Sponsored

Magneride

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
How many opted for the magneride option on your '18?
Are you happy with the set up?
Not too many members write about it.....
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Magneride is worth every penny, in ANY car. Not much to be said.

It is the ONLY option I need on a Mustang. It is just too bad it is not a stand-alone option, instead of having to pay nearly $6k to get it. I'd rather get just MR and buy all my own upgrades.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not an '18, but on my GT350 I absolutely love the suspension setup with Magneride. IMO it's a must have. But like anything, I would recommend you drive some cars and see what you think. No cars available to drive? I think you'd still be better off waiting until you can drive one rather than making the decision based on someone else's recommendation.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It's in my ecoboost and it's fantastic. If you can afford it, then get it.

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I wouldn’t have got my car without Magneride. Where I live the roads are terrible. A pure track shock setup would drive me nuts. The Magneride is adaptive and tames the conditions very well. The car is stable without being rough. Heck the Mustang Magneride automatically turns itself into drag shocks when I need it to. What’s not to like?
Cheers,

Sponsored

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
taking a gt350 out for a spin was what made up my mind to get the PP2. the magnaride really does make it nice

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Worth it every time all the time. LIttle fun fact: Magnetic ride shocks don't need to be rebuilt because they don't have any valves. Theoretically, they're maintenance free. There are mid 2000's GM cars with MSRC on them that haven't had a shock replacement in over 100,000 miles and no need to.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
While I've been told it is cost prohibitive I was thinking of quoting a retrofit on the job. I have regrets not getting it.

Without the job there is potential to have to replace the shocks at some point down the road so that could be a factor to consider.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
While I've been told it is cost prohibitive I was thinking of quoting a retrofit on the job. I have regrets not getting it.
Sounds like you should probably just trade up if that's the case. Retrofit vs perfect OEM integration? Good luck...

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Perhaps but a trade up has a whole set of issues too. For one I hate paperwork, lol.

I just want a quote for now. I'll factor in what a future shock replacement may cost as well. I'm sure it's labor intensive. The future may bring some good aftermarket choices too.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I really wanted to forgo the PP1 and Magneride and get the PP2 since its included, to me better wheels and its only like 700-800 more. BUT couldn't find any premiums and at the time ordering a 18 stopped and 19's started. with a delivery date of late September to early October. The dealer had a PP1 and offered a great deal. So i notice the ride change and all when going through the modes, and ive only drove a friends base GT before. but i really noticed the difference after i drove his car again. we switched on a little cruise and wow.. so yeah im glad i got it, you really really notice it going from a car without to one with over the same roads. To me totally worth it.

Pulpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT
It took me 5 months to find a magneride car, well worth the wait. Magneride (pp1) and active exhaust were my must have options. Car is so flat when cornering and I no longer have to slow down at my local train crossing...so smooth.

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Definitely worth it. It is a must have for me when I get my 2019, along with active valve.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
It's pretty much made by only one manufacturer so all those high end exotics and luxury cars that have it have pretty much what the Mustang would have minus the calculations. So to answer your question, there would be no reason it wouldn't be worth having. If I could have found one from a dealer spec'd with it, I would have gotten it. Especially now that I know I'm not even bugged by the stock height of the 2018. I was afraid i'd want to lower it like I did as soon as I got my 16, nope. I actually was wondering if the 2018 just looked lower or was lower than the 15-17. Was parked by one this weekend with stock springs, my god the 15-17 look much more like a 4x4 than the 2018's on stock height.