Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
I have had a lot of people ask for feedback on the magneride, IE is is really worth it. My car is a PP 401A GT with magneride and recaros. So far I am absolutely blown away by the suspension. When I picked up my 2015 GT my biggest complaint was the bounciness of the stock suspension, it worked well in corners but I hated it on the highway so I changed it up in a hurry. The 2018 is a whole different story. The ride is so controlled, its firm but not bouncy, bumps are taken very well and when you throw it in a corner the car just works. I went from the PP wheels with the very capable Pilots to 20 in HRE wheels with G2s and the ride hasn't changed. Ride quality is excellent, performance is also everything I hoped for. I can only imagine what PP2 will be like. I am sure the magneride will have the ability to be programmed at some point too. I will be lowering the car soon and will give some feedback on that as well.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Mag rides just seems to be amazing, best suspension setup for the street I'd say particular in user friendliness.

Here is a question, as every review has driven in normal, sport and track where of course it gets stiffer with each mode.

But no review has tried wet mode, can you test wet mode and see if it makes ride any softer compared to normal mode please?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
This is good to hear thank you for posting your impressions.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Glad I optioned it on my 2018. Keep up the excellent work.:thumbsup:

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have had a lot of people ask for feedback on the magneride, IE is is really worth it. My car is a PP 401A GT with magneride and recaros. So far I am absolutely blown away by the suspension. When I picked up my 2015 GT my biggest complaint was the bounciness of the stock suspension, it worked well in corners but I hated it on the highway so I changed it up in a hurry. The 2018 is a whole different story. The ride is so controlled, its firm but not bouncy, bumps are taken very well and when you throw it in a corner the car just works. I went from the PP wheels with the very capable Pilots to 20 in HRE wheels with G2s and the ride hasn't changed. Ride quality is excellent, performance is also everything I hoped for. I can only imagine what PP2 will be like. I am sure the magneride will have the ability to be programmed at some point too. I will be lowering the car soon and will give some feedback on that as well.
How is the wheel hop? Any improvement compared to the 15-17s?

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
My dad was shocked when I told him that magneride wasn't new to Ford it is brought down to the GT from the GT350 which he knows is the track ready car. I doubt I'll track my car but I'm lucky enough to live in a part of the country with beautiful roads(i.e. blue ridge parkway and tail of the dragon.) And as soon as it's nice out we will take my 2018 on the blue ridge parkway.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Wonder if they can make it a kit? If it is that good I'd wager they should make it a package and offer it in their catalog. Total cost of a '18 model car is just not in the cards for most I'd wager. Well - I'm sure people will flock but for me I'd just find a GT350 and put a bow on it.

OP
OP

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
How is the wheel hop? Any improvement compared to the 15-17s?
It is so cold here it is tough to say. I did powershift 1-2 the other day and got some hop.

I second it!!
Starts to chant
We want pics! We want pics!
There will be a video on them up today!

Wonder if they can make it a kit? If it is that good I'd wager they should make it a package and offer it in their catalog. Total cost of a '18 model car is just not in the cards for most I'd wager. Well - I'm sure people will flock but for me I'd just find a GT350 and put a bow on it.
It would be an expensive kit to add with the sensors, unique shocks, struts, control arms, etc.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try wet and normal mode, see if wet mode feels any softer please than normal?

OP
OP

bill@cjpp

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
All the Mustangs
Try wet and normal mode, see if wet mode feels any softer please than normal?
Ok so I tried this last night. I hate wet mode since it kills throttle response and everything feels vague but I did not notice any change in how the suspension felt.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so I tried this last night. I hate wet mode since it kills throttle response and everything feels vague but I did not notice any change in how the suspension felt.
OK thank you Bill, that is a shame, if they softened off the suspension a touch more it would add more compliance, particular useful in the UK on our bumpy roads which are wet most of the time.

From what you say though the mag ride does sound amazingly compliant in normal and even sport mode, so its probably quite handy in the wet still. :)

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
It would be an expensive kit to add with the sensors, unique shocks, struts, control arms, etc.
The control arms are different? Or just different between model years? I get sensors, shocks, and struts but wasn't expecting control arms among other things.

Oh well.
Sponsored