'17 GT350
I got 10 tires out of the last Walmart fire sale. It was a hell of a score
Sponsored

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
I will let everyone know if the MPSS 305’s I ordered from Walmart actually show up. I’m convinced they will not, that Walmart listed them expecting to be able to get them. Won’t be the first time they have done that. They say they do not charge your credit card until the tires ship; tires are supposed to be here tomorrow, my cc has a “pending” charge status on the charge.

Shelby666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I will let everyone know if the MPSS 305’s I ordered from Walmart actually show up. I’m convinced they will not, that Walmart listed them expecting to be able to get them. Won’t be the first time they have done that. They say they do not charge your credit card until the tires ship; tires are supposed to be here tomorrow, my cc has a “pending” charge status on the charge.
Did the status update as shipped yet? If they're scheduled for delivery tomorrow the tires should definitely be on their way by now.

I have an order due on Tuesday so I'm watching this closely, lol.

OP
OP
RJay

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
And this just happened...

upload_2020-1-16_16-8-37.png

Shelby666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
And this just happened...

upload_2020-1-16_16-8-37.png
Well, being you can't find these tires anywhere else, it was expected for them to sell out. Now to see if the orders that got in actually show up...

Sponsored

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Got a notice from Walmart today that my tires have been backordered and if they cannot ship them in 2 days, they will cancel my order and refund my $. Big surprise, lol. So I guess if you want MPSS’s in 305/35/19 any time soon, you’d better try to jump on the Tire Rack bandwagon and hope you can get some off the Feb truckload. I decided to make the leap and go to 30 series 4S’s as recommended by Billy Johnson and pray I can get up my driveway.

OP
OP
RJay

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Got a notice from Walmart today that my tires have been backordered and if they cannot ship them in 2 days, they will cancel my order and refund my $. Big surprise, lol. So I guess if you want MPSS’s in 305/35/19 any time soon, you’d better try to jump on the Tire Rack bandwagon and hope you can get some off the Feb truckload. I decided to make the leap and go to 30 series 4S’s as recommended by Billy Johnson and pray I can get up my driveway.
Well, you called it, apparently Walmart's website doesn't communicate with their inventory control.

Are you going with the 4S in 295/30R19 and 305/30R19?

Tire Rack's not showing any availability on the fronts until 03/14 and 02/07 on the rears. :frown:

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Walmart.com for the most part is a simple front end ordering portal for many vendors and suppliers. They likely source the tires from the same supplier as your local tire shop and online vendors like TireRack. For more real time and accurate info, I would trust a tire vendor over Walmart. That said, if the item is in stock, Walmart pricing is usually favorable, along with shipping often free and easy return policies.

With the number of GT350s on the road now and the short life of the PSC2, I am hoping the SS and 4S will be produced in OEM sizes again. For now, Michelin may be forcing PSC2s on the market to recoup development costs.

bendensez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I also decided to go with PS4S in 295/30R19 and 305/30R19 on my new R-spec Signatures per Billy Johnson's recommendation. Really wanted to go with the PS4S although the PSS are great tires. I like that they are generally very available and will be for some time. I bought them from Tire Rack; fronts arrived Tuesday and rears arrived today. I'll be fine with dropping the ride height in the areas I drive. I'm a little worried about how the extra 1/2" wheel well gap will look, so I am also going to install the FP lowering springs to take the gap down. Should also be a good handling upgrade. Yes, I'll need to be a bit careful in some areas...

Here's a good idea how it will look. EF300 is running FP springs and 305/30R19 square.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ng-springs-are-you-using.107903/#post-2316985

Later on in the thread, @honeybadger mentioned that FP springs are a great upgrade and that they work fine with the standard (non-R) splitter. I will likely also add the FP sway bars as well. I've seen many people mention the FP springs and FP sway bars are a great combo upgrade.

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Yes, I will go 295/305. That conforms with Johnson’s general rule that actual tread width should be equal or 1/2” less than wheel width. The 30 series 4s’s are a perfect match for R spec wheels. Will think about springs/sways later. Got to fund/install a FTB diff cooler first. I looked at springs/sways quite a while ago and the consensus back then was that there were better options out there. Seems to have come around again. Did something change; are the FP springs now different from the early versions ?

Sponsored

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I also decided to go with PS4S in 295/30R19 and 305/30R19 on my new R-spec Signatures per Billy Johnson's recommendation. Really wanted to go with the PS4S although the PSS are great tires. I like that they are generally very available and will be for some time. I bought them from Tire Rack; fronts arrived Tuesday and rears arrived today. I'll be fine with dropping the ride height in the areas I drive. I'm a little worried about how the extra 1/2" wheel well gap will look, so I am also going to install the FP lowering springs to take the gap down. Should also be a good handling upgrade. Yes, I'll need to be a bit careful in some areas...
Just curious, but if you've got R-spec wheels (11" wide front, 11.5" wide rear), why did you go with the non-R sizes of 295/305 (which were on 10.5" wide front, 11" wide rear and already slightly stretched)? I have R-spec Signatures and am running 305/30 front and 325/30 rear. There is a decent amount more wheel gap of the R-spec 30 series tires vs the standard 350's 35 series tires since the sidewall is about .5" shorter and the tire is about 1" shorter overall. I will also add that I am on fhe FP springs too.

When I went to the FP springs, i was still on the stock wheels and tires and experienced a little more splitter scraping that I was at stock ride height with stock wheels/tires. Once I went to the R-spec Signature wheels and 30 series MPSS tires, I started scraping on all kinds of things I never had to think about while running the stock wheels and tires with the FP springs. Having said all that, if you're going to put 295/30 and 305/30 on the car, you'll have even less clearance and more wheel gap than the 305/30 & 325/30 combo, plus your new tires will be stretched on top of that due to being on a wider wheel, further reducing the sidewall height & ride height. I'd be concerned about that, based on my own personal experiences, but that's just my 2 cents...

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

Here's a good idea how it will look. EF300 is running FP springs and 305/30R19 square.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ng-springs-are-you-using.107903/#post-2316985

Later on in the thread, @honeybadger mentioned that FP springs are a great upgrade and that they work fine with the standard (non-R) splitter. I will likely also add the FP sway bars as well. I've seen many people mention the FP springs and FP sway bars are a great combo upgrade.
Definitely add the bars. You'll get too much roll without them.

Just curious, but if you've got R-spec wheels (11" wide front, 11.5" wide rear), why did you go with the non-R sizes of 295/305 (which were on 10.5" wide front, 11" wide rear and already slightly stretched)? I have R-spec Signatures and am running 305/30 front and 325/30 rear. There is a decent amount more wheel gap of the R-spec 30 series tires vs the standard 350's 35 series tires since the sidewall is about .5" shorter and the tire is about 1" shorter overall. I will also add that I am on fhe FP springs too.

When I went to the FP springs, i was still on the stock wheels and tires and experienced a little more splitter scraping that I was at stock ride height with stock wheels/tires. Once I went to the R-spec Signature wheels and 30 series MPSS tires, I started scraping on all kinds of things I never had to think about while running the stock wheels and tires with the FP springs. Having said all that, if you're going to put 295/30 and 305/30 on the car, you'll have even less clearance and more wheel gap than the 305/30 & 325/30 combo, plus your new tires will be stretched on top of that due to being on a wider wheel, further reducing the sidewall height & ride height. I'd be concerned about that, based on my own personal experiences, but that's just my 2 cents...
The 325 PS4S are too wide for the 11.5 wheel if we're talking about performance, IMHO. A bit of stretch is actually better than a bit of bulge. You're actually not getting anymore usable contact patch. For example, I've run 305 and 315 Pirelli sicks on an 11in wheel and the 305s have a more usable contact patch on that wheel size. Lap times were/are better as a result.

Ultimately, being on a 295 or 305 on an 11in wheel won't make enough of a difference to matter. I've run everything from 295-325s on my car. As long as you have a quality tire like the Michelin, you'll be fine.

Oh and side note - you'll get less tramlining with a 295 vs 305.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think Billy said the rule of thumb for tire sizing is .5" narrower tread width than wheel width.

The stretch preloads the sidewall, takes advantage of all of the surface area and helps with tire response and feel.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I think Billy said the rule of thumb for tire sizing is .5" narrower tread width than wheel width.

The stretch preloads the sidewall, takes advantage of all of the surface area and helps with tire response and feel.
Very true. The 315 Pirellis felt like driving on balloons. Very grippy balloons.

bendensez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350

@Tribefan, I really appreciate the input. These are definitely all concerns that are on my mind. I have struggled with this decision. All I can go on is what I read about the experience of others, which I've done A LOT of, until I make a decision and see it for myself.

I originally planned on going with Continental ExtremeContact Sport in 305/325 because they aren't as squared off as the 325 Michelin, but the 305 have been on back order for some time and still don't even have an estimated date.

I went with 295/305 PS4S because those tires on R-spec rims most closely match the geometry of the R-spec 305/315 Cup2s, when section width, tread width and rim width are all accounted for. Actually, they end up with a little less sidewall stretch than the 305/315 Cup2s. Billy Johnson also recommends them because their tread widths match the R-spec rim widths. I take your point on the sidewall stretch and affect on sidewall height. I actually did some math on the change in sidewall height due to stretching between a 295 and 305 PS4S on a 11" rim and came up with only 0.020". Yes, going to a 295 will result in a nominal 0.3" diameter decrease, 0.15" clearance, compared to the 305. And the FP springs will lower it some more...

I think in the end, I will be in the same boat as you. So, my question for you:

Despite the scraping, are you happy with your setup? Would you do anything differently?

Again, thanks for the input. Really appreciated.
Sponsored