Sponsored

Magneride impressions

svtsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
The control arms are different? Or just different between model years? I get sensors, shocks, and struts but wasn't expecting control arms among other things.

Oh well.
The knuckle is strengthened, and houses the larger GT350 wheel bearings.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Also the right rear spring is counter-wound (left hand coils) like the GT350 for the MagneRide GT's. Therefore the right rear control arm is different. I haven't seen a "normal" GT PP picture or actual car to compare.

theman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LongBed Tundra & M3 Convertible
so this gt350 trickle down of the same magneride parts may make swapping the full 4pot brakes onto the rear much easier for folks...

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
so this gt350 trickle down of the same magneride parts may make swapping the full 4pot brakes onto the rear much easier for folks...
This is something I'd really like to know.

Sponsored

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
[MENTION=12797]bill@cjpp[/MENTION] I just saw your YouTube video with the lowering springs. Can you give some feedback on how those springs perform with the MagneRide?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
How is the wheel hop? Any improvement compared to the 15-17s?
Nearly all wheel hop on the S550 is attributed to rear IRS cradle movement. Even GT350's have some bad wheel hop due to cradle mount bushings being soft and defecting. Steeda IRS Support Brace kit or BMR Rear Cradle Lockout kit. Do NOT get rear vertical links as they do not attribute to wheel hop unless you're running around 800+ RWHP and even so it's still minimal if any.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
[MENTION=12797]bill@cjpp[/MENTION] I just saw your YouTube video with the lowering springs. Can you give some feedback on how those springs perform with the MagneRide?
I am interested in this as well. Was going to order some GT 350 springs but was not sure if they would work with the GT.

OP
OP

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
I am interested in this as well. Was going to order some GT 350 springs but was not sure if they would work with the GT.
So far so good. The ride is a little firmer which I expected but it still rides great. I have had no issues at all so far.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any word on if an aftermarket group is working on enhanced calibrations for the magneride?

Sponsored
OP
OP

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
Any word on if an aftermarket group is working on enhanced calibrations for the magneride?
I talked to a few companies that are working on it at SEMA. I am sure you will see calibrations in the future.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
GT350 guys have been asking about this ever since inception. It's a SLOOOOW process right now. Some of these companies weren't sure if the market was there. Tis now.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
How do you define "enhanced"?:D

These guys apparently offer something for the GT350's but my understanding from guys at the SCCA Solo Nationals was the power supplies were not reliable yet.

I have no idea what performance/balance adjustments they allow.

http://www.dscsport.com/

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I absolutely agree with the OP here.
I currently have a 2016 GT Premium (non-PP) and drove three 2018 GTs so far. The first one I drove about 4-5 weeks back was a 10-speed Premium with 401a, active performance exhaust, and 19" wheels, nothing else, second was a Premium with 401a, Performance Pack, and nothing else (no active exhaust on this one confirmed that it's a must-have for me haha). Yesterday, one of the dealers called me up as they got a Crimson GT in with "everything I want" (fully-loaded minus recaros), got there and to my disappointment it was a 400a and not the 401a package (when I pointed it out to the sales me he went "WTF? Who ordered this?!?!?" as I'm 99% sure he was planning on getting me out of my current lease early and to drive it home hahaha)... but, it had the magneride (as well as the smart and safety package, which I was surprised seems to give you a HUD in the way of shift lights that flash for the emergency warning) so I gave it a test drive to see if it was worth it... OMFG yes. Yes, it is 100000% worth the cost of the performance pack to be able to option it, the cost of the option itself and then (in my case) needing to buy 4x new tires since I live in the Northeast and can't use those summer tires in the winter :p

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
How do you define "enhanced"?:D

These guys apparently offer something for the GT350's but my understanding from guys at the SCCA Solo Nationals was the power supplies were not reliable yet.

I have no idea what performance/balance adjustments they allow.

http://www.dscsport.com/
Their software user manual can be downloaded as a .pdf. Seems to have quite a bit in it even though it's not all that many pages (Acrobat counts only 16). The bigger issue might be learning just what it is that you need to tweak in order to get the desired change.

Norm
Sponsored