Sponsored

Before I place my order...

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda Miata
I decided to place order for 2020 Mustang EcoBoost fastback with 101A pkg + High Performance Package ( 67E + 99D ) They will stall order in order bank to delay building the car until spring.

trying to decide on which is better option 10 speed auto 44E or EcoBoost Handling Package to get MagneRide Damping System.

Really not sure what benefit for handling the MagneRide adds. Also no mention of MagneRide settings in 2019 owner's manual I downloaded.

Also does the Sport+ mode work with the 6 speed manual or if that feature for auto transmission only ? Can my key setting have car start up with Sport+ driving mode or this has to be selected every single time you get in the car?

More concerned about how well car handles vs how fast the car is.

Decided against the convertible as the 9 speaker audio system sounds a lot worse due to placement of speakers ( no rear deck ). Home audio system is all McIntosh with Magnepan speakers...

Dan
Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
You can build a custom stereo much cheaper and MUCH better.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hi Dan and welcome to the forum.

Couple of questions, couple of answers.

I decided to place order for 2020 Mustang EcoBoost fastback with 101A pkg + High Performance Package ( 67E + 99D ) They will stall order in order bank to delay building the car until spring.

trying to decide on which is better option 10 speed auto 44E or EcoBoost Handling Package to get MagneRide Damping System.

Seems like your trying to chose between a transmission and a handling package (apologize if i'm missing something). Tranny is personal preference. Auto for the drag strip, Manny for road racing. I have the Auto because of my knee, otherwise I would have bought a Bullitt.

Really not sure what benefit for handling the MagneRide adds. Also no mention of MagneRide settings in 2019 owner's manual I downloaded.

I test drove a car with MagneRide and it was awesome in the twisties. I decided against it because I could not justify the cost for the way I use the car. If you can afford it, do it.

Also does the Sport+ mode work with the 6 speed manual or if that feature for auto transmission only ? Can my key setting have car start up with Sport+ driving mode or this has to be selected every single time you get in the car?

Answered by Mik.

More concerned about how well car handles vs how fast the car is.

High Performance Package along with the Handling Package will give you both. Costly but I imagine extremely impressive.

Decided against the convertible as the 9 speaker audio system sounds a lot worse due to placement of speakers ( no rear deck ). Home audio system is all McIntosh with Magnepan speakers...

OK, this one confuses me. Have you listened to the 9 speaker in a coupe. Not terrible but not great either. I did spend for the B&O and it sounds fantastic for an OEM system. Unfortunately, I believe you need a premium care to get it. That said, as an audiophile, you will want the B&O.

By the way, :like: on the Magnepans. Not many people know about them but they are great sounding speakers.

Dan

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
I drive to fast, and in a lower gear genuinely to be able to hear the stereo Quality most of the time.
I did get the Shaker Pro Audio system w/ HD and 12 speaker in my vert, but reviews say it's not worth the money.
But bought the car off the lot and it was already there.
Enjoy your new ride, and welcome to the forum.

Sponsored

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
I am not disagreeing with you but have you listened to the B&O? Honestly it is damn impressive. Cost is very reasonable for the performance.
Really? I think my B&O is just mediocre

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am not disagreeing with you but have you listened to the B&O? Honestly it is damn impressive. Cost is very reasonable for the performance.
I have not and for stock I am sure it sounds good. But my daily runs 2 sets of JL CW3 comps, JL400 amp, 2 10" Sundown Audio subs ported with a huge amp and a Audio Control Lc7i. I doubt...it sounds that good. But it depends on how much you are into stereo and sound but aftermarket is the way to go IMO.

codesx100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang

Dan
Coming from a 2018 GT A10 with Magneride its definitely a fun combo, never drove an eco but I'd go the high performance package seems like a fun package.

Magnepan + Mcintosh is an awesome set up. Coming from Martin Logan electrostatics I'd stick with the basic set up your never going to match the sound. Buy a nice sounding exhaust instead

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda Miata
I can answer some of your questions.

The 10-speed is very very nice. I believe sport+ is an exclusive mode for auto, as it changes paddle shift behavior. Correct me if I'm wrong someone with the m82.

You have to select modes on startup, but MyMode can be configured with all your steering/mode/exhaust (for active exhaust) settings. Mymode is two taps up at startup.

Get the upgraded B&O system.

As far as handling speed goes, it will handle a bit better than a stock GT (better weight distribution), but be much slower. Not a slow car by any measure, but you'd need to put a bit of aftermarket parts and tune to get the kind of numbers a GT makes off the lot.
It's the matter of keeping to a budget, I think the high performance package is nicer to have than the 201A package , which means giving up the B&O stereo as it is $5285 more to get Premium pkg with the B&O upgrade.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The 10R80 is well worth it - no one can outshift it and it keeps you in the power band. This applies to both the GT and EB platforms.

If you have not driven a 10R80 - like REALLY driven it, go to a local Dealer ask for a 10R80 equipped Mustang EB w/PP and take it for a lengthy HIGHWAY drive - not one of those “let’s take it around the neighborhood block” deals....

The 2018/19 EB w/10R80 and w/PP will be the closest representation of the up and coming 2020 EB HiPo you are going to order. Meaning as far as how the 10R80 will perform - sure HP is different between the 2018-19 vs the new 2020 EB HiPo, but if you want to understand and experience the 10R80 - you need to go find a 2018-19 equipped EB PP and take it for a spin.

The S+ drive mode will not activate and cannot be a saved “mode” in any of the S550’s regardless of platform. The Driver has to manually select that drive mode. When in that drive mode, it selects a pre-canned Ford PCM mapping which is more aggressive than the normal drive mode. When in this mode it also allows the Driver to take control of the transmission - so as soon as the Driver touches the steering wheel paddle shifter - the trans is then in full manual mode. It will NOT upshift at all and will redline - the Driver HAS to manually shift into the next gear.

The other Drive modes also have to be manually selected - none can be saved and used upon start up. To date, no one has found a way to defer the As Built Drive modes to a user selected mode for initial startup in Forscan either.

——

In 2018 the 9-speaker system was actually the prior model year (2015-2017) “Shaker” system, it’s just no longer referred to it as such (no branding on center stack and no reference in materials). Nothing was changed as far as factory equipped speakers or amps, it’s all the same components.

——

Magneride is more personal choice than it is a deciding factor. The standard 2018/19 PP suspension is adequate for those who want a performance oriented daily driver - who *might* visit a track day event here and there. The 2018/19 PP suspension is definitely different from the prior 2015-17 PP suspension. Many of us who came from the prior model year had initially posted on this site how much better the 2018 PP ride quality and handling is compared to the prior 2015-17 PP. I don’t think anyone has actually pinpointed all of the various changes as far as parts used or revisions between the model years / but there is a definitive difference.

If you’re wanting to get a better handling suspension over the PP and you’re going to use the vehicle both for daily and tracking (50% tracking or more), the Magneride may be the better choice - BUT there’s also guys on here who have also upgraded out of the Magneride for their own reasons... it’s just a matter of preference in how you’re going to use the car and how susceptible you or your body is to certain road conditions.

Look at it this way, if you’re going to go with an aftermarket suspension upgrade - if it were me, I wouldn’t pay the additional $$$$ for Magneride IF I had plans on buying and installing something better...

Again, I would seek out a Dealership that has an S550 equipped with Magneride and take it for a test drive. Then take a non-Magneride S550 for a drive immediately after to get a good comparison. It’s not going to matter if it was a 2019 or 2020 w/Magneride, it’s going to be the same suspension components and function.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda Miata
Coming from a 2018 GT A10 with Magneride its definitely a fun combo, never drove an eco but I'd go the high performance package seems like a fun package.

Magnepan + Mcintosh is an awesome set up. Coming from Martin Logan electrostatics I'd stick with the basic set up your never going to match the sound. Buy a nice sounding exhaust instead
I have owned a few different pairs of Martin Logan's over the years, it is tough choice between Magnepan & Martin Logan

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda Miata
I may be in the minority here as I never did mod's to any of my mustangs over the years. This will be the 10th new Mustang I purchased since having my driver's licence. So it is important for me to choose right combination of options.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda Miata
The 10R80 is well worth it - no one can outshift it and it keeps you in the power band. This applies to both the GT and EB platforms.

If you have not driven a 10R80 - like REALLY driven it, go to a local Dealer ask for a 10R80 equipped Mustang EB w/PP and take it for a lengthy HIGHWAY drive - not one of those “let’s take it around the neighborhood block” deals....

The 2018/19 EB w/10R80 and w/PP will be the closest representation of the up and coming 2020 EB HiPo you are going to order. Meaning as far as how the 10R80 will perform - sure HP is different between the 2018-19 vs the new 2020 EB HiPo, but if you want to understand and experience the 10R80 - you need to go find a 2018-19 equipped EB PP and take it for a spin.

The S+ drive mode will not activate and cannot be a saved “mode” in any of the S550’s regardless of platform. The Driver has to manually select that drive mode. When in that drive mode, it selects a pre-canned Ford PCM mapping which is more aggressive than the normal drive mode. When in this mode it also allows the Driver to take control of the transmission - so as soon as the Driver touches the steering wheel paddle shifter - the trans is then in full manual mode. It will NOT upshift at all and will redline - the Driver HAS to manually shift into the next gear.

The other Drive modes also have to be manually selected - none can be saved and used upon start up. To date, no one has found a way to defer the As Built Drive modes to a user selected mode for initial startup in Forscan either.

——

In 2018 the 9-speaker system was actually the prior model year (2015-2017) “Shaker” system, it’s just no longer referred to it as such (no branding on center stack and no reference in materials). Nothing was changed as far as factory equipped speakers or amps, it’s all the same components.

——

Magneride is more personal choice than it is a deciding factor. The standard 2018/19 PP suspension is adequate for those who want a performance oriented daily driver - who *might* visit a track day event here and there. The 2018/19 PP suspension is definitely different from the prior 2015-17 PP suspension. Many of us who came from the prior model year had initially posted on this site how much better the 2018 PP ride quality and handling is compared to the prior 2015-17 PP. I don’t think anyone has actually pinpointed all of the various changes as far as parts used or revisions between the model years / but there is a definitive difference.

If you’re wanting to get a better handling suspension over the PP and you’re going to use the vehicle both for daily and tracking (50% tracking or more), the Magneride may be the better choice - BUT there’s also guys on here who have also upgraded out of the Magneride for their own reasons... it’s just a matter of preference in how you’re going to use the car and how susceptible you or your body is to certain road conditions.

Look at it this way, if you’re going to go with an aftermarket suspension upgrade - if it were me, I wouldn’t pay the additional $$$$ for Magneride IF I had plans on buying and installing something better...

Again, I would seek out a Dealership that has an S550 equipped with Magneride and take it for a test drive. Then take a non-Magneride S550 for a drive immediately after to get a good comparison. It’s not going to matter if it was a 2019 or 2020 w/Magneride, it’s going to be the same suspension components and function.
Yesterday, I test drove a 2019 EcoBoost with the EB handling package + 10 speed auto which sold me on that combination as I had the car for the complete day. The 9 speaker sound system was not good enough in the convertible but was acceptable in the fastback as trunk is your speaker enclosure vs where they have to position rear speakers in a convertible.

Could not find settings for active exhaust to put it on quiet mode to allow better sound for the stereo.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I may be in the minority here as I never did mod's to any of my mustangs over the years. This will be the 10th new Mustang I purchased since having my driver's licence. So it is important for me to choose right combination of options.
I find that rather sad actually as Mustangs are made to be modded. I bet there are more mods on the market for Mustangs than any other car. But I am glad you were happy.
Sponsored