RJay

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Randy, I am up in Kingman. What specific tires do you want to sell ? Not clear from the thresd.
2019 FP-branded SC2's. Less than 200 miles. Save $540!

upload_2020-1-9_14-17-28.png
Sponsored

Shelby666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Still no updates on a solid/actual production date, huh?

OP
OP
RJay

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
I can't get a straight answer from Michelin at all
"Call us again in 4 weeks"
I think I talked to the same guy. They have a 4-week view of production when you call Michelin customer support.

But when I called Tire Rack customer care, they already had their order in and confirmed - a small shipment of 305/35R19 MPSS's arriving in mid-February - some had already been sold so I purchased one in advance as a spare.

Sponsored

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
As soon as I saw your post Randy, I thought, oh-oh, here we go again with Walmart . In the past they have had tires for sale that they did not have, etc.. But then I thought, use their pricing and get Discount Tire to price match ! So off I went to my local Discount Tire. The MPSS’s were listed in both 295 and 305 on their order site, so I gave them my cc and thought, cool, done ! So then the sales guy tried to look up when they would have them in stock. .... uhhhhhh, no go. The best they could do was try to order the rears from Tire Rack (TR said they might be available mid-Feb, consistent with what has been said here). Soooo, I am guessing that Walmart will not be able to deliver the MPSS’s either. Unfortunately, I need tires now, just discovered one of my fronts is down to the cord on the extreme inside edge. Really wanted 4S’s but afraid it will be endless pain getting up my driveway with the 30’s. May have to copy Dave’s solution and go with 295 4S’s all around. Drat. This sucks.

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Just in case Walmart is not FOS, I went to order a couple, just in case. My cc company denied the charge on fraud alert (probably because I left the order at Discount Tire outstanding while I decided what to do). Walmart sent me a confirmation with expected delivery of Jan 20th. When I reprocessed the order after the fraud alert/denial, I got an expected delivery of Jan 17th ! We’ll see what happens, lol.

OP
OP
RJay

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
As soon as I saw your post Randy, I thought, oh-oh, here we go again with Walmart . In the past they have had tires for sale that they did not have, etc.. But then I thought, use their pricing and get Discount Tire to price match ! So off I went to my local Discount Tire. The MPSS’s were listed in both 295 and 305 on their order site, so I gave them my cc and thought, cool, done ! So then the sales guy tried to look up when they would have them in stock. .... uhhhhhh, no go. The best they could do was try to order the rears from Tire Rack (TR said they might be available mid-Feb, consistent with what has been said here). Soooo, I am guessing that Walmart will not be able to deliver the MPSS’s either. Unfortunately, I need tires now, just discovered one of my fronts is down to the cord on the extreme inside edge. Really wanted 4S’s but afraid it will be endless pain getting up my driveway with the 30’s. May have to copy Dave’s solution and go with 295 4S’s all around. Drat. This sucks.
Plenty of 295/35R19's to be had out there for your fronts - if you need an immediate solution.

What got me excited about Walmart's promised date (Feb 4th) is that it matches up pretty closely to a shipment Tire Rack is supposed to get from Michelin.

I figured I couldn't lose - if Walmart comes through I get one for a great price - if they over-promised I still have my Tire Rack order showing up in mid-February.

And (shameless promotion) there's always that set of SC2's in my garage for a killer price! :rockon:

OP
OP
RJay

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Walmart sent me a confirmation with expected delivery of Jan 20th. When I reprocessed the order after the fraud alert/denial, I got an expected delivery of Jan 17th ! We’ll see what happens, lol.
That is totally crazy! Three days and they gave me three weeks! Be sure and post if they show up!

Sponsored

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
OP
How do the SS compare to the 4s ? New 2020 coming want to take the cup2s off right away was going to do the 4s in a 30 series tire 295 front 305 rear but not sure about the loss in ride height. See that the SS come in the OEM 295/35R19 and 305/35R19 just wonder how they stack up?

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Clint, the 30 series will drop your ride height by 1”. If clearance is not an issue for you, would say your original plan to go 4s in 30 series is your best choice. Note, however, that your speedo will be off (will read high; this can be corrected with Forscan or just ignored, nbd). IMO, the 4s is the better tire overall, should handle better and wear better, has deeper tread depth (MPSS 7/32 front, 8/32 rear; 4s 9.5/32, front and rear. Randy, I want to replace all 4 at once as I have R spec forged wheels I am dying to mount ! So, you never know, may end up buying your Cup 2’s after all !

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
30 series is 1” less in diameter than 35 series. That is a 1/2” less sidewall. So only a 1/2” drop plus 1/2” more between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender.

OP
OP
RJay

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
OP
How do the SS compare to the 4s ? New 2020 coming want to take the cup2s off right away was going to do the 4s in a 30 series tire 295 front 305 rear but not sure about the loss in ride height. See that the SS come in the OEM 295/35R19 and 305/35R19 just wonder how they stack up?
Clint - I did exactly what you're planning to do. I drove from the dealer to a tire shop where I had my Tire Rack purchase shipped the week before. I've been running the SS's for about 6,650 miles and really like them. My only change was going to the BMW spec 295/35R19 up front because I liked the 104Y load rating (same as the SC2's).

I wanted OEM sizing and did not want to lower the ride height at all or mess with the speedo. The 4S is a great tire by all accounts - the problem is size availability - and according to Michelin there's no 305/35R19 on the books for Q1 or Q2 of 2020. :frown:

That being said, a good friend of mine put 295/35R19 4S's on all four corners of his 2019 base and has been perfectly happy.

You can buy the MPSS's today in 295/35R19. The problem is the 305/35R19's have been on back order for weeks. I daily mine and was freaking out that a nail in my sidewall could put my car out of commission. So I called Tire Rack and they told me they had a small shipment coming in mid-February. I bought one from them as a spare. Then I found that Walmart was claiming to have them available. bmarco and I will let everyone know if that's true or not.

Hope this helped!