Sponsored

Magneride questions before i order car

Nikujaga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Before buying try testing one first. Sophisticated suspension systems when broken can be very costly to fix, e.g. air suspensions; magnaride has a computer module plus fluid filled electro dampers to consider if problems arise unlike a conventional suspension. Magnaride settings(normal, sport +, track) progressively increase damping, firming things up. Normal would feel firm but compliant relative to the others but not soft and vice versa. If you don't track and don't drive aggressively the normal setup could be the thing. Here is a video you may find helpful:
Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Well, here's my humble opinion. And, we know what is said about opinions. Like you, living close to the Great Smokey Mountains in North Carolina, I like the twistyies also. Albeit I'm certainly not even close to a professional racing car driver. Our non-magride '18 in the curves is more than enough for me. On the crappy roads in my area where the patches has patches the car does very well. But, here's the thing. If you want the mag ride you need to order it, or you will never be completely happy with your new car. You will always have that little "I wish" thought in the back of your mind. The price is reasonable, and I haven't seen any threads about the system giving problems.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I have it ordered on a ‘19 GT PP1 convertible. I love it on my Shelby and really wanted to get on the new car. Just know going in that MR is a limited availability option. It may add some additional time to your order.

Reactions: Why
OP
OP

Why

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Well I am going to get MR, be my first vehicle ever with it.
Thank you to everyone who chimed in.
It will basically be my weekends, and holidays road trip car, and some evenings as well. Monday through Friday for work reasons I drive a pickup.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I will say this - I had Koni Sports on previous car - which are decent adjustable shocks that are much better damped than stock '15 suspension. MR is infinitely better. It's magical compared to Konis (or Steedas or whatever else aftermarket there is). It's absolute bargain for the price.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It's absolute bargain for the price.
If you already going with the PP, then yes it's a bargain.

If you just want to add Magneride to your base car, it's gonna automatically include the PP which is an extra 4.5k and not so much a bargain if you didn't need any of the PP stuff to begin with.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Magnetic suspension is maintenance free. The shocks and struts don't have valves and therefore have nothing internally to break except for a tube seal. There are mid 2000's GM cars with MSRC that have never had shocks and struts replaced with no real need unless they start leaking.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
It's incredible. Magical. It came on my Shelby so it is new to me. Our roads suck but I can keep it in comfort/normal to avoid kidney damage yet the suspension still firms up when needed amazingly well.

I live in metro NYC and would opt for them any chance I get going forward.

Oh, and in drag mode they soften up on launch to allow weight shift, then firm up as speed increases for high speed stability. Incredible.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
If you keep your car for a long time, check out the replacement costs. Pretty ugly outside of warranty when I checked. Ride height sensors and more complexity is not for me. A nice set of KONIs will work just fine in the years ahead. And yes, I wondered about the metallic particles wearing out the valving over thousands of miles of use. They must ream out something over the long haul.

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Extended warranty probably worth while

Sponsored
OP
OP

Why

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I was already planning to get PP 1 as well, and so that doesn't change for those who asked.
I want a 2019 GT Fastback Premium in Velocity blue, with automatic transmission, PP1, Magneride, and 401A.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Well I am going to get MR, be my first vehicle ever with it.
Thank you to everyone who chimed in.
It will basically be my weekends, and holidays road trip car, and some evenings as well. Monday through Friday for work reasons I drive a pickup.
Magneride is out of stock until at least late this year if your order has not already been acknkwledged by Ford. I would try to find your perfect mustang already on a dealer lot if you are purchasing now. If you can wait until sometime early next year to take delivery you may want to place your order now! P.S the fancy digital dashboards are also on hold.
Sponsored