatives old Rambler that had one. :)

I learned to drive at 15 on a '54 Chevy with a column shifter. I wonder how many people can actually drive a manual that isn't a floor shifter... Yeah, I know, I'm OLD.
Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Your Grandpa is one of the cool ones then šŸ¤™ respect.
Well, I can only wish that I ever got to go shooting with him, or ask him what he did during the war. I hear his glasses disqualified him from combat, back then. But, he still would have fired a rifle in Basic, right?
He was an engineer the rest of his life, and it seems that he was fascinated with technology, in general.
CCO and ACOG sights are geometry problems that he would love.

My dad remembers Grandpa driving and, while stuck at a green light because people weren't going, Grandpa apparently said he thought there should be a system so the cars go when it's green, and it doesn't matter so much if the drivers are paying attention.
It sounds like, in 1980, Grandpa was wishing for networked self-driving cars. šŸ˜•

My dad also says that in the 1980s Grandpa Munn basically predicted that someone would invent 3D printing.

Last edited:

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know... I borrowed my parents 2003 F250 (in 2004) because my car was in the shop getting fixed. I had it for two days and the overhead gas gauge said *1* mile to empty when I parked it in my gated apartment complex...
Yeah that gauge often tries to tell you a fib, for your own good.
A LOT of vehicles will say they're empty and really have 2 gallons left.

Back when I had a 1996 240SX, the gauge said it was empty and I filled it up, and it took 15 gallons. The manual said it had a 17.2 gal tank, so with the 27mpg I was getting at the time, I could have driven ~60 miles with the needle below the E.

My current 240SX has the same size tank, and when the needle is on the E, I get about 13.5 gallons into it.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'm just glad I made the age cut off at 37. Phew.
Iā€™m 35, thank god I learned on a stick, Iā€™d hate to have to do this to my carā€¦

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Trying to sell a manual on the used market is incredibly hard. The vast majority want auto.
Acting like selling a manual sports car on the used market is incredibly hard is like saying Snoop Dog has a hard time with the ladies. Cmon dudeā€¦ stop.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
A LOT of vehicles will say they're empty and really have 2 gallons left.
My best guess the meter 'zero' means 1/2 gallon left on the Mustang. Not sure I want to actually test this by draining the tank even if I do happen to be lugging around a gas can or just doing laps around a gas station for 20 minutes.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
It doesnā€™t matter how much something is worth when you canā€™t find a buyer. Automatics sell faster and more easily.
True. Most cars are used for daily driving. So, the drivers want the auto. Some cars are only used for sport, pleasure, challenging road route driving, those drivers want a manual and are fewer.
Today's Tremec TRxxxx Trans, Aluminum fly wheels, Carbon Fiber/Kevlar clutches, Alum drive shafts, 3.73:1 Ford PP rear gears, and Detroit TrueTrack/Torsen differentials are a world advanced from the manuals of the 50's and 60's we learned to drive with. All of that is in my GT and that car does not need to find a buyer, it has one.

Last edited:

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
No dude Subaru's and VW's.
.....leave my Outback out of this you monster

yeah idk. making fun of millennials is so like ten years ago though. whatever gen is next, the ones on tiktok and all that crap, theyā€™re the worst šŸ¤£
I feel like the other demographic cohorts will have it a lot easier. For whatever stupid reason boomers just loved to rag on millennials. I'm happy that's finally drawing to an end.....also it helps that I'm the supervisor now :giggle:

It doesnā€™t matter how much something is worth when you canā€™t find a buyer. Automatics sell faster and more easily.
If you are basing your Mustang purchasing decisions based on resale value you are missing the point IMHO

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
A cheap theft-proof is pull the Maxi 50 Amp starter motor fuse in the engine fuse box.
Put it in your pocket. When you come back to your car-put it back. No tools required.
Still worried, drill the junction out on a clean fuse, put that in when you are away.
Then there is no missing fuse. If they put rollers under the rear wheels and winch it
up on a tilt-bed, then it is just not your lucky day.
Been a while since I owned an S197 but I can assure you the S550 hood release system is not up to that frequent of use.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Acting like selling a manual sports car on the used market is incredibly hard is like saying Snoop Dog has a hard time with the ladies. Cmon dudeā€¦ stop.
Yeah. I sold my '11 6 speed on CL in '16. Sold in a few hours to the first caller for $500 less than my $1,000 too high asking price.

Then again, the buyer was a Pharma CEO buying it for his millennial son.
Maybe as pay back for who knows what? LoL

2-fer posts are few and far between.

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
My best guess the meter 'zero' means 1/2 gallon left on the Mustang. Not sure I want to actually test this by draining the tank even if I do happen to be lugging around a gas can or just doing laps around a gas station for 20 minutes.
Sounds like a pretty good guess to me. A few days ago it said 3 km (about 2 miles) till empty when I pulled into the gas station. I could then fill the equivalent of 16 gallons (capacity of my 2020 from what I read) minus 0.7 gallons.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I think only WRX can be had with auto / cvt. Sti is manual only - not 100% sure though.
I hope you're right about that! If so, I guess the OP makes exceptions?

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Been a while since I owned an S197 but I can assure you the S550 hood release system is not up to that frequent of use.
I have only done it twice, (pulled the 50A fuse) staying overnight in places I did not trust. As for S550 hoods, I open mine all the time in hot weather at home to let the heat escape. The V6 does not have hood vents. Gas pressurized hood struts are worth the bucks.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...I feel like a year isn't enough time to really get to know and enjoy a car. That's just me though.
It's not just you. I like to try a car out for 6 or 8 years to decide if I like it or not. šŸ˜

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning