MGW Shifter for Mach1

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I liked the video because this looked exactly like a product I really can appreciate. I however wonder how difficult is it to swap the shifters? I mean do you guys do it yourselves or does it require some hard work at the shop?
Sponsored

Last One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I liked the video because this looked exactly like a product I really can appreciate. I however wonder how difficult is it to swap the shifters? I mean do you guys do it yourselves or does it require some hard work at the shop?
This will be the fourth MGW shifter that I will have installed. The other three worked perfectly and I'm not about to change that now. Figure about two hours labor for a reliable shop. If you have access to a lift and some mechanical skill, I'm sure you could install it yourself.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I installed the last one on four jack stands. It wasn't that bad. If you have to lower the transmission or remove the driveshaft on this install, it may be a bit more difficult.

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
is it live on there website yet? Looking to order

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS

Sponsored

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
looks super nice but a bit more involved than the old Pro 5.0 I did years ago

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Zelek said:
If you have to lower the transmission or remove the driveshaft on this install, it may be a bit more difficult.
You are just tipping the rear of the trans down a few inches, same as with any other semi-remote shifter install. No need to touch the driveshaft.

richardmauro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
richard
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 22 Porsche 992 Targa, 2019 Porsche TTS
How difficult to install- MGW says 3 hours- my mechanic does not want to do it. Looks involved.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Not to be a bubble burster but... what problem is this solving? The shifter in the Mach already seems pretty damn good. For a GT, sure, absolute improvement. For the Mach, seems like a mod just for the sake of modding. Certainly not an indictment of the shifter or MGW, just doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of room for improvement over stock in this case.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Not to be a bubble burster but... what problem is this solving? The shifter in the Mach already seems pretty damn good. For a GT, sure, absolute improvement. For the Mach, seems like a mod just for the sake of modding. Certainly not an indictment of the shifter or MGW, just doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of room for improvement over stock in this case.
I get that. That’s where I was with the Shelby. But this challenge was repeatedly answered by happy MGW owners and techs with a confident response that (while the OE shifter is good) the MGW is a substantial upgrade.

After a good handful of track days, I’m ready to find out. Hoping for an increase in confidence and easier downshifts. I’m also told the OE shifter wears substantially under heavy use whereas the MGW does not.

richardmauro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
richard
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 22 Porsche 992 Targa, 2019 Porsche TTS
My mechanics point

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If you're happy eating spam then it makes no sense to pay for steak, right?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I’ve never had an MGW shifter but a friend had one in his zo6 and it was incredible. I’ve run steeda shifters in mustangs before and the difference was substantial. I get what you’re saying and while I think the factory shifter is not bad, the engineering that went into this unit has me excited. My favorite shift is getting on the freeway, redlining 2nd, and slamming into 3rd. The advantage of something like this is the confidence it adds to being able to nail that shift every time and fast. I remember on my 01 bullitt the stock shifter was a piece of shit but going to the steeda made the car feel a lot quicker. I guess it was considering it cut the time in between gears down by a noticeable amount. I wouldn’t feel compelled to get one if I was you but i think it will be a great upgrade over oem.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
If you're happy eating spam then it makes no sense to pay for steak, right?
Again, if it was the MT82 I'd consider it spam... the Mach shifter, not so much. I'm just curious what issues with the Mach shifter are solved with the MGW.
Sponsored